English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I dont want to continue this argument otherwise it will never stop..But my point is MR KBC your sig say city buy success and united earn success..But can u answer my question that did rooney come through youth ranks of united or everton gave rooney to united for free.btw rooney cost united 25.6 million pounds.and he is your top goal scorer so basically didn't you buy success buy buying goals..and i am repeating my words that everyone buy its ok but when city buy people called them buying sucess or gloryhunters..i knw there is jealousy because blue moon is on rise..

Blue bubble...

And you still haven't said how long you've supported City for. So, that probably means.... what, around two or three years? Can't remember when Sheik Whassisname arrived anyway. :p Did you actually support City when the 'Blue Moon' was so far underground you'd hardly know it was there, save for a very faint rumble? :p

As for Rooney, we were winning trophies left right and centre before he even showed up - mainly on the back of the 'kids' that came through in 1995/96 - Scholes, Butt, Gary & Phil Neville, Beckham, Giggs - apologies to the 'Fledglings' if I've missed anyone. Actually, there were one or two who looked really promising, but it didn't happen for some reason. Anyone remember Terry Cooke for example. Oh yes, I've missed another one - Gillespie - he also came through the ranks. All this was a long time before we paid ?23m for Rooney. ;)

The crucial difference is some Arab Sheik appeared and pumped money into your club. Therefore buying you success. That didn't happen with Utd - it could've done though. We could've been taken over by Rupert Murdoch back in the early nineties, but the club blocked it. :facepalm Hindsight can be a wonderful thing. Still - Utd dominated the nineties without a foreign sugar daddy owner - and are dominating still - despite the damned Glazer family. Yes, we've spent money - but every penny of that was generated by the club - on and off the pitch and no one can argue with that because it is a fact! Whatever, I'm bored of this now. Keep deluding yourself that you'd be anywhere near where you are now without your foreign sugar daddy. Yes, Utd have signed players, but for a long, long time the majority of the team was made up from those who came through the ranks. You definitely can't say that about City.

As you said though, we're never going to agree about this so we'll just leave you to enjoy second place. :D :p

***in any case, you haven't had much success - one jammy FA Cup win - whoop-de-dooooo***

Last edited:

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
blackburn won the league in 95 not 97 colin.

that's why we played them in them in the charity shield just before the 95/96 season.

sattar

Club Captain
Blue bubble...

And you still haven't said how long you've supported City for. So, that probably means.... what, around two or three years? Can't remember when Sheik Whassisname arrived anyway. :p Did you actually support City when the 'Blue Moon' was so far underground you'd hardly know it was there, save for a very faint rumble? :p

As for Rooney, we were winning trophies left right and centre before he even showed up - mainly on the back of the 'kids' that came through in 1995/96 - Scholes, Butt, Gary & Phil Neville, Beckham, Giggs - apologies to the 'Fledglings' if I've missed anyone. Actually, there were one or two who looked really promising, but it didn't happen for some reason. Anyone remember Terry Cooke for example. Oh yes, I've missed another one - Gillespie - he also came through the ranks. All this was a long time before we paid ?23m for Rooney. ;)

The crucial difference is some Arab Sheik appeared and pumped money into your club. Therefore buying you success. That didn't happen with Utd - it could've done though. We could've been taken over by Rupert Murdoch back in the early nineties, but the club blocked it. :facepalm Hindsight can be a wonderful thing. Still - Utd dominated the nineties without a foreign sugar daddy owner - and are dominating still - despite the damned Glazer family. Yes, we've spent money - but every penny of that was generated by the club - on and off the pitch and no one can argue with that because it is a fact! Whatever, I'm bored of this now. Keep deluding yourself that you'd be anywhere near where you are now without your foreign sugar daddy. Yes, Utd have signed players, but for a long, long time the majority of the team was made up from those who came through the ranks. You definitely can't say that about City.

As you said though, we're never going to agree about this so we'll just leave you to enjoy second place. :D :p

***in any case, you haven't had much success - one jammy FA Cup win - whoop-de-dooooo***

Yeah it would be failure for us to dominate most of the season and then to come 2..but i think both fans will never forget that 6-1 thumping and whatever you called freak or fluke or whatever in the end your team look like a kids playing against men that day.and i m following football from 7 years

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Foolish to consider one result as deciding which team is better. Chelsea beat Barca, are Chelsea better? Wigan beat Arsenal, are Wigan better? Even if Man City earnt the win over Man Utd, dosen't automatically decide who's better as that one match dosen't decide the title.

Without a shade of doubt Utd have performed better this season, maybe at the start City were flying, but City couldn't stand the test of time, and as usual, Utd could. It will be a well deserved victory if Utd beat City at the Etihad.

City will get their chance though. This season has certainly been a learning experience. City will outshine Utd at some point for sure.

/end Man Utd vs Man City fanboy arguments.

Last edited:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
I dont want to continue this argument otherwise it will never stop..But my point is MR KBC your sig say city buy success and united earn success..But can u answer my question that did rooney come through youth ranks of united or everton gave rooney to united for free.btw rooney cost united 25.6 million pounds.and he is your top goal scorer so basically didn't you buy success buy buying goals..and i am repeating my words that everyone buy its ok but when city buy people called them buying sucess or gloryhunters..i knw there is jealousy because blue moon is on rise..

I don't even bother replying to your posts because you don't seem to read any of the posts and all you got is to cling to your new found club with 6-1 blabber and United hate in your mouth. End.

And yes my sig will stay that way.

sattar said:
Yeah it would be failure for us to dominate most of the season and then to come 2..but i think both fans will never forget that 6-1 thumping and whatever you called freak or fluke or whatever in the end your team look like a kids playing against men that day.and i m following football from 7 years

7 years and you don't know who came through United's ranks. Your biggest rivals

Whatever. Done with this crap.

barmyarmy said:
I think you might have picked the wrong part of the season to start crowing about blue moons. Utd are clearly going to win the title at this point.
To be honest no side is ever going to break into the top 4 without stupid amounts of money; youth team players only get you so far. Blackburn bought the title back in '97 and clubs that refuse to spend large amounts like Arsenal aren't likely to win it in the near future.
Personally I think it's a high risk game being the plaything of a rich man. If he gets bored and moves on you might end up going the way of Rangers. I'm proud to be an Everton fan because, despite all the talk about under-investment we're a well-run club and aren't going to go out of business because the owner loses interest.
On the subject of the Glazers I really wish Utd fans would shut up about them. When McManus and Magnier were in charge we got constant moaning and now we get constant moaning. Front up the cash and buy the club yourselves then. Don't moan about winning yet another title.

Liverpool. :D

----

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/0...sh-drawing-up-list-of-potential-replacements/

Unlikely but if that happens they won't be able to contain Bent to stay at the club for the next season I'm sure.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

I'm sure you're right - most Utd fans will be thinking of the 6-1 if we win the league. :rolleyes Hold on to the 6-1 if it means that much to you - it's all you're likely to have to show for a season that promised oh so much at the start.

Edit: 'Most' of the season? Ever since the Chelsea defeat, your season went south - just as I predicted it would. :D

@KBC - Nice sig. :D

----------

If he's been supporting City for seven years, I'm the King of Scotland. ;)

sattar

Club Captain

If u want i can tell u past 20 years who u buy and who come through ur youth ranks.and to all united fans whatever you say you have to believe your biggest threat to premier league is your arch rivals..and btw whose waiting for ur reply

@the don05 did chelsea win convincingly they had 1 chance and they take it whereas barcelona could have 5 if chelsea were not lucky but city win convincingly at manchester derby but your right 1 win couldnt make u superior but we will see in the upcoming derbys who is superior???and please end this discussion.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
If u want i can tell u past 20 years who u buy and who come through ur youth ranks.and to all united fans whatever you say you have to believe your biggest threat to premier league is your arch rivals..and btw whose waiting for ur reply

@the don05 did chelsea win convincingly they had 1 chance and they take it whereas barcelona could have 5 if chelsea were not lucky but city win convincingly at manchester derby but your right 1 win couldnt make u superior but we will see in the upcoming derbys who is superior???and please end this discussion.

ff3f303a_1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

KBC

Panel of Selectors
sattar said:

LOL Insane.

Cool story bro.

Manly

Thor
Just quickly going back to that City/United debate:

That was the worst discussion on football I have EVER read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread