Story England's tour of the Caribbean

Well done mate your bowling seems to be **** hot! Any tips?
Have you got any one dayers coming up in the tour?

Originally posted by FishBowlMan
"We'll have a bat" says Vaughny. "Pitch looks OK and we should get some decent runs. Better go and find me box!"

Vaughn: "Yeah - I got that one wrong didn't I? Difficult batting conditions for both sides. Very low bounce on to the bat - even the new ball was hard to get away. Large amount of edges over the 3 days which helped the bowlers but started to get a bit tedious after a while. We'll see what the harder pitches bring later in the tour. Hoggy did well in both innings and Freddy's hattrick was well deserved. Must have been the hit on the nut he took - blew the cobwebs away!

"Our batting definitely needs some work. Many of us struggled against the slower bowlers, falling LBW, and we need to work on our patience. I thought Nasser played well and I would have liked to have got my 50, but - maybe next time"

Aggers: "Well, here's Clive Lloyd with the man of the match award."

Lloyd "Thankyou ladies and gentlemen. Some interesting cricket played on what was definitely a bowler's wicket. Credit to Vaughn who top-scored the match with 48 valuable runs, and also Black for a quickfire 40 in the first. There are only 2 real contenders though - a fantastic effort including a second innings hattrick, and match figures of 6 for 56. But my man of the match goes to Matthew Hoggard whose figures of 23/6/60/8 were the difference in this game"

Aggers: "Thanks Clive - now for the Brian Johnston Champagne moment, unanimously voted for was this: Here's the potential hattrick ball. Flintoff is in, full length ball and GOT HIM - HE'S GONE!! TAKEN IN THE SLIPS. Flintoff has a hattrick. Wow. Who caught that Vic?"

"I can't be certain, but is that Harmison. Yep it is. What's he doing there?"

Aggers: "Well, that rounds things up for the warm-up match. I hope you've enjoyed the game as much as I have. Will be back here in Jamaica soon for the first test"

Attachments

• result.jpg
    result.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 70
Originally posted by The_gas
Well done mate your bowling seems to be **** hot! Any tips?
Have you got any one dayers coming up in the tour?

Wow - surprised myself on that one. This was slowish pitch with very little bounce and the side I played was not very aggressive. I expect the tests to be harder (I hope so anyway) The game was fun, but I want more runs to be scored and the amount of edges WI A made was too high for my liking.

I bowled a mixture of good length, just outside off stump, with mainly straight balls (S key) and a few cutters (both off and leg) and several short balls - mainly from Harmison :D . I tried to vary my pace a lot, but no Slower Ball (W key) as the keeper always misses those for 4 byes.

On the harder pitches, I think I will have more problems as the ball bounces so much that byes / wides are easier to concede. One reason I gave up on my first sub-continent tour.

I have 5 tests and 2 more "local games" before a 1-day warm-up and a seven game 1-day series which I am NOT looking forward to. Will practice against poor teams first to work out what I am doing.

Cheers for your support during this one - I think I may have got a bit carried away, but I had completely played the 2nd innings this afternoon and was like - WOW!!! Exciting game so 100 words of "Started well - Freddy got hattrick and we won" didn't seem right. Hence the commentary angle. Probably wont do that too much again as it takes up too much time. Fun though...

JB.

yeah its always nice to read someone elses story makes me want to play the game again normally after reading it! Hecy its 5:30am here, playing this game is keeping me awake in the uk!

yeah its always nice to read someone elses story makes me want to play the game again normally after reading it! Hecy its 5:30am here, playing this game is keeping me awake in the uk!

Yeah me too - fortunately I have no work at the mo. Am contemplating starting the first test!!!!

Yeah me too - fortunately I have no work at the mo. Am contemplating starting the first test!!!!

Ironic im not working at the moment either. Must admit im thinking about starting my one day series.

Sams exe, Tutsi's AI v3- Tests hard, ODIs Medium (first post in the topic)

great story fishbowlman! Especially enjoyed hearing the shipping forecast! Was gonna criticise you for picking radio 4 now that talk sport has the cricket but including that forecast in there made it all worth while!
Will be interesting to see how you get on against West Indies. Good luck.

Originally posted by Darren
great story fishbowlman! Especially enjoyed hearing the shipping forecast! Was gonna criticise you for picking radio 4 now that talk sport has the cricket but including that forecast in there made it all worth while!
Will be interesting to see how you get on against West Indies. Good luck.

Cheers. Had to be radio 4 as I am a traditionalist - yes I even remember when TMS was on radio 3. Talk sport may yet get the 1-day series. Tony Greig would rip into the England form in that one.

i am now running tutsi's patch fishbowl man has given me new confidence with it

i am now running tutsi's patch fishbowl man has given me new confidence with it

Started playing a test match though. After 10 overs on hard mode with hard pitch, England are 81 for 1. Have currently hit 14 fours. There have been 5 lots of 4-byes over the keeper's head and the singles were basically me getting bored and trying (and failing) power shots.

This one may need some work.

Started playing a test match though. After 10 overs on hard mode with hard pitch, England are 81 for 1. Have currently hit 14 fours. There have been 5 lots of 4-byes over the keeper's head and the singles were basically me getting bored and trying (and failing) power shots.

This one may need some work.

thats the problem the outfield is so fast every shot is a four. But the patch makes bowling more fun

Users who are viewing this thread