English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool will be relegated this season, looking at their performance in the Merseyside Derby.

You'd be pretty stupid to think that. Liverpool are playing badly, but I'm 200% sure that they will not be relegated.

Anyways... same old story... No width, poor first touch from Torres, Meireles not physical enough, too much space given to Everton players and not enough covering, over reliance on Gerrard... Most importantly- Lucas. I don't know how this guy keeps getting into the First XI. He is so bad it is not even funny. He is completely useless. He doesn't have speed, guile, strength, creativity, vision and most importantly, the talent that Rafa saw and Hodgson sees now. He's not even good at keeping the ball. He plays loose balls almost always, struggles in possession and isn't good enough defensively.

Thank god he's off.

This is just painful to watch... Week after week... I woke up at 5:30am to watch this match having had just 3 hours of sleep. This happens virtually every weekend :facepalm.

Last edited:
Liverpool will be relegated this season, looking at their performance in the Merseyside Derby.

No - no way. It's just not going to happen, but a relegation battle, at least for a few weeks will be amusing. :D

On a different note - what the hell is happening to Manchester Utd? I agree with the Sky pundits - it's not just the Rooney business - something's not right off the pitch and they reckon Sir Alex is frustrated at not being able to spend - despite his public opinion on the matter. We need to be rid of these Americans ASAP - they're the worst thing to ever happen to the club.

It could.

I'd be very wary of saying they definitely won't go down.

While I wouldn't want them to go out of business or anything like that, if they had to spend a season in the Championship, that would be highly amusing. :laugh

There's no such thing as being "too good to go down",besides the bottom sides are still only 5 points off a european place and we're not even a quarter of they way through the season...

I didn't think that any Liverpool player was particularly bad today, but as a team they were just clearly lacking in creativity. Cole looked very timid and Lucas, Meireles and Maxi all did tidy jobs. Gerrard and Torres didn't get any quality service. Hodgson, I thought, played everyone in their right positions - just Liverpool need some more quality players.

Maxi does a disciplined job, as does Lucas, but they aren't creatively great (although I stand by my opinion that Lucas could be). Cole needs to step up and show a bit of confidence. Gerrard played well but he didn't have much to work with.

EVERTON!
Ahhh they dont win that many derbies, but the feeling is sweet when they do.
I think liverpool played a decent game actually. They still have their moments where they lose concentration and this results in them leaking goals.

you couldn't fault Liverpool for effort,but they just lacked the quality that players like Gerrard,Torres,Cole,Kuyt,etc... should provide

There's no such thing as being "too good to go down",besides the bottom sides are still only 5 points off a european place and we're not even a quarter of they way through the season...

That's true, but Liverpool fans should be concerned - Robbie Fowler reckons the Leeds team he went down with were better than this current Liverpool team. He wouldn't spout any old rubbish - he loves the club. And as we all know, throwing money at the team doesn't always help immediately - as the new players have to gel.

Its a given that Liverpool fans will be concerned,as are fans of Wolves,West Ham and the other clubs in or around the bottom 3,and on Fowlers comments,also look at the west ham side of 2002/03 that went down with Carrick,Cole,Johnson,Defoe,Kanoute,DiCanio,Sinclair,James,quality players who for some reason or another didn't perform,personally i think that todays liverpool side is not too different from that West ham side,and definately on a level with the Leeds side that got relegated.

It's rubbish, it's the media making mountains out of molehills. He won't go, it will all turn around and everyone will go back to praising him again. Call me naive, but the media in the UK has a MASSIVE influence on how the general public think. Blatter is even concerned about the English media with regards to the recent FIFA voting scandal and how far they are likely to blow things out of the water.

You almost wonder if it's actually the media doing most of the damage rather than the actual two people.

I fully expect to see Rooney sold in January. He clearly wants to go - he hasn't been right ever since the World Cup - and it appears that if we sell him in the Summer, he can go for ?5m. That's 5 (Five) million! The writing is on the wall, just as it was with Kanchelskis, Keane, Beckham, Ronaldo and many others before him.

Did you see the press conference (SSN)? I've never seen Fergie looking more crestfallen.

I reckon Rooney can see the direction the club's taking under these damned Glazers and is going to jump ship before it sinks. My prediction is that unless we're taken over pretty damn soon, we'll slide down the same slippery slope that Liverpool are currently on - it remains to be seen how they fare under the new owners of course.

The worst bit? There's a good chance he'll end up at Man City - especially given his wage demands of ?200,000 a week (just look at that figure - let it sink in - it's ridiculous how footballers' wages have spiralled out of control!) Dark times ahead for Utd, that's for sure. Nice one, 'Agent Glazer' - mission accomplished :sarcasm, now sod off and go back to supporting Liverpool/Man City/Chelski or whoever, because you're sure as hell no Utd supporter. :mad:

You know the really 'funny' thing? Back in the early 90s, Rupert Murdoch (the owner of Sky, no less) wanted to buy the club and we turned him away... looks like a huge mistake now, eh? :facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread