English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our away record is aweful this season. Played 3 draw 3 in the Premier League. With this form I would be happy with a point against Valencia who have been great this season.

This is beginning to get very annoying! There's something toothless and disorganized about the team this season and the World Cup seems to have effected Rooney because he sure as hell isn't the same player. Sir Alex, you need to buy this January - I didn't buy that guff that our squad was OK before the season and I sure as hell don't now. Sir Alex also needs to stop publicly supporting the Glazers. Yes, I understand he can't slag them off, but he doesn't need to be so visibly supportive, as our inability to spend will leave us a long way behind Chelski and..... eugh...Man City!

Valencia are going to thrash us.

The only problem we've faced this season has been disorganisation in defence, and this was without the heart of our defence (Rio) and having to play O'Shea at right back who's a liability. I firmly believe that we do not need to spend at all because this squad is more than capable of every competition entered this season.

Hopefully news that Hargreaves if back is for good now. United & ENG need him so badly.

If the Liverpool of 2008-09 was good , then the Liverpool of 2009-10 was bad without being able to replace Alonso and the Liverpool of 2010-11 is the worst without being able to replace Mascherano. konchesky and Poulsen have been absolute shits to the game and reds have registerd only one away victory in the BPL this year and that was way back against Burnley (4-0) . To compound to our misery , Steve Bruce just continues to have the habit of salvaging points during his trips to Anfield . Absolutely doomed for this year :crying

You all have underestimated Javier and Christian Poulsen was greatly believed to be strong but is now waste. Anyway, no use in crying over spilt milk. Also Chelsea seems to be really in a bad drain after two losses.

I haven't read it but fully agree with the idea of the two sharing a stadium. In financially turbulent times like these its going to make sense to share the burden than them both buying stadiums.

In all likelihood they'd get better facilities if they shared as well.

Themer added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

I think you mean overestimated.

He could mean either. The sentence makes little sense whichever he uses.

Last edited:
One of the main non-economic advantages I see that is the creation of one of the largest rivalry's in the country. The Milan rivalry in Italy is an incredibly special one due to the nature of the ground share. Whilst we have the London, Manchester and Scouse Derby's I think a ground share would add an extra dimension to a rivalry.

Great result for Everton today. The upcoming Merseyside derby should be a feisty especially when both clubs might be in the bottom half by the end of this weekend. And United came unstuck again. Hope we can take advantage by winning against Arsenal OR get at least a point from the game. Also, should Manchester City win their match against Newcastle, they will be above Manchester United!

3 points and another win over the Gunners. I must admit that if Chamakh and/or Koscielny have scored in early part of the game, we might have lost it instead. Otherwise, I thought we were good value for the three points and both of the goals were great. Drogba's goal was similar to the one Joe Cole scored at Old Trafford last season while Alex's goal was identical to the one he scored against Liverpool in the Champions League two seasons ago. Could have scored more but nonetheless, it's 3 points and 4 points clear of the chasing pack heading into the International break.

It's certainly shocking to see Liverpool lost at Anfield to Blackpool. Feeling sorry for Roy Hodgson though.

I'd just like to say that anyone who thinks Nigel de Jong's tackle earlier today is anything other than a brilliant tackle aren't true football fans. Fact.

Those late night one-on-one sessions with Paul Robinson have paid off for Nigel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread