English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I thought Mata missed it not Torres. Interesting article in the paper today wondering why if a world cup winner, a champions league winner and a Europa league winner weren't good enough why two coaches sacked by West Brom last season are. By all accounts Di Matteo was even more unpopular amongst the squad than AVB.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, it's a joke. The short termism that currently pervades football is ridiculous. Although, I think only Chelsea could sign a manager as somone to build for the future, and then judge him on the present.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Ha ha! Even giving Torres a penalty doesn't change anything. :D

It's Mata who took it & missed(again), not Torres. Mata offered the chance for him to take but he declined it.

On the AVB sacking, seems that some here have read way too much into what the English media have written...

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
UTV! Andreas Weimann scored in the last minute! What a comeback from him after being loaned out and being reduced to the fringes of the club!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So, Man City lose away from home - again. I wasn't surprised to be honest - since the Chelsea game, they've looked very shaky away from home and Swansea is a tough place to go. And we go top with a win against a battling WBA side. As I said before, come the City game, we could be in a position where a draw would do us fine. I did say that the Chelsea defeat would put the skids under them a bit and that's how it's turned out. I think the guys just said four goals from the last eight games away from home for City.

Catch us if you can, City. :D

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So, Mr Mancini reckons that it'll come down to the Derby game, eh?

I don't think so.

City's remaining fixtures:

BBC Sport - Football - Manchester City - Fixtures

Utd's remaining fixtures:

BBC Sport - Football - Manchester United - Fixtures

City have still got to go to Arsenal, Norwich, Stoke and Newcastle, and they've still got to play Chelsea - and Man Utd. Whereas Utd's toughest game looks to be the Derby game, and maybe Sunderland away on the last day. The other eight games look to be very winnable - but this is the Premiership, so you can never be sure. The fact is however that City have at least six extremely tough games left.

My predictions are that they'll drop points at Arsenal and Norwich at least. As far as Utd are concerned, if we remain in our current Premiership form, I can see us being at least four points clear come the Derby match - which I can see being a draw.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
So, Mr Mancini reckons that it'll come down to the Derby game, eh?

I don't think so.

City's remaining fixtures:

BBC Sport - Football - Manchester City - Fixtures

Utd's remaining fixtures:

BBC Sport - Football - Manchester United - Fixtures

City have still got to go to Arsenal, Norwich, Stoke and Newcastle, and they've still got to play Chelsea - and Man Utd. Whereas Utd's toughest game looks to be the Derby game, and maybe Sunderland away on the last day. The other eight games look to be very winnable - but this is the Premiership, so you can never be sure. The fact is however that City have at least six extremely tough games left.

My predictions are that they'll drop points at Arsenal and Norwich at least. As far as Utd are concerned, if we remain in our current Premiership form, I can see us being at least four points clear come the Derby match - which I can see being a draw.

I agree with this. United back in the driving seat for sure.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Looking forward to the derby - atmosphere should be electric as always, but with Everton as our opponents, it should only be better. Should we lose, Dalglish simply has to go...

----

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez open to PSG move - ESPN Soccernet

Luis Suarez said:
Yes, I could come to Paris, like lots of other clubs. There are lots of big clubs with such a reputation who want to build a strong team and Paris are one of these teams who buy to strengthen their side.

I would love to play at the same club as him (Lugano)

Rather subtle way of saying "Yes. I'm moving to Paris come summer". Can't blame him though, he is Champions League material and we clearly aren't ATM.

The thing that annoys most though is his photo from that link. Did ESPN opt for that pic deliberately?!

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not pissed with his managerial tactics, can't blame him if his players don't find the back of the net. I'm more pissed with his summer signings and his reluctance to sign any player in the winter transfer window, when we clearly needed one quality finisher at the very least.

Screw a couple of players on the RHS, but take a look at the whole picture and see how miserable he's been on the market. But for Suarez and Bellamy, his signings have been garbage.

Liverpoolgraphic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread