English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
NOW we all say WELCOME TO MANCHESTER TEVEZ WHAT A HATRICK..COMON CITY DO IT

Just to put the situation into perspective before the Blue Moon rises too high again: if we win our next two games, before City play again, we'll be eight points clear again, albeit having played one game more. And remember that both those games are at home. City still have to visit St James' Park too, which is never an easy place to go.

How long ago was it that City fans were chucking their Tevez shirts in the skip? Now, it's bow and scrape the knee again.

Here they come the glory hunters....... But tevez got his point and may leave a mark before he leaves city.

You reckon Tevez will still leave?

HE leaves or not time will say but surely its price tag is becoming higher with that kind of performance
and i think you should remember something of todays score 6-1

Come the end of the season, that score will mean precisely nothing. Don't let the table fool you - the gap might be two points, but we have yet to play.

As for City's match, a nice reality check there for Mancini for NOT playing Tevez for a major part of the season. Pretty much the difference between winning and losing the title. Too little, too late now, I feel.

I agree there - had they had Tevez for longer, maybe it would've been different. Then again, remember that we've been without Vidic - a crucial part of our team - for most of the season as well. Add to that a keeper who was just settling in and making mistakes, if we win the league I think we've done bloody well. Funny though - the City fans were hailing Mancini, and not Tevez. 'He wants to play golf, he wants to play golf! Carlos Tevez - he wants to play golf' - true or not, that was a great chant by the Norwich fans.

Oh and since we've got a Blue Plastic fan here right now, what's going on with that idiotic celebration? The fans look so dumb when they celebrate like that.

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Not at all defending our first half performance there, but Jelavic's goal was offside...

AqcRG8pCAAEJAq-.png

Nah, that's nitpicking. If he was offside then Carroll's goal should have been overruled because Bellamy moved the ball a little bit as well.

Last edited:

sattar

Club Captain
BUT u all united fans will be irritate by that 6-1 score line hahaha come on 30. hope we repeat the same score line

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Looking past the result which I am obviously thrilled to bits about, how was it, ste? I hope you didn't spend too much on the ticket considering Everton lost.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
BUT u all united fans will be irritate by that 6-1 score line hahaha come on 30. hope we repeat the same score line

Sure - it will irritate like it did when Newcastle beat us 5-0. Remember who won the league that year though. If you're too young, I'll give you a clue - they're sitting two points clear at the top of the table as we speak.

No, I reckon you'll be far more irritated when we're all singing:

F all, you're gonna win F all, you're gonna win F all, you're gonna win F all.

:p

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Looking past the result which I am obviously thrilled to bits about, how was it, ste? I hope you didn't spend too much on the ticket considering Everton lost.

i paid face value for the ticket, and it was the cheapest ones. paid more for a ticket for the anfield derby last month.

Tbh i was a bit disappointed in the atmosphere. I expected more from our fans. we sang a lot for large parts of the game and it was a good atmosphere but it was nowhere near the atmosphere we brought to wembley the last two times.

Although I was really far back in the stand so maybe i just didn't hear the crowd that much, i wasn't far from where i was sat for the final against chelsea, and i thought we had a worse atmosphere then than we had for the semi against united, but for that semi I had a really good seat behind the goal and a lot closer to the pitch so maybe the atmosphere was actually really good and I just wasn't that well place to appreciate it. In fact I'm actually now pretty sure that's exactly what happened. So i'm actually okay with the atmosphere.

I'll copy and paste my most recent facebook status to show my thoughts on today

"proper boss day. I've been awake for about 40 hours and drinking for about 22 of those. ---- result obviously but that's sport isn't it? some win and some lose. that's the whole point of it. important thing is that i can drink with my dad and brother from 3am in the morning"

obviously i'm devastated. but being a blue i'm used to losing derbies. disappointed that at half time it seemed like all we had to do was play 7/10 in the second half and we'd win 1-0. but we completely bottled it. but we always do.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
@MB: You reckon Tevez will still leave?

Manchester City will try to retrieve him, perhaps, as opposed to Tevez who might change his heart for a better treating club next season. Put upon it City's spending power and you're likely to see Tevez leaving.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Penalty to Utd and Rooney lashes it home! 1-0. :D

It was definitely a penalty - Ashley Young again bamboozling defenders and he was definitely clipped, but for God's sake Ashley, this is football not the Olympics Diving! There's no need to throw yourself down like that. :facepalm

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Agree or not Penalties have saved half the season for United.

Welbeck is shining better than ever.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
That was not a penalty! Since Young moved to United, he's always looking for even that slight brush so he can fall over in the box. SCUMBAG :facepalm.
Chelsea drub Spurs 5-1, but the turning point was obviously THAT goal. The ref is in the best possible position to see that, he just guessed whether it was a goal or not. The MLS is using Goal Line Tech, why not us?

sattar

Club Captain
Surely after the end of season the headline should be manu win the title by the 12 men including refs and by the cheating antics of young..disgrace he should ban for 3 matches now he has doing it on regular basis

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Gary Neville wrote something interesting about it. Gist was that if European players are doing it and it can win you a penalty then you'd be stupid not to. There's no point national associations cracking down; it needs to be FIFA wide.
Use the citing system they use in rugby. Not just for diving but for going down clutching your face when someone touches your chest.

sattar

Club Captain
Yes there should be technology or system to system to stop all this.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Surely after the end of season the headline should be manu win the title by the 12 men including refs and by the cheating antics of young..disgrace he should ban for 3 matches now he has doing it on regular basis

Sooo... City haven't had any dodgy decisions? One that springs to mind was Balotelli's penalty vs Spurs which won the game at the Etihad - when Balotelli shouldn't even have been on the damn pitch due to attempting to stamp on a fellow professional. And are you seriously saying that none of City's players make a meal of it when touched in the box - and Young was touched. OK, it wasn't enough to knock him over, let alone that Olympian dive - but the fact remains that when a player gets breathed upon in the area these days, he goes down. It's not just Young, it's not just Utd players, it's everyone. I'm not saying it's a good thing - it's not - but everyone does it. So to call Young 'scum' or any other name is extremely harsh. Indeed, even if it was just Young, to call him 'scum' for that is going way over the top.

In any case, what about the handball by the Villa player yesterday? He had more than enough time to get his arm out of the way, yet he still let it hit his arm. That wasn't given - so in that sense, it evened itself out. Look back over the season, and we've had our fair share of crap decisions that went against us.

Face it. Your lot had the title in the bag and they blew it. City might have all this money now, but at its soul, its still a small club that is more used to yo-yo'ing between the Premiership and Championship, or at the best midtable mediocrity, than winning things. It goes without saying that City have got to win at the Etihad now - anything less than that and it's game over. Personally, I think it'll be a draw - but it would be sweet to put the final nail in the coffin on their own patch. :D

If we win the Everton game, I can't see us throwing it away. City have bottled it and boy, is it funny to watch! :D :p

----------

Gary Neville wrote something interesting about it. Gist was that if European players are doing it and it can win you a penalty then you'd be stupid not to. There's no point national associations cracking down; it needs to be FIFA wide.
Use the citing system they use in rugby. Not just for diving but for going down clutching your face when someone touches your chest.

Exactly. Everyone does it, not just Utd players and not just Young. I wish he'd pack it in though - since he's a Utd player, it follows that he'll get more stick than others. It's always been that way ever since Utd started becoming successful again.

As a matter of interest Sattar, how long have you been following City? I've been following Utd since just after the 1986 World Cup. Just wondering...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread