English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen, Reina and our fans who were singing out there loud until the final whistle proving to be the only positives in an otherwise catastrophic start to the new season. Suarez does everything but score as last season, Downing cannot play football, and Gerrard effin dreadful for once.

Meh, poor start. Suarez and Allen were the only two positives I can remember. Liverpool have generally been poor starters though. Expecting better next time around. Just hoping Tottenham draw or lose so both Arsenal and Tottenham are about level on points with us.

Several upsets out there, such as Swansea thrashing QPR.

----------

Maybe Michu does deserve a better club.

Wow Newcastle's GK kit absolutely resembles Italy's Euro 2012 GK kit.

Maybe Michu does deserve a better club.

2 goals and an assist, replacement for Joe Allen (who was outstanding as well for Liverpool today). Cost Laudrup only 2m pounds though. :thumbs

Take the blinkers off, been poor for the best part of 2 years now

Last i checked, Gerrard has been regularly injured for the past 2 years now and the few times he has played he has been his normal self i.e EURO 2012, hat trick in Merseyside derby in march, performances to help Liverpool win the carling cup last season

So to suggest he has poor for 2 years now is highly misinformed my friend.

Was expecting Swansea to be in a relegation battle this season after losing Rodgers and Allen as well as Sincalir possibly. Michu is clearly the real deal though, De Guzman looked good as well and Laudrup looks comfortable in his potion.

Very early to suggest it, but that performance was sublime. Anyone reckon the Swans may be able to do a Newcastle this season? Seems more likely than a relegation battle now.

----------

Decent start to the season for Arsenal, nothing amazing though. Cazorla was tweaking brilliant, Cattermole marked him well, but every time Cattermole let him go he was wreaking havoc. Gervinho looked outstanding and being the only true winger in the squad, it's good to see. We need someone with his dribbling skills. His final ball wasn't great but it was a bit tough for him when the whole Sunderland team was in front of him. Went past the full-backs with ease. I predict a big season for him. Jenkinson didn't have to do any defending really, and was solid in attack. I'd still like an RB to compete with Sagna, but Jenkinson should be fine for a match or two until Sagna returns. Great to see Diaby back as well, looks lively and should be a good squad option. Sick of everyone, Arsenal supporter or not, saying he is complete crap when he is indeed decent and should be good for us this season. Giroud's movement was really good and he looked solid except for his finish. Looked hungry and should do well. Podolski was poor though, looks like he needs to adjust to English football. Dropped too deep at times and didn't really look like scoring at all.

Not a bad game, but all the signs suggest to me that we'll get killed at Stoke, as things aren't perfect yet and even when they are we struggle there.

Allen, Reina and our fans who were singing out there loud until the final whistle proving to be the only positives in an otherwise catastrophic start to the new season. Suarez does everything but score as last season, Downing cannot play football, and Gerrard effin dreadful for once.

If Downing continues to struggle until January, sell in him in that window and go for Adam Johnson i'd say.

But maybe if patients wear thin before the August transfer is up, then the deal can be done by the 31st also.

Hope Joe Cole is ok, looking forward to some good things for him this year.

Was Enrique injured?

Adam Johnson close to Sunderland supposedly, so not really an option unless Liverpool go for him now.

Enrique was injured, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread