English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I'll agree he hasn't exactly been worth his weight in gold but I have more time for him than I do the others. I would wait till next season till I pass proper judgment.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
But wouldn't freeing Gerrard force Henderson to stay back more and be more disciplined? and as we've both agreed, that need to be more disciplined curtails Henderson's creativity and adventurousness as he's frightened.

I would consider Henderson the link player between Gerrard and Lucas in midfield. He would play simple balls circulating possession whilst also being able to push forward when necessary with Lucas behind him shielding.

Gerrard should still be key player in the side and it's clear he's being held back in his current role. It clearly doesn't suit his style of play, he can't play that role as he always goes for the hollywood passes and doesn't have the patience to pick out the right passes. Doing that from deep in midfield can be extremely costly.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Incredibly nervous (for once) ahead of the derby. Could well be down to both sides' performances of late. Really not looking forward to the inevitable showdown between Jelavic and Brad Jones. :/

Tactically speaking, KD's gone with a 4-4-2 in both our wins against Everton this season. Will be interesting to see how he lines us up tomorrow. Oh and please no starting Flanagan again, please.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
nerves hitting in properly now for tomorrow. Crazy how much i can care about something like this when I generally just waltz through the rest off my entire life not giving a toss.

Might start drinking now.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
That shocking result against Wigan, allied to City's thrashing of WBA has given all the momentum back to them. They're looking sharp, their passing is good, Tevez and Aguero are linking well - looks like we're gonna have to do this the hard way. Before the Wigan result, it looked like we'd cruise the league, maybe even humiliate City - but now it could yet go down to the wire. We absolutely must win tomorrow.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Not at all defending our first half performance there, but Jelavic's goal was offside...

AqcRG8pCAAEJAq-.png

sattar

Club Captain
NOW we all say WELCOME TO MANCHESTER TEVEZ WHAT A HATRICK..COMON CITY DO IT

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Here they come the glory hunters....... But tevez got his point and may leave a mark before he leaves city.

Anyways... I was wondering what the fuss is about the thunderstorms here so I turned up the TV and saw Carroll celebrating..

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Wembley here we come again! Still don't rate Carroll though. Thought Luis was beastfully beastful today. 10 on 10 would be an understatement.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Wembley here we come again! Still don't rate Carroll though. Thought Luis was beastfully beastful today. 10 on 10 would be an understatement.

Liverpool vs Chelsea? Torres against the reds? Now this is getting into the mix. Since you fired your DoF things are changing, funny.

sattar

Club Captain
Here they come the glory hunters....... But tevez got his point and may leave a mark before he leaves city.

Anyways... I was wondering what the fuss is about the thunderstorms here so I turned up the TV and saw Carroll celebrating..

HE leaves or not time will say but surely its price tag is becoming higher with that kind of performance
and i think you should remember something of todays score 6-1

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Regarding him leaving our club and us winning today, obviously I was only joking around. As for the Spurs part of my post, I was and am dead serious. His track record at Tottenham wasn't impressive either. Chelsea fans in another forum are literally wishing he takes over the helms at White Hart Lane, again.

As for City's match, a nice reality check there for Mancini for NOT playing Tevez for a major part of the season. Pretty much the difference between winning and losing the title. Too little, too late now, I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread