English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here been watching Being Liverpool?

I'm not going to lie, some of it makes me laugh my arse off, but it is very interesting to see deeper into the football clubs. Wish they'd do more of it.

I'm not going to lie, some of it makes me laugh my arse off, but it is very interesting to see deeper into the football clubs. Wish they'd do more of it.

I haven't watched any of it.

It's clearly a marketing exercise for the American market, so i doubt it's anywhere remotely near comprehensive or revealing.

It's presumably closer to The only way is essex than a genuine fly-on-the-wall type documentary.

Yeah I do. Personally enjoy the documentary cos I get wayy too bored nowadays, but the footballing pundits from around the world have other ideas, and rightly so:

Mark Lawrenson slams Being: Liverpool documentary | Mail Online

I think everybody shares that point of view. The problem is, once you get American owners intent on doing it and intent on getting everyone involved it?s extremely difficult.

That's true for Mata, but Silva has never been THAT much better than Cazorla. Only difference was Silva won the title last season, Cazorla didn't. Silva only has 20 odd caps more and a lot of that must have to do with how Cazorla missed the World Cup through injury.

Early days yet, but Cazorla has been infinitely better than Silva has been in 2012. Silva from 2011 is perhaps a better match.

IIRC, Silva didn't really play much in the World Cup, he was a regular in the qualifiers, but lost his place to Pedro for the main stage.

It's certainly interesting isn't it, Santi was picked for the Euros, but couldn't find a place in the side and rightfully so, Silva was in some blistering form then.

Mata was outstanding out there. This just makes the decision to exclude him from the national squad so ridiculous.

Nice to see Gallas continues to be a complete liability every week.

Also it's really time we stopped playing the 41 year old Friedel and actually just went with the 10m+ French international keeper we worked hard to bring in. Made one save all game, and even that he pushed straight back to Mata (who should have scored the rebound).

As I've been saying all season, Sigurrdson isn't good enough. Not really sure Dempsey will be either. Adebayor, well it was nice to see he's not going to bother waiting until Christmas to be ---- this time. Rest of the team looks ok though. Obviously a blow to be missing Bale and Dembele. Lennon must be considering getting a fake beard and moustache, a new haircut and changing his name. As how he isn't currently England's starting right winger based on form over the last year and a half is just ridiculous. Yet again another stunning performance from him.

Chelsea certainly looking like genuine title contenders now. Wins over Arsenal and Spurs away. Amazing how good they look with Lampard and Terry not in the team!

Yeah, its so ridiculous to see both Mata and Lennon excluded from their respective national squads. But I guess Mata would be back pretty soon, where as it could take time for Lennon to do the same.

Yeah, its so ridiculous to see both Mata and Lennon excluded from their respective national squads. But I guess Mata would be back pretty soon, where as it could take time for Lennon to do the same.

Add Cazorla and Arteta. I can't comment much on the obvious that keeps them out of the squad.
Nice to see Gallas continues to be a complete liability every week.

Also it's really time we stopped playing the 41 year old Friedel and actually just went with the 10m+ French international keeper we worked hard to bring in. Made one save all game, and even that he pushed straight back to Mata (who should have scored the rebound).

Friedel is amazing for 41, but don't get me wrong, it's about time Lloris came on. Mata's first goal would've been kept out if it was Lloris, he must've thought that too and with packed men and high tempo running wouldn't help the cause.

Back to United, amazing FOA how Rooney is operating in the sort of position Iniesta does. Much much deeper on the field than last season. Van Persie is made to flank too much, but I can assume that wouldn't happen when Kagawa and the injured co. return.

Positive football since Newcastle win, Good crosses and good finishes but poor display in the later half despite Valencia giving stoke a hard time. Defence is cracking a bit and my doubts side a shade on Ferdinand. Evans is marking good despite the unlucky goal. He's making Vidic's absence a little less felt. Scholes was brilliant as ever, made stoke run places and always in the support whenever needed.

4 goals in a holding game is a good sign and Chelsea up next should be a real level pusher.

As how he isn't currently England's starting right winger based on form over the last year and a half is just ridiculous. Yet again another stunning performance from him.
Milner's one of Roy's favourites, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread