Story England's tour of the Caribbean

i know the feeling mate roll on tutsis new patch! Still thats a great run ate

"... three times and just keeled over!. And now over to Aggers in Jamaica for the test update."

"Thanks Alan. Good to see he survived the first two this time.

"Its close of play here on the second day, and a much more realistic session of play since tea. With the outfield slightly slower and Brian Lara obviously reading the beginner's guide to field placement over the tea interval, England finished on 196/2. Trescothick seemed to get confused and spooned a catch on mid on" OK I admit it - I pressed the wong key and tried to charge as the ball was pitching. Fool!! "He went for 69 when the score was 123 - England's biggest partnership of the tour so far. Butcher looked good for his 20 before attempting a silly run. Had that been the opposition running, the run-out bug would have been blamed. That's the second run out Butcher has been involved in - a habit he needs to break!

"Vaughn and Hussain are progressing nicely and the third day should see more of the same. If England can post a large target, they have a chance of winning this match. The rain delay may prove to be crucial at the end."

"On a lighter note, today brought the most comical piece of fielding I have ever seen. Edwards at fine leg ran round to a slow leg-glance from Trescothick as the batsmen ambled an easy single. He failed to pick the ball up, and then threw himself to his left as if to pretend he had to dive and not quite made it. Because of his clown-like idiocy, the crowd spent most of the afternoon chanting "Are you Bowden in disguise?"

Attachments

• misfield.jpg
    misfield.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 67
have you had any luck with the run out fix Fishbowlman?

Originally posted by The_gas
have you had any luck with the run out fix Fishbowlman?

If you mean Sam's .exe application then no, I haven't tried it. Don't seem to have the problem during test matches. Have read on here that people are saying it is not working.

"70 runs and 2 wickets took us to lunch with England on 266/4. Both Vaughn and Hussain, having made 50's should have gone on much further. Vaughn made 77 and Hussain 54. Flintoff came in before Thorpe. We don't yet know whether this was tactical, or if Thorpe was "otherwise occupied" at the time of the wicket. We will let you know when we find out."

"There's something about these slower bowlers that England just can't figure out yet. They caused havoc in the warm-up, and now Gayle is running through the lineup like a dose of salts. Gayle finished with 4 wickets for 46 runs from 32 overs that included 17 maidens. This was a fantastic performance that helped bring the run rate right down. Flintoff was the first to go, trying to smash him into the stand. He holed out to mid off for 15 - another poor innings. Both Read, who flapped around for 22 balls to make just 2 runs, and Giles who made a creditable 22 were bowled by the off spinner. Read missed a yorker length ball and Giles just plain missed.

"At tea, England made it to 371/7 with Thorpe (57) and Hoggard (7) still at the crease. Both Hoggard and then Harmison batted well supporting Thorpe at the other end. When both fell, Thorpe decided to go for the kill. He smashed a beautiful 6 over long off, and was caught at mid off net ball attempting the same shot again.

"England finish on 407 all out - a lead of 12. With an hour left to bat tonight, England will be hoping for a couple of quick wickets. The game at the moment hangs very delicately in the balance. The final hour, and before lunch tomorrow will play a big part in the outcome of the match."

Sounds like a tight encounter. If you could ask your Lara to e-mail mine about field placements that would be awesome as my Lara was clueless until I'd racked up 250/1.

Be interesting to see how the Windies fair in the second innings, if Lara gets in he could pose you problems - unlike the real Lara who currently has the same amount of chance of getting in as a 12 yr old satchel carrying choirboy at Stringfellows.

Also how do you get the images to post hear I can't do it. Do I need to run the game in windows and use Print Screen? I want to add a bit of colour to my report.

Good luck with the ball.

i was looking forward to that screenshot :rolleyes:
FishBowlMan your body clock must be all over the place :D

Originally posted by tigerdes
Sounds like a tight encounter. If you could ask your Lara to e-mail mine about field placements that would be awesome as my Lara was clueless until I'd racked up 250/1.

Be interesting to see how the Windies fair in the second innings, if Lara gets in he could pose you problems - unlike the real Lara who currently has the same amount of chance of getting in as a 12 yr old satchel carrying choirboy at Stringfellows.

Also how do you get the images to post hear I can't do it. Do I need to run the game in windows and use Print Screen? I want to add a bit of colour to my report.

Good luck with the ball.

Just about to start the 2nd innings. Need to bowl better than in the first. Must not pitch the ball up so much as was getting hit too often in the 1st. Those field placings were ludicrous!!

For images, use a program called FRAPS. It's freeware video and screen capture for games. Google for it as I can't remember the site. Good instructions provided and is easy to use.

Right... here goes!

Originally posted by The_gas
i was looking forward to that screenshot :rolleyes:
FishBowlMan your body clock must be all over the place :D

Yeah - not accepting attachments at the mo.

Body clock gone? Totally is mate. Was down in Cambridge Thurs & Fri as well for work. Listened to the cricket in the evening on the way back and then stayed up until about 6 in the morning listening to the Vancouver Canucks Ice hockey game. Hey ho. You only live twice :D :mad:

Originally posted by FishBowlMan
Yeah - not accepting attachments at the mo.

Body clock gone? Totally is mate. Was down in Cambridge Thurs & Fri as well for work. Listened to the cricket in the evening on the way back and then stayed up until about 6 in the morning listening to the Vancouver Canucks Ice hockey game. Hey ho. You only live twice :D :mad:

certinly do mate, ill be starting my next one dayer at around 4ish so hope to be asleep by 8am at the latest

Users who are viewing this thread