English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You had time to comment on the Shearer point though......

Can't see United getting anything from this from here. Was poor from Giggs. United haven't been great in defence today, especially VDS, who's been awful. Going to take something special to get United back in this game. Time for Berba to prove his worth.

What a win. Fully deserved. After going a goal down Liverpool took it up a few gears. Babel is such a threat when he comes on it's unbelievable. He does it time and time again. Massive victory for Liverpool!

United were all over Liverpool in the first 20 minutes, but after that it was all Liverpool. A deserved win for Liverpool. They're still not going to beat United or Chelski in the title race, United had a poor start in the league last year and still won, I wouldn't write them off yet.

That was crap from united. The thing is we let them play that well, look at how many times they gave the ball away, we were just so deep we gave it straight back to them.

I thought all this defensive bollocks was gone with Queiroz too but apparently not. Least Berbatov looked good, and Robbie Keane was still crap. Think it proved how over-rated Gerrard was too.

Reckon Chelseas unbeaten record could well be coming to an end next week anyway.

haha, a good old Man Utd fan still talking crap about an opponent after having their whole team do crap against them.

Keane was better than about 8 of Man U's players today, so that says something about United's performance.

haha, a good old liverpool fan who's a knob.

You can't compare how well people played in different positions for a start and Robbie Keane had chances and didn't take them. He's a striker. It's his job to take them. He didn't make any goals. He was crap.

United were completely and utterly outplayed. They were poor, today. Liverpool were good today but 2 United players were obviously accountable for Liverpool's 3 best chances. VDS fluffed the corner that led to Kuyt's chance, he was also at fault for the 1st goal and Giggs was to blame for Babel's goal.

What annoys me is that Liverpool fans will use this game to reason that the PL is coming 'home' even though they haven't won a league title in 17 years.

Time to find a stream of Arsenal Blackburn if there is one

Alright, chill Joe, there's no need to give me abuse for stating my opinion.

Keane played ok, nothing that great though, but he's still a good player. 20+ goals in the past two seasons shows that. Rooney is a quality player and he did nothing all game.

It is probably best for the Man Utd fans to steer clear for a couple of hours until they have calmed down.:p We have some fiery ones on here and they will try and make up all sorts of comforts to try and make it seem like United were unlucky and Liverpool didn't deserve it. Maybe after a while they will be able to post with a level head.

You had time to comment on the Shearer point though......
One sentence. As for the other point, which I'll come to now, I'm going to have to go into detail so some people will understand.

Shearer
Zola
Le Tissier

All one club men in England (well Shearer from 96). I'm sure the top clubs came in for those players, United did for SOP (shearer) for example. However, how many times have you seen clubs come in for Keane and offer above 10 million. I think United were interested once in his Coventry days but they wouldn't pay the asking price. My point is not that he hasn't moved, my point is that where has the interest from the top 4 been since he joined spurs in 2002.

Anyway, on to a discussion worth talking about. Shocking performance that was. Lost it after they scored and just looked clueless (reminds me of some recent posts in this thread). Rooney and Anderson on the wings?:mad: Bloody hell Ferie, think we might be missing queerarse. Even Ferie said that he'd misplayed Rooney, so why put him in a position that is alien to him!?:mad: Scholes and Anderson was city last year all over again. Didn't look like we were bothered one bit, ie the super cup game carried over into this game. No urgency at the end when we'd usually be creating chances and looking for an equaliser. Liverpool were decent but nothing special, we were just awful. We had no balance on either wing.

To put a cap on that, Vidic misses next week's game which we can't afford to lose.

Giggs gave the ball away and did his usual hands on hips when a decision went against him instead of going and chasing it.

Liverpool win the league in september again, just like last year.

Ferie out.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Still at least our fans outsang the scousers.

EDIT: Just seen your post Lee, no excuses they deserved to win. But you're right, I'm not exactly happy now.

Yeah, Keane - crap. Lets see how many goals he gets this season.

Last edited:
Please tell me ferie out is a joke.

You said we were going to lose, we always start slow and in the context of the season this result will probably have no bearing on where the title goes.

Also, he might be a prick but could there be a better time for Ronny to come back. This is probably the only way he could get the fans back on side.

Absolutely we could really do with him. As long as he performs on the pitch, then thats fine. And he's got too big an ego not to.

PhilD123 added 3 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Oh and I know Joe, I still think we'll win the league, just pissed off that that shower have beaten us.

Absolutely vintage Arsenal goal. We kept possession for at least a minute, passed it back and forth until Denilson crossed to Ade who headed it in

2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread