English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Funny Liverpool sent Cole to Lille as a deal for Eden hazard prior to this season, and now they may as well lose him to United and Cole will settle in france. Bittersweet.

Anyways about the United-City talk it's going to change anyway, Fair play regulations will make big spenders cap their spend. Will be interesting to watch where they'll be in a few years.

Anyone reckon Di Matteo's going to get Chelsea job full time? Abramovich's expressions at the end of the game kinda suggested he would.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
He'll get it if they win the CL but not if they don't. I mean Grant got fired for winning the double but only being runner-up in the CL...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Funny Liverpool sent Cole to Lille as a deal for Eden hazard prior to this season, and now they may as well lose him to United and Cole will settle in france. Bittersweet.

Anyways about the United-City talk it's going to change anyway, Fair play regulations will make big spenders cap their spend. Will be interesting to watch where they'll be in a few years.

Anyone reckon Di Matteo's going to get Chelsea job full time? Abramovich's expressions at the end of the game kinda suggested he would.

He's done a very good job and deserves the full time post. As for City - indeed, it will be interesting to see what happens with the new regs. As for us, I like the sound of building the team around pacey players - that's always exciting to watch - but we do need some steel in the midfield as well.

----------

Bit harsh considering City invested a considerably large sum into their youth academies. They also have the England keeper in their ranks, as well as someone who should have been playing at right back the last year. Oh and a couple of central midfielders and a winger...

My point is, how many of them actually came through the ranks? Hart certainly didn't, I know that for certain.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
He'll get it if they win the CL but not if they don't. I mean Grant got fired for winning the double but only being runner-up in the CL...

And that would be nonsensical, but that's what Chelsea are like these days - the owner's not prepared to give a manager time, when we all know that's what is needed. You need look no further than Sir Alex for evidence of that. ;)

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah it's impossible to say if he'll get the job. Certainly at the moment things are good for him, but then a defeat at the Camp Nou and subsequent failure to finish 4th or win the FA Cup and there's no way he's getting it.

sattar

Club Captain
So can u tell me the manu first team players who come through their ranks certainley not in first team...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So can u tell me the manu first team players who come through their ranks certainley not in first team...

No? Evans and Cleverly don't ring a resounding bell? And that's when you leave out Scholes and Giggsy of course - who even though they're now veterans - still came through the Utd ranks.

----------

Yeah it's impossible to say if he'll get the job. Certainly at the moment things are good for him, but then a defeat at the Camp Nou and subsequent failure to finish 4th or win the FA Cup and there's no way he's getting it.

Oh I really hope Chelsea finish the job! It'll be so good to see Barca's smug smile wiped off their faces. :)

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
There's people on this forum who weren't even born when Scholes and Giggs came through the youth ranks :p

I wouldn't say City are particularly bad to be fair. Even before the current investment they produced a fairly decent number of Premiership players ranging through Wright-Phillips, Michael Johnson (unfortunate with injuries as he looked a good player), Ireland, Onouha, and still Micah Richards. They may have bought Joe Hart from Shrewsbury, but they have still managed him superbly in regards to loaning him out and were prepared to give him his chance ahead of a still excellent Shay Given.

In recent years Man U have been fairly poor in bringing through their youth, but Cleverly certainly seems like next year could be a big year for him if he has a good summer and avoids injuries. I'm not a massive fan of Evans, but he's been very good for the second half the season.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Oh yeah, I forgot one: Danny Welbeck. He's made such an impression on Sir Alex to usurp Berbatov and Hernandez as Rooney's strike partner.

I said before that I didn't think Evans has what it takes at Utd - but I'm pleased to say it appears I was wrong - he's really become a solid defender in the second half of the season.

----------

There's people on this forum who weren't even born when Scholes and Giggs came through the youth ranks :p

True - but regardless of that, they did come through the ranks and they are both frequently still in the first team - an unbelievable achievement in itself.

sattar

Club Captain
I dont want to continue this argument otherwise it will never stop..But my point is MR KBC your sig say city buy success and united earn success..But can u answer my question that did rooney come through youth ranks of united or everton gave rooney to united for free.btw rooney cost united 25.6 million pounds.and he is your top goal scorer so basically didn't you buy success buy buying goals..and i am repeating my words that everyone buy its ok but when city buy people called them buying sucess or gloryhunters..i knw there is jealousy because blue moon is on rise..

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think you might have picked the wrong part of the season to start crowing about blue moons. Utd are clearly going to win the title at this point.
To be honest no side is ever going to break into the top 4 without stupid amounts of money; youth team players only get you so far. Blackburn bought the title back in '97 and clubs that refuse to spend large amounts like Arsenal aren't likely to win it in the near future.
Personally I think it's a high risk game being the plaything of a rich man. If he gets bored and moves on you might end up going the way of Rangers. I'm proud to be an Everton fan because, despite all the talk about under-investment we're a well-run club and aren't going to go out of business because the owner loses interest.
On the subject of the Glazers I really wish Utd fans would shut up about them. When McManus and Magnier were in charge we got constant moaning and now we get constant moaning. Front up the cash and buy the club yourselves then. Don't moan about winning yet another title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread