English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinho, Robinho :p

Not a bad introduction into English Football.

City would have been singing it 2 minutes into the game whether they had money or not. City fans don't like United fans in the same way that United fans don't like City fans. They'd have been singing it if they'd been declared bankrupt. I love how everyone's trying to find reasons to talk badly about City just because they've now got abit of money.

And no, I'm not trying to pick an argument, I just felt that I couldn't leave such a ridiculous comment un-replied.
:rolleyes: We wouldn't sing about City 2 minutes into a game when we're not playing them. They're playing Chelski in a game completely unrelated to us and even when they're so excited about their team, they're singing about ours so early on.

I don't need too many additional reasons to dislike City. Part-time supporters or what? How many stories were there on 2nd september showing people going and getting their season ticket which they'd given up because city were poor. 12k against Midgetland (with kids for a quid), 40k after a big money takeover. You do the maths.

There goes wigman.

At least Chelsea had qualified for the CL. City were nobodies. And the fans are claiming City are the biggest in the world. City have arrogance even though they've achieved nothing.

At least Chelsea had qualified for the CL. City were nobodies. And the fans are claiming City are the biggest in the world. City have arrogance even though they've achieved nothing.
Spot on.

And Dan, you can't make any side be the biggest club in the world. For that you need history, a loyal fanbase, and celebrity fans like curly watts. Well I suppose they're sorted for the final one.;)

How privileged must Robinho feel to be playing in the same side as the world class Ireland and Ball.

Chelsea have made a pretty good attempt. They were scrapping for 4th place a few years back, with very little history, very little prestige, now they're the 2nd biggest club in the Premier League. They've got a large following, popular around the world, big players, high profile, premier league titles, and are now seen as a big club. If Roman can form such a transformation with Chelsea, there's no reason that Abu Dhabi can't do the same with City.

Also, City do have history, I think you're forgetting the 2 league titles, 4 FA cups, 2 League Cups and a Cup Winners Cup :p

Chelsea have made a pretty good attempt. They were scrapping for 4th place a few years back, with very little history, very little prestige, now they're the 2nd biggest club in the Premier League.
:rolleyes: No they're the 2nd best side in the premier league. Biggest? No chance. Trophies on their own don't make you a big club.

I'd say it goes something a bit like this:

United
Liverpool
Arsenal

Then Chelsea are there with the likes of Villa etc in the terms of size of club. City just below them, somewhere around with West Ham as well. If we're saying biggest teams in England, then Leeds would be in with the likes of Chelsea and Nottingham Forest with City and West Ham.

City's lack of success is best shown by three stars on their badge, which are there for no reason whatsoever.

City are cleary going to win the league. Their defense is woeful yet all that means nothing because they've got Robinho who can score deflected free kicks but gets brushed off the ball like he isn't even there. Greatest team in existence tbh.

And I wouldn't worry about United, Liverpool were due a win. Rooney went missing today and that was one of the main reasons they lost. The thing is though, Liverpool will live off this result for the rest of the season and they'll finish 4th. United will let it pass, regroup themselves and win the title. I know which position i'd rather be in.

And I wouldn't worry about United, Liverpool were due a win. Rooney went missing today and that was one of the main reasons they lost. The thing is though, Liverpool will live off this result for the rest of the season and they'll finish 4th. United will let it pass, regroup themselves and win the title. I know which position i'd rather be in.
Yeah I know and you're spot on, doesn't really mean anything in September anyway, just annoying to be beaten by them. I suppose rather now than when we play them in March and they were gonna win one sooner or later. Exactly, I'd rather be in our position. Hopefully Fergie realises soon that Rooney has to play down the centre.

Skillful though Robinho is, has anyone noticed he's just slowing down City counter attacks with skills that aren't getting past anyone. Thus allowing Chelsea defenders to get back. Of course the whole fact they've got a Brazilian who can do a stepover will make city fans giddy.

Those massive ones? City are a force to be reckoned with

Yeah, apparently they were gonna wait for United at Piccadilly station today with blow up camels and balloons. Massive blue army indeed.

:D 3-1 and there's the last pop:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread