Story England's tour of the Caribbean

Originally posted by The_gas
thats the problem the outfield is so fast every shot is a four. But the patch makes bowling more fun

Have you got the config editor and the updated list file that includes the pitch / ground conditions? There are values in there called 'veltospin' and 'spintovel' that I am to understand (see one of Ravi's answers in Tutsi's patch 2.0 thread) that will control the outfield speed.

I am going to try these and see if I can make these a little more playable.

Originally posted by FishBowlMan
Give me a while and I'll see if I can get anything useful out of it. If I can, I'll help you through it.

yea that would be good! I dont know wether to un-install it again or carry on

didnt you notice the outfield speed in your first test match?

Originally posted by The_gas
didnt you notice the outfield speed in your first test match?

First game was on a normal pitch. This one I am trying now is on hard pitch. Speed should be greater, but at the moment, everything timed reasonably well will go for 4

well good luck sorting it out ill be back in an hour or two to see if you have sorted it cheers!

Byes, byes, byes

Hi Guys,

I'm having exactly the same problem. Playing a tour against the Windies and my first match v Windies A was on a hard pitch. In my first innings received an extra 32 runs from byes and I had to auto bowl against them because it was so frustrating beating the bat and the ball rushing away to the boundary for yet more byes.

In the end I was posted a target of 100 runs to win and scored just 48 off the bat with 52 coming from byes!!!! Going to use Sav's tweak in the meantime to change pitches from hard to dusty and see if this helps but I hope you solve the bye problem 'cos its driving me barmy.

Also I noticed that any nicely timed shots went straight to the boundary on the offside but could not get any power on my leg glances?? Did you notice this as well or just that you scored a lot of 4's?

I gave up and re-started the match in the end. Vaughn hit the first 2 balls straight for 4. Next over, Trescothic flapped around but got 2 leg glances to miss the fielder and 2 fours. Both batsmen's confidence up and then virtually everything I tried to hit normally - 4 runs; or like a rocket along the ground to a close (mid off etc) fielder.

The byes came when they tried to bounce me. I would duck / leave. Some the keeper caught, but some flew over his head for 4.

I have since used the config editor to slow the pace of the outfield down, but as we cannot alter the bounce off the pitch, the byes problem will persist for very short balls anyway.

Hey sounds like the current tour anyway.

The West Indies just cant win a trick.

Here we are still enjoying the Jamaican hospitality. We remain in Kingston for the first test match against the West Indies. With the 1st tour game finishing after 3 days, the boys have had time for a little relaxation and also some batting practice. "We needed to work on our judgement of line after the West Indies A game." says Vaughn. "I think its gone well and we should bat better in this match. Of course we are up against a better bowling attack so we'll have to see, but we are certainly feeling confident"

The weather for the next few days looks to be warm and overcast. There is a reasonable chance of rain I would think, but the pitch is a batsman's paradise. Hard, with lots of bounce. Definitely have first bat on this one.

Now for the toss. Lara calls heads... and wins the toss. "We'll bat" says Lara. "The pitch looks to be good and if we can survive the first few overs, I would back us to make good runs. The way Hoggard and Flintoff performed in their warm up game was more down to the pitch than anything else - we'll see what they can do on this flat track"

There's fighting talk. Let battle commence...

(Next update sometime over the weekend - depending on how the beer festival and the test match go!! :D

"... and will meet Jethro "redneck or braincell" Mullet in the finals of the tractor pull. Now over to Kingston for an update on the first morning's play - our cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew"

"Thanks Mark. Definitely West Indies session and perhaps it needed to be after Brian Lara's comments on England's warm up game. It was all England at the start though - Gayle had an ungainly waft at Hoggard and lobbed a simple catch to Hussain in the gully. Harmison was the pick of the England bowlers with a very hostile spell of fast bowling - hitting batsmen almost at will and disrupting Smith who left a ball which cut back from outside leg stump to hit middle and leg.

"West Indies settled early to the other bowlers who were quite frankly, rubbish, and with a fast outfield, West Indies are 126/2 at lunch. Ganga and Sarwan both in the thirties and don't look like getting out. Vaughn needs an early breakthrough after lunch or will probably be looking at a sizeable first innings total.

"On a contentious note, Sarwan was given Not Out for an LBW that was as plumb as could be from the bowling of Giles when on 11. The only doubt in anybody's mind was tht the ball may have gone under the stumps. Billy Bowden it appears was too busy juggling his stones and wasn't paying attention. We're waiting for him to walk on his hands out to square leg. Maybe he'll come out after lunch on a unicycle with a squirty flower. Back to you Mark"

great bowling from harmison, how the hell did you nock his stump out the ground from pitching at leg stump!

Users who are viewing this thread