English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LFC team: Reina, Kelly, Soto, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Meireles, Aurelio, Gerrard, Kuyt.

Didn't expect that haha.

Looks like Johnson is playing at right side of midfield with Agger at Left Back. Kuyt upfront alone? Interesting...

I'm guessing it's a 3-5-1-1. Soto-Skrtel-Agger centre backs, Kelly rwb, Johnson lwb. Lucas, Meireles and Aurelio in centre, and Gerrard just off Kuyt.

Yeah but you lost Torres and you gained Suarez and Carroll who is out for 5 weeks anyway. I'd personally keep Torres over those two.

Torres wanted to go. Kenny obviously wanted two strikers, hence the Suarez signing. So when Torres deal finally went through we had to replace him. Any other time and we wouldn't of payed anywhere near this ?35m. I don't mind losing a player who doesn't want to be here for two good young players and not losing any ???.

1) Torres just left so we needed an immediate replacement
2) Suarez, who was brought in to partner- not replace- Torres, has no experience of English football so we needed to bring in a top and available striker who has had that experience.
3) It's an inflated market as it is- for all players.
4) It was the last day of the transfer window which means that prices will be exponentially higher than they otherwise would be as it is very hard for the selling club to make adequate replacement/s with such little time left.
5) Liverpool lost hardly any, if any, money on the two transfers because of the money received from the Torres and Babel deals.

Last edited:
Exactly. Even though people will laugh - because it's fun to laugh at anything that happens to Liverpool - I'm sure, at least a little, they can see it's not a ridiculous transfer.

Sweet Carroll nine.
Oh Oh Oh

I still think 35 million is a crazy lot of money :p
Newcastle really got a an amazing deal I should say.

I heard the Torres song being sung today. What are actual new and altered lyrics? I've heard a few going around.

I heard the Torres song being sung today. What are actual new and altered lyrics? I've heard a few going around.

Actual LFC song :

His armband proved he was a red, torres, torres
Youll never walk alone it said, torres, torres
We got the boy from sunny spain, give him the ball hell score again
Fernando Torres, Liverpool No. 9

Na, na, na, na....Torres

Actual LFC song :

His armband proved he was a red, torres, torres
Youll never walk alone it said, torres, torres
We got the boy from sunny spain, give him the ball hell score again
Fernando Torres, Liverpool No. 9

Na, na, na, na....Torres

No the actual song is

"we bought the lad from sunny Spain
he gets the ball he scores again"

but that wasn't even my question...

Not a ridiculous idea, given how good he is on the ball.

Milan are doing something similar with Thiago Silva. Ironically, the sort of player I'm reminded of in both cases is Desailly, who played for Milan and then Chelsea.

Using Luiz as an anchor man doesn't really make sense if you ask me. Mikel is one of the best players in the world in his role (I'd say best after Busquets). If, however, Luiz is going to play as a deep-lying playmaker then that's a different thing entirely. At Milan Ancelotti utilised Pirlo as a deep-lying playmaker in a ridiculously creative and offensively potent midfield. I don't know if Luiz has the vision to play as a playmaker but he has got the technique though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread