English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was that good, he would have signed for one of the big four before the age of 28. I just know that I wouldn't be happy if we'd even paid 15 million for him.

Where have I said about disliking spurs? I'm afraid you are mistaking me for somebody else.

PhilD123 added 22 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

As I said before though, it's a dead cert that he will score today. NQAT.

PhilD123 added 9 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Team (not even on SSN yet)

VDS
Brown
Vidic
Rio
Evra
Anderson
Scholes
Carrick
Berbatov
Tevez
Rooney

PIG
Giggs
Evans
Fletcher
O'Shea
Nani
Hargreaves

No Torres or Gerrard starting for the dippers:D.

Class starting 11 for us. In Ferie we trust.

Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Alonso, Mascherano, Riera, Benayoun, Keane, Kuyt. Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Hyypia, Ngog, Torres, Gerrard, Babel

Great finish by Tevez at the start, brilliant work from Anderson at the start, then a great pass from Berbatov to set up the chance.

LOLZ at Wes Brown and VDS. Woeful stuff at the back, VDS has been well dodgy so far. Get Ben Foster in.

Howard Webb has been piss poor so far. There's at least half a dozen fouls that he's allowed to play on.

Been a good game so far, both sides look like they could score. Will be an interesting second half...

Same goes for Berbatov? He's 27.
Berbatov played for Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League final in 2002. We were about to sign him in 2006 before he went to Spurs but we had to get rid of Ruud first and that was delayed.

Anyway, good first 25 minutes from United. Then it's been mostly Liverpool since then. Berbatov is adding so much more aerial threat up front. Quality finish by Carlito for the goal. Keystone cops defending for their goal. Carrick getting injured is a real blow, we looked a lot better when he was fully fit and getting to balls in midfield. Hargreaves on for him at half time imo.

They will either get a goal and hang on or get a late goal and win it.:(

Funny you say that Treva, I thought Webb has been a bit too whistle happy.

One more thing, anyone know why Liverpool's 12th man didn't start today. I know he was brought on straight after they scored but he's usually there all the time isn't he?:confused:

Last edited:
yh mostly manure doing the fouling...but yh manure started the better side but pool got better and better as the half went on...their new guy looks good

Yeh Reira's done pretty well I think. Looks an attacking player, similar style to Babel in some aspects.

Benayoun has been Liverpool's best player by far. He looks threatening down the right and is cutting inside every now and again also. Just need Keane and Kuyt to be a bit sharper and create a chance.

Scholes and Anderson in central midfield.:( Lets hope it works better than the city game last season.

A cracking game so far. I think it will be a draw, or Man Utd will sneak it.

Berbatov played for Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League final in 2002. We were about to sign him in 2006 before he went to Spurs but we had to get rid of Ruud first and that was delayed

So not signing for a big club means that a player's rubbish then? Matt Le Tissier, one of the best players in Premier League history didn't sign for a Top 4 side. Teddy Sheringham didn't sign for United until he was 31, but went on to play very well for them, and help them to a Treble Victory. Paolo Di Canio, who had a poor record in Italy, and although played for a few decent sides, barely played for them, didn't sign for West Ham until he was 31. Cantona only joined United at 26. Ian Wright didn't sign for Arsenal until he was 28. Sol Campbell didn't join Arsenal until he was 27.

It's a factuous point that proves nothing.

This is looking a far more even game now. I think Rafa should bring on Torres and Gerrard to give Liverpool that extra boost, they're wasted on the bench if they don't come on. Why have them in the squad if they're not match fit? Can still see United winning this, Vidic from a corner I reckon.

Last edited:
So not signing for a big club means that a player's rubbish then? Matt Le Tissier, one of the best players in Premier League history didn't sign for a Top 4 side. Shearer never won a league title. Teddy Sheringham didn't sign for United until he was 31, but went on to play very well for them, and help them to a Treble Victory. Paolo Di Canio, who had a poor record in Italy, and although played for a few decent sides, barely played for them, didn't sign for West Ham until he was 31. Cantona only joined United at 26. Ian Wright didn't sign for Arsenal until he was 28. Sol Campbell didn't join Arsenal until he was 27.

It's a factuous point that proves nothing.

This is looking a far more even game now. I think Rafa should bring on Torres and Gerrard to give Liverpool that extra boost, they're wasted on the bench if they don't come on. Why have them in the squad if they're not match fit? Can still see United winning this, Vidic from a corner I reckon.

You forgot to mention Gianfranco Zola. Voted by the fans as the best player in Chelsea's history and he signed for Chelsea when he was 30 years old.

The fact that Lee likes Spurs proves how desperate they really are.

Oh bugger, forgot Blackburn :p

Nice how you ignored the rest of the post though, obviously realising that you're completely wrong. I may have made a mistake with Shearer, but the rest of the post went quite a way to proving you wrong, then if you add Jaz's comment about Zola you've got an argument that completley stands up against your factuous claims.

Riera played well today, maybe not the best left winger in the world but he outplayed Brown on the wing. I think he'll be a good signing for Liverpool. Keane's been pretty poor, he's not exactly had service though.

I'm kind of watching my team play in the biggest game of the season so far at the moment, I'll comment afterwards.

What on Earth was Giggs doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread