English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We? Your a Chelsea fan.....

Rooney was linked to Real Madrid. That's why he said what he said.

Hoping for a draw in this week's big game between Manchester City and Arsenal. Although one may get the feeling that Arsenal will have a lot of the ball but couldn't score and City win it, just like when we played Man City and Arsenal against us at the Bridge.

J-Psychic added 3 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Pretty funny that Rooney is staying after all the drama that happened.

Yeah. What a complete U-Turn after all the other clubs and media are lining up to buy him and thinking who can replace Rooney at Man United. Lets see what happens now that he has signed a new contract although he will be out for three weeks after a tackle by Paul Scholes at the training ground.

Rooney was linked to Real Madrid. That's why he said what he said.

Hoping for a draw in this week's big game between Manchester City and Arsenal. Although one may get the feeling that Arsenal will have a lot of the ball but couldn't score and City win it, just like when we played Man City and Arsenal against us at the Bridge.

J-Psychic added 3 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Yeah. What a complete U-Turn after all the other clubs and media are lining up to buy him and thinking who can replace Rooney at Man United. Lets see what happens now that he has signed a new contract although he will be out for three weeks after a tackle by Paul Scholes at the training ground.

Scholesy, you doughnut! You're supposed to knacker the opposition players, not ours. :p

Anyway, great to hear Rooney's staying. I reckon him and his agent have been 'playing the game' all along and I also reckon that now you'll see the real Wayne Rooney, now that he's got this off his chest (once he's fit again).

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Same here Rooney doesnt follow the footsteps of Ronaldo and Tevez. I think this will really turn his season completely.

Yep, I agree 100%. It's clear now that he's had this on his mind for ages - I reckon it's had more of an effect than the private stuff printed in the papers.

Actually, The glazers have allowed us a fair bit of money.

I'd rather an Englishman or US businessman had our club than an oil rich arab. At least the business means something to people when there is a budget. Man City are a hobby for the owner. It's what you do when you get bored with camels. You buy a football club. :rtfl :rtfl :rtfl :rtfl

@ Whoever brought up the European rule - Wonder if Rooney realises this?

Though lets face it. FIFA will either back down on the rule or a club will threaten to go to the court f human rights or some BS like that.

Yes, the Glazers have allowed us money, but it's just getting us further into debt - a debt that they caused us!

Edit: That emboldened bit is going on my sig, if there's room! Classic!

Lol doing it is not right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm relieved that the situation is over. We can finally get back to the actual football.

Haha. Ah well i guess it was fun imagining how Wazza could look in a Madrid shirt.

A fine 2-0 win over a resilient Wolves today. Didn't play too well since we had the midweek game in Russia but it was professional performance and it was an important victory with Manchester City close behind. Also, Bosingwa today was great. Was a constant threat when going forward.

J-Psychic added 0 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Anyway, hoping for a draw between Man City and Arsenal.

Rooney is a money grabbing over rated t@ss@r. I know he has signed his new deal now but how the hell could he question the ability of the current squad basically saying they were not as good as him.
I mean wtf, for the past 8-9 months he aint been good enough to get in the mansfield town team, and now after playing like a one legged donkey he gets a 5 year double money contract,
Good luck utd you would have been better off getting rid of that no good slag.
Its like by coming out with all this im not happy at utd cack it takes the heat off all his domestic problems and the focus off the fact he has played rubbish for so long, im not buying into that excuse that the contract stuff has been a burden on him.
Yeah it must be a choker earning a 100k a week and now getting it doubled .its the only job where you get rewarded for doing it so badly.
Rooney you may think you have fooled your loyal head in the sand followers but real footy fans know the truth.
: you have reached your peak
: your not the first name on the teamsheet at club or country anymore
: Face facts you would not have improved chelsea, man city or arsenal.

Enjoy your fortune you disloyal, disrespectful scumbag, you can earn loads more money but you can never get your reputation back.

Gary Neville really not playing very well, should probably have been off. Maybe sub Brown on at half time? Neville doesn't look like he can cope.

Stoke are clearly targetting Nani and almost look as if they want to injure him, which in all honesty is a very very cheap tactic.

Nice to see Nev go off, although he has been a great servant to the club, he was really letting the side down today.

Fletch is not having a good game either, as someone said earlier, he does look tired and not all there today.

It's a horrible game at the moment, tempers going everywhere and incredibly scrappy. Lost all respect for Stoke today.

Hernandez is really playing well today.

P Squared added 8 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Oh no not again. Stoke equalise.:facepalm

P Squared added 4 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

But Hernandez gets another.:banana2

If Arsenal can stay ahead at City, it's going to be a good result for us, we haven't done well recently in the league, and i don't think i'm the only Arsenal fan who said that this would be a hard match.

Definitely going to be more red cards though, already had one (Boyata) but loads of players are on yellow cards and it's only been going for just over the half hour.

harrisb added 4 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Argh, good save from Hart, should've made it 2-0 with that penalty, but this match could go either way.

Too happy to post anything constructive.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, Arsenal caught trying too hard to play beautiful football again. Too scared to get a shot away. That's twice in the first 10 minutes of the second half.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread