English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why England must pick Ravi Bopara for the first Test against Sri Lanka | Barney Ronay | Sport | guardian.co.uk

quote said:
Indeed it took the Spin some time to get its small and rather fevered brain around the full ramifications, which are, quite simply: England now have to pick Bopara for the first Test against Sri Lanka in June. The decision on who replaces Collingwood in the Test team is, let's face it, something of a toss-up in any case. But not to pick Bopara now would be self-destructive and dispiriting, both for the fertility of the ECB-county cricket nexus, and for the primacy of Test cricket among young England players generally. Forget how many runs he scores in the next six weeks. Bopara has made a stand. He must be supported.

Ha crazy reasoning. Morgan & Hildreth (maybe even James Taylor) remain in front of him, especially if he doesn't score big. Plus him being stuck in division 2 doesn't help his cause much IMO.

chidley

School Cricketer
Are there any Gloucestershire fans on PC?

I'd like to know if there was anywhere to get highlights of the days action on the net? Is that something Gloucestershire usually do?

Go to the cc website nd I would expect to find a link to some youtube highlights normaly a couple days after the match, im only saying this cos Somerst do it, so im presuming Glos do it as well

Params7

International Cricketer
I'd follow CC but seems like they've hardly got any cameras there much less stream it on the internet. Would be great if I could catch some highlights anywhere.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Are Warwickshire just too good this season or is it Somerset who have been so pathetic in this game ?? 50 all out inside 15 overs is totally ridiculous especially after a fairytale last season . :facepalm

And again , Chris Woakes !!!! 3 wickets in the 2nd innings including the mighty ones of Tresco and Kieswetter .

War

Chairman of Selectors
Are Warwickshire just too good this season or is it Somerset who have been so pathetic in this game ?? 50 all out inside 15 overs is totally ridiculous especially after a fairytale last season . :facepalm

And again , Chris Woakes !!!! 3 wickets in the 2nd innings including the mighty ones of Tresco and Kieswetter .

Im a bit disturbed to see Rikki Clarke running through a side like that in the 1st division.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Is it going to be the same groupings as in Last season for the CB 40 ?? I quite don't like that if it is so .

cotterill101

School Cricketer
hopefully, Glamorgan can actually put a fight up in the t20, since ive got a ticket for every single match Glamorgan play at home, inc CB40 and LVCC

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
What an amazing start to the CB 40 yesterday , with all the 'Eye on England' players coming out well . Poor Woakes , gave his all in what would have been a miraculous runchase . Also impressive was Briggs who bowled beautifully at the death along with Simon Jones , his 2 over spell then was crucial in turning the game towards Hampshire . And the Somerset duo of Kieswetter & Buttler doing a fabulous job with respective scores of 100 & 94 , the latter taking only 56 balls to reach that ! One talented player who disappointed though was Chris Wood , his lengths were just awful .

Ayub 95

Club Cricketer
Anyone watching Leicestershire vs Scotland? James Taylor just scored a really good 50 albeit against Scotland :thumbs. Good game so far:)

War

Chairman of Selectors
What an amazing start to the CB 40 yesterday , with all the 'Eye on England' players coming out well . Poor Woakes , gave his all in what would have been a miraculous runchase . Also impressive was Briggs who bowled beautifully at the death along with Simon Jones , his 2 over spell then was crucial in turning the game towards Hampshire . And the Somerset duo of Kieswetter & Buttler doing a fabulous job with respective scores of 100 & 94 , the latter taking only 56 balls to reach that ! One talented player who disappointed though was Chris Wood , his lengths were just awful .

Simon Jones should forget abt playing FC cricket & just play OD/T20 for Hampshire. The way how he bowled in the Caribbean T20 in January & this game makes me think he has a great chance of still being a limited overs regular for England these days, especially with the decline of Anderson.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Anyone watching Leicestershire vs Scotland? James Taylor just scored a really good 50 albeit against Scotland . Good game so far

He is just incredibly consistent , isn't he ?? I mean it in all forms of the game . Incredible talent really ! :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread