English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He's 30, that's not exactly pretty young. It looks a decent signing on paper though and we could sure use some experience to back up Thomas, with Kirby being injured a lot. Just hope we keep faith with the young guys (when they're fit) because Gregory and Craig Overton have done very well in the Championship. Just gotta hope Groenewald can make the step up to the top of the domestic game.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Do you think so? I'd say there aren't that many bowlers who can keep going at those ages. Fair enough, Thomas does, but he didn't bowl that much earlier in his career, whereas we've seen with Kirby that players with a lot of County Cricket behind them can be bowled into the ground. I think it's a decent signing, but he needs to show that he can step up, because the younger guys certainly have done so far this year. A replacement for Thomas is more likely though from him, I imagine.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
It is not like Groenewald is going to be our spearhead. He will most likely be a back-up option and that is why I am happy with this signing.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
You don't sign players for the next 3 and a half years as a backup option though. That would make no sense when we have plenty of younger guys doing well and he's bound to be earning a lot more than they are. He's been brought in to be one of the main bowlers, no doubt about it. Like I said, I can just see Thomas stepping down from First Class cricket next year.

PolkyPls

School Cricketer
Good to see Lancs have declared on 650-6 and Ashwell Prince was 257 not out!

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That must be the first time this season that Lancashire have passed 300 runs in a innings.

Derbyshire struggling against us, Adam Riley continues to bowl well.

ferg512

International Coach
County cricket is so weird, just saw Tredwell is playing for Sussex, apparently he plays championship cricket for them but the limited overs stuff for Kent. Truly bizarre, especially after a season ago he was the Kent captain.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
just saw Tredwell is playing for Sussex, apparently he plays championship cricket for them but the limited overs stuff for Kent.

Correct. He's lost form with the red ball and at the moment we have a much better off spinner in Adam Riley.

Truly bizarre, especially after a season ago he was the Kent captain.

Yeah he should never have had the captaincy last season. He didn't even feature that much because he was playing for the national side.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
I wonder if we'll see Flintoff in the next IPL...

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First Lancs v Notts and now Essex v Hants. These games are showing how exciting the county championship can be.

Users who are viewing this thread