English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok once Fergie has left and with huge debt do you see United still can spend like 20-25 millions on a player each season? And the next manager who comes in, if Mourinho, then he is going to struggle without the money.

Other than a billionaire sheikh, who can realistically take over Utd, get rid of the debts, and leave plenty of money to bring in quality players every season? Nobody. Whoever would take over would have to take out more loans and it'd all increase blahdy blah blah...

Woahhhh let Kaka go?! We're talking about one of the best players of this generation here. Is there a more graceful footballer in world football? When he dribbles, he literally glides - an amazing player to watch.

A Kaka + Rooney partnership with Ronaldo and x player cutting inside exploiting gaps, Khedira's driving runs and Alonso's pinpoint passing. Wow! Now that would be amazing. Rooney would combine the abilities of Higuain and Benzema into one, which is exactly what Mourinho was looking for in the summer.

But Mourinho said that Rooney belongs to United, and is a United player for life. I think he's hinting that he wants Rooney to stay for when he takes the reigns at Old Trafford ;).

Well TBF to Kaka. Since he signed for Real last season, injuries have crippled that style of play for both club & country for the past year.

When he comes back, he would be battling hardd for starting place ahead of Ozil who is in the man in form. I dont think a player like Kaka would want to be a sub players. Which i why gut feelings tells me, if Wazza goes to Madrid, Kaka may be the one to go.

War added 5 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

The reason is he wants ?200,000 a week +. He's a disgrace. United fans have stood by him even after the shite world cup and his love of hookers, despite being married and having a kid. This is why football is now crap.

I'n the form he's in now he won't get a game at another club. His touch isn't there. His passing isn't. At least when Berba's been out of form he's just missed chances. Rooney gives it away constantly. He's welcome to go to City and sit on the bench.

I NOW CAN'T STAND ANY ENGLAND PLAYER. None of them give a ████ about playing for this country. All they want to do is screw hookers or other peoples wives. Will not watch England play football again until this generation ( Lampard, Terry etc) have retired and Rooney can't walk because of beer, fags and him ignoring advice about his injuries.

Fergie planned the team around him. He's won a Champions league, the Premiersip etc and were not ambitious enough?

Football, the thing I loved in the 90's - early 2000's has now officially died.

God I'm going to miss Neville, Giggs and Scholes when they go....

His personal life problems is not a big issue for me. Since we as fas if we where a football star like him, may have also given into such temptation.

Thus i only care what he does on the pitch. His motives for United may be a bit messed up yea, but he is still @ the peak of his career & i'd expect him to go to club like Madrid (since going to City would be horribly disrespectful to United & SAF) & continue to score big goals for them & England.

As good a player he is, I do not want Wayne Rooney at Real Madrid. Certainly not for the prices being mentioned in the rumours.

Ronaldo, Higuain, Ozil, Di Maria are all combining so well at the moment. Kaka to return soon and Canales, Benzema and Pedro Leon as alternatives, I see absolutely no need for Rooney in there.

I think in the end, City will be the only club "really" interested in Rooney. If he declines to join them, then he will have no option but to remain at United.

As good a player he is, I do not want Wayne Rooney at Real Madrid. Certainly not for the prices being mentioned in the rumours.

Ronaldo, Higuain, Ozil, Di Maria are all combining so well at the moment. Kaka to return soon and Canales, Benzema and Pedro Leon as alternatives, I see absolutely no need for Rooney in there.

I think in the end, City will be the only club "really" interested in Rooney. If he declines to join them, then he will have no option but to remain at United.

Surely Rooney would be better buy than Benzema. If a hypotetical scenario occurs where Higuain gets injured & has to miss a large chunk of the season, Benzema wouldn't be an adequate replacement ATM.

My point is both Rooney and Benzema are too good to be only allowed to play when Higuain is injured or is being rested. Benzema isn't causing any problems now, but I am sure if the situation stays like it is, he will be looking to move a team where he is one starting.

This is where I thought we wrong to sell Negredo and get in Benzema. Negredo would not mind playing second fiddle and is still capable of doing a decent job when and if a main striker gets injured.

Woahhhh let Kaka go?! We're talking about one of the best players of this generation here. Is there a more graceful footballer in world football? When he dribbles, he literally glides - an amazing player to watch.

A Kaka + Rooney partnership with Ronaldo and x player cutting inside exploiting gaps, Khedira's driving runs and Alonso's pinpoint passing. Wow! Now that would be amazing. Rooney would combine the abilities of Higuain and Benzema into one, which is exactly what Mourinho was looking for in the summer.

But Mourinho said that Rooney belongs to United, and is a United player for life. I think he's hinting that he wants Rooney to stay for when he takes the reigns at Old Trafford ;).

Yeh it's ridiculous. Not ambitious enough is just total BS. He's an absolute ████ whose sacrificed his reputation and status at Utd for a bit more cash.

No one could realistically buy Utd and do a better job than the Glazers.

No one could do worse either. We've been successful the past few years despite those damn Glazers, not because of them.

GLAZERS OUT! :mad:

Regarding Rooney saying that he doesn't think the club will be a force any more (that's basically what he's saying) - well, Wayne if you sort yourself out, whatever the problem is and get back to how we know you can play, then by the act of staying, you'll help a lot towards that objective. It explains a lot though - Rooney's problem is he wants out, that's why he hasn't been playing well.

So, The Red Knights have piped up again, have they? Can they realistically take Utd over, sort out this debt problem and get us a defender and defensive midfielder (that's what we need - goals aren't a problem)? How rich are they really?

MasterBlaster76 added 5 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

War added 5 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Since we as fas if we where a football star like him, may have also given into such temptation.

Speak for yourself - being such a big star is no excuse whatsoever to play around behind his wife's back. Like that prat Ashleigh (yes, I know I spelled his name wrong) Cole - he's got the luck to have a babe like Cheryl Tweedy and it's still not enough for him.

Tickets just arrived for Wednesday's match against Arsenal. Driving down with my mate who is an Arsenal fan and managed to get a ticket with the away supporters for ?10. Should be a good night and a great match. Can't wait :banana2 Love St James Park!!!! :)

Actually, The glazers have allowed us a fair bit of money.

I'd rather an Englishman or US businessman had our club than an oil rich arab. At least the business means something to people when there is a budget. Man City are a hobby for the owner. It's what you do when you get bored with camels. You buy a football club.

@ Whoever brought up the European rule - Wonder if Rooney realises this?

Though lets face it. FIFA will either back down on the rule or a club will threaten to go to the court f human rights or some BS like that.

BBC said:
Wayne Rooney has made a shock u-turn and agreed a new five-year contract at Manchester United just days after announcing his intention to leave.

The 24-year-old had said concerns over the club's squad strength were behind his decision not to sign a new deal.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I said that the door is always open and I'm delighted Wayne's agreed to stay.

Rooney added: "I've talked to the manager and the owners and they've convinced me this is where I belong."

More to follow.

BBC Sport - Football - Wayne Rooney agrees five-year Manchester United deal

Turns out I was right then, even after I admitted I was wrong :p.

Same here Rooney doesnt follow the footsteps of Ronaldo and Tevez. I think this will really turn his season completely.

Pretty funny that Rooney is staying after all the drama that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread