English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The only problem we really have is not being able to finish. We are creating chances, dominating games but it just isn't clicking. I agree that our purchases so far have not come to fruit but isn't this Camolli's job? Someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought that was his job!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I hate this idea that one of only 3 major trophies in England is a joke. It's basically a myth perpetuated by the contemporary top four to excuse themselves playing their younger players (which they still seem reluctant to do in premiership games with the exception of Arsenal).

"Oh, it's a joke, doesn't matter that we got beat by Mk Dons."

"What's that? We're in the final?"

queue

"It's the first piece of silverware"
"Always good to win a trophy"
"Anytime you go to Wembley is special"

etc...

... and of course loads of celebrations after the game. Granted the reward is low, but these days, the premiership is a 2-3 horse race each year, and the FA Cup is normally won by one of them.

lancashire666

International Coach
Wow. I knew he was under pressure, but to sack him already!

Who could get that team playing well? No one thats who.

There are some good players dont get me wrong, Essien when fit, Sturrage, Mata, Drogba, Cole and Cech.

But lots of past it players and having Torres playing is the end for any manager.

You cant change an entire squad in 1 summer, AVB needed to opportunity of 2 or 3 summers to make them the team he wanted. Rebuilding like Furgason has done time and time again at united.

Well done Chelsea :facepalm

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So, Chelsea sack another manager. When will they learn? Never, hopefully. :p I knew AVB wouldn't work out from the start. :D

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Pavel Pogrebnyak (I hope i've spelt that correctly) has scored in every single one of his games for The Cottagers... And now he has scored a hat-trick! To say the fans have taken to him would be an understatement...

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
AVB Sacked Why They Always Blame The Manager The Chelsea Player Are Not Playing Well Luiz Has More Goals Than Torres Drogba Has Scored Only 4 This Season

@ Swacker Which Team You Support
@ Lancashire Agree With You

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
It's ridiculous. As Barmy says, who would want that job? Well, the massive paycheck obviously. Is this an attempt to get Hiddink back in before he gets snapped up in the summer?

The stupid thing is, this was a team in decline when he arrived, a squad that had been left to crumble at the foundations. In the time that's gone, what has changed? A winger in his first full season in England, a potentially good midfielder, and another young striker. How were those three signings supposed to bridge a gap that was increased by the sides above?

So essentially, a young manager they spent 13m bringing in, and they got rid of him because the old and crap players with no potential and decreasing values haven't performed. That the experienced players like Lampard and Terry can't adjust to new ideas just highlights why they're never been in the same bracket as the truely world class. That they needed the special one, and a wad of cash to be involved in titles, is not surprising.

lancashire666

International Coach
Chelsea should put Terry or Lampard in charge, they clearly run the team already. Also don't think the fans singing Mourinho songs probably didn't help either.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's all about player power. From what I hear the players will be picking the side for the rest of the season and Di Matteo is only a figurehead.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Well done Roman. :rolleyes Why is it that the manager's always the scapegoat when you have loads of under performing players in your squad?! :facepalm

lancashire666

International Coach
It's all about player power. From what I hear the players will be picking the side for the rest of the season and Di Matteo is only a figurehead.

That would be beyond ridiculous even for Abramovic

Also this is probably the sort of thing you really dont want to be reading Colin

Would be terrible for Everton but great for Chelsea, as long as they gave him more than 8 months and let him actually be in charge.

lancashire666

International Coach
He does have more sense, but I can think of a few million reasons per year that might tempt him if offered.

Also, am I right in thinking because AVB got sacked they have to pay him a percentage of his remaining salary? He has 3 or 4 years left, if so, ?12 million to sign him plus his wages this year and then a pay off, thats going to be over ?20 million. Shocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread