English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im surprised Tottenham haven't bought Scott Parker TBH.

Torres to Chelsea, and Caroll to Liverpool. Caroll was paid too much and Liverpool finally made some good buisness by selling Torres at 50MPounds.

New song I guess: ANDY CAROLL LIVERPOOL'S NUMBER NINE!

Can't imagine what will happen when Torres comes to Anfield next season.

So pumped for this Sunday. Something is going to happen for sure.

Last edited:
We received ?55m and we spent around the same this Januaray window. Yes Caroll was over-priced, but we have brought two good young strikers and our net spend is even, meaning we haven't lost any money we can spend in the summer.

----------

New song I guess: ANDY CAROLL LIVERPOOL'S NUMBER NINE!

Or: We bought the rat from sunny Spain, he'll never walk with us again. Fernando Torres, ungrateful lying twat.

We received ?55m and we spent around the same this Januaray window. Yes Caroll was over-priced, but we have brought two good young strikers and our net spend is even, meaning we haven't lost any money we can spend in the summer.

Yep, that's true, we got money for Babel as well so no money lost on Carroll and Suarez. In NESV we trust. They've got the right idea. Carroll may not be worth that much but I think it was important to get a striker who has experience of English football as Suarez will take time to settle in. It also adds a new dimension to our attack with two such contrasting strikers. I would have preferred Suarez and Torres, but who wouldn't?... Ahh, I'm still so sad and angry. I can't understand why he would want to leave. I thought he was happy at Liverpool.. Ahhh :(. Let bygones be bygones, I suppose.

Yep, that's true, we got money for Babel as well so no money lost on Carroll and Suarez. In NESV we trust. They've got the right idea. Carroll may not be worth that much but I think it was important to get a striker who has experience of English football as Suarez will take time to settle in. It also adds a new dimension to our attack with two such contrasting strikers. I would have preferred Suarez and Torres, but who wouldn't?... Ahh, I'm still so sad and angry. I can't understand why he would want to leave. I thought he was happy at Liverpool.. Ahhh :(. Let bygones be bygones, I suppose.

Yeah, Carroll and Suarez will work well tactically. They're both risky. Young, talented, unexperienced striker and a striker from the Eredivisie. Neither guaranteed to succeed. But both with huge possibilities of succeeding.

Also,

"More than ever, we need to stick together...My head is in Liverpool and on helping to save our season." - Fernando Torres, January 9. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-remains-fully-committed-to-liverpool?cc=3436

Yeah, Carroll and Suarez will work well tactically. They're both risky. Young, talented, unexperienced striker and a striker from the Eredivisie. Neither guaranteed to succeed. But both with huge possibilities of succeeding.

Also,

"More than ever, we need to stick together...My head is in Liverpool and on helping to save our season." - Fernando Torres, January 9. Fernando Torres remains fully committed to Liverpool - ESPN Soccernet

Head may have been in Liverpool but his mind was evidently elsewhere. He was starting to get back into form with Dalglish though and was showing passion he didn't show earlier in the season which made it all the more surprising.

He was starting to get back into form with Dalglish though and was showing passion he didn't show earlier in the season which made it all the more surprising.

Just the form he was looking for to convince the Blues in tying up a deal for him :facepalm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go , the hate has begun already ;)

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/854283-chelseas-fernando-torres-receives-death-threats-from-liverpool-fans

The fans will face jail or even death after his killing.

----------

And BTW, Chelsea have signed David Luiz finally.:lol

?50 million, 5 1/2 contract and reportedly, earning ?175 000 per week. Hmmm. John Terry and co. might have something to say about the last part there. :lol Anyway, I'm still skeptical about this deal for obvious reasons and how he is going to fit in into our front three and the way we play. It's going to be interesting to see what unfolds over the next few games.

As for David Luiz, well, thank goodness we got him. We would have gotten him earlier if it weren't for all the hardball act by Benfica and trying to get more money. Nonetheless, he will be a great signing for us given the similarity in the way he plays to Carvalho and certainly one for the future of our team.

By the way, check this out.

YouTube - ANDY CARROLL YOU cricketIN MONEY GRABBING JUDAS!!!!!

:lol
----------

Can't imagine what will happen when Torres comes to Anfield next season.

So pumped for this Sunday. Something is going to happen for sure.

Fortunately for him, the weekend's match is at Stamford Bridge. Imagine if it is at Anfield!

He will receive the same treatment as Luis Figo got when he played for Real after leaving Barca.:lol

If i were Kenny Dalglish , i would have asked our worst player in the XI (Maxi) to break Torres's ankle come sunday :D

:lol ?35 million for Carroll? Are Liverpool out of their fricking minds lol, I wouldn't value him at ?15 million. Yes he is good and it will hurt us having him gone, but we've coped these last 6 games without him and we will carry on coping, just that we now have ?35 million extra for the summer to really get some quality up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread