English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very early to suggest it, but that performance was sublime. Anyone reckon the Swans may be able to do a Newcastle this season? Seems more likely than a relegation battle now.

Decent start to the season for Arsenal

I mean come on, it's only been one bloody game, :facepalm nest you will be saying Fulham are gonna win the title..:lol

And to Arsenal, since when did a boring 0-0 draw with Sunderland at home become a decent start.

Watched the game live in the pub it was a very poor performance

Decent doesn't mean good, go look it up, considering what happened in the last few days, and the number of new players, it was an acceptable performance. Poor finishing doesn't mean a poor performance. Had Sunderland not had their whole team behind the ball as well, things may have been different (the game also showed Walcott's uselessness against teams which park the bus).

Oh, and sorry, I didn't know you judge how well a team play on how entertaining the game was.

On Swansea, sigh, I know, hence why I said "early to suggest". I'm throwing a wild prediction out there, for fun. You should try having fun for a change.

Laudrup looks comfortable in his potion.

Potion?! :lol

Very early to suggest it, but that performance was sublime. Anyone reckon the Swans may be able to do a Newcastle this season? Seems more likely than a relegation battle now.

Don't think so but think they'll definitely do better than most expect them too and same goes with Steve Clarke at West Brom. They may be new in terms of managing in the Premier League but the fact they aren't making any radical changes to their squad and their playing style will help. And Steve Clarke already has a lot of experience in PL even if that comes as an assistant to Mourinho, Dalglish etc. So, think he will do alright there.

Thanks for the advice, some advice for you, how about toning down the crazy statements, talk of Swansea being a top 6 team after 90 mins a prime example.

On Arsenal, all I'm saying is when did a draw with an average mid table team at home become decent, surely you couldn't ask for a better game to start, anything but a win is a very poor start.

Just seen the first Swansea goal,,, Rob Green,,:facepalm:facepalm

Last edited:
Funny enough, the two sides who got thrashed 5-0 yesterday will be facing each other next week as Norwich host QPR at Carrow Road.

Hope Joe Cole is ok, looking forward to some good things for him this year.

Joe Cole was pretty awful during our preseason and is very likely to leave Liverpool by transfer deadline day. Is on huge wages for absolutely doing nothing, and is often injured as well.

Among others who're likely to follow suit are Andy Carroll (didn't board our team bus yesterday), Jay Spearing (3m pound bid from Nottingham Forest apparently accepted) and Charlie Adam (transfer bait to secure Dempsey's services).

Looks like we're back to the 4-4-2 with surprisingly Rodwell in the middle, going to pay close attention to him today.

----------

Aguero has gone down, absolutely nothing wrong with the tackle, but looks like he's done something to his knee. :noway

Ye Gods, am I really seeing this? It's the final day of last season repeated! Dunnon why I'm bothering with the predictions thread - football has become impossible to predict!

C'mon S'ton - hold onto this. :D

----------

Ha ha, that was never going to happen. A truly awful clearance by Southampton - and 3-2 to City. Southampton don't look a bad team though and they're not letting this go. :)

I couldn't care less how technical La Liga might be, this is the best bloody league in the whole world!

(If it was Fifa, people would be crying about 'scripting'. :D )

----------

At least City haven't raced off to a +5 or 6 goal difference. Y'never know matey, it might come back and bite you in the arse. :D

----------

Southampton will have no problems if they can play like this on a regular enough basis.

Aguero's done his knee eh? The last thing you want is the 'dream partnership' broken up. And there we go, City start with a win - but I don't think it's going to be as easy for them at home this year. Going unbeaten at home all year is tough - don't expect to do it two years in a row.

Last edited:
What a strange looking table! :lol:lol:lol

Damn tough little game for us tomorrow - will RvP settle in quickly? :)

Last edited:
Tablecoth eh?:D

Look at your siggy.

----------

Liverpool's in the drop, love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread