English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well if you see is most of the game we played Rooney as a lone striker, we have failed/lost. I guess 4-4-2 is the best formation and Fergie should stick with that for even the big games away from home.

With Champions League coming, we need Hargreaves back soon now, as he is going to be the key for us in midfield in the away games.

themuel1

International Coach
Well if you see is most of the game we played Rooney as a lone striker, we have failed/lost. I guess 4-4-2 is the best formation and Fergie should stick with that for even the big games away from home.

With Champions League coming, we need Hargreaves back soon now, as he is going to be the key for us in midfield in the away games.

Hargreaves won't be fully match fit until the near the end of the season - I don't think he'll make a massive imapct because of this.

I would like Ferguson to play 4-4-2, the same side week in week out. Valencia, Fletcher (holding) Anderson (Attacking) and Obertan/Nani (Give him games he'l get the confidence he needs)

Rooney and Diouf/Owen as forwards. (I know we have only just got Diouf but he's a different player to Rooney, which Berbatov isn't).

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Hargreaves won't be fully match fit until the near the end of the season - I don't think he'll make a massive imapct because of this.

I would like Ferguson to play 4-4-2, the same side week in week out. Valencia, Fletcher (holding) Anderson (Attacking) and Obertan/Nani (Give him games he'l get the confidence he needs)

Rooney and Diouf/Owen as forwards. (I know we have only just got Diouf but he's a different player to Rooney, which Berbatov isn't).

Talking about Hargo, I think he is in training for about 2-3 weeks. I feel Fergie should give a him 3-4 reserve games by the end of this month. If he passes fitness he could be gem in Champions league games.

4-4-2 is the best formation for United. I agree with you Nani/Obertan must be given games and even Tosic. Tosic has the talent but he should be given more chance. Owen and Rooney used to play well for England, so I dont understand why Fergie doesnt play him with Rooney. Diouf has been impressive in 30 odd minutes he has played and could be like Solskjaer if given more time on the pitch, which i doubt he will get much this season unless Berba/ Owen or Rooney are injured.

D

Deleted member 11215

Talking about Hargo, I think he is in training for about 2-3 weeks. I feel Fergie should give a him 3-4 reserve games by the end of this month. If he passes fitness he could be gem in Champions league games.

4-4-2 is the best formation for United. I agree with you Nani/Obertan must be given games and even Tosic. Tosic has the talent but he should be given more chance. Owen and Rooney used to play well for England, so I dont understand why Fergie doesnt play him with Rooney. Diouf has been impressive in 30 odd minutes he has played and could be like Solskjaer if given more time on the pitch, which i doubt he will get much this season unless Berba/ Owen or Rooney are injured.

Hargreaves has been playing and training behind closed doors but apparently is suffering mentally from the injury as he keeps getting afraid hes gonna injure himself again.

Tosic simply isnt good enough and is perhaps the cause of the failed Ljajic deal. He's not impressed and will be shipped out to anyone who wants him.

Fergies said that he sees Owen and Rooney as too similar to play together so they're competing for one spot. Personally i dont agree but I have faith in fergie.

In the Nani/Obertan debate they both offer something different. Nani is clearly talented as he shows playing for portugal but importantly thats on the right and he plays on the left for us. Obertan looks a reasonable talent but again is said to suffer mentally and with this back problem he had I cant see us rushing to throw him in the team unless we have to.

themuel1

International Coach
Hargreaves has been playing and training behind closed doors but apparently is suffering mentally from the injury as he keeps getting afraid hes gonna injure himself again.

Tosic simply isnt good enough and is perhaps the cause of the failed Ljajic deal. He's not impressed and will be shipped out to anyone who wants him.

Fergies said that he sees Owen and Rooney as too similar to play together so they're competing for one spot. Personally i dont agree but I have faith in fergie.

In the Nani/Obertan debate they both offer something different. Nani is clearly talented as he shows playing for portugal but importantly thats on the right and he plays on the left for us. Obertan looks a reasonable talent but again is said to suffer mentally and with this back problem he had I cant see us rushing to throw him in the team unless we have to.

I understand Hargreaves mental issue. After the amount of operations and physio hes had, to have it happen again would scare most of us.

I think hes an ideal partner to Lampard in the England team (although Gerrard will always play under Capello) so lets hope he can get fit. Same with Joe Cole.

I'd love to see us sign Victor Moses. Anyone know what they are asking for him?

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
I understand Hargreaves mental issue. After the amount of operations and physio hes had, to have it happen again would scare most of us.

I think hes an ideal partner to Lampard in the England team (although Gerrard will always play under Capello) so lets hope he can get fit. Same with Joe Cole.

I'd love to see us sign Victor Moses. Anyone know what they are asking for him?

Yeah, Hargreaves would be an ideal partner for Lampard in England's midfield and Gerrad plays on the left under Capello, so I fee if Hargo is ready then it will be Barry out and Hargreaves in.

shantanu_rooney added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Tevez and Rooney were same kind of players but they both won us the title and played really well as a team. Cant forget the goal Tevez scored against Boro at home a couple season's ago - Rooney's backheel - that was a best example of team work. So I dont know hy Owen and Rooney cant play with each other. I think against Hull, Fergie should give them a try.

themuel1

International Coach
Good news - Rio's Back.

Tevez has been talking to the media (Argentinian) about Neville. I don't se Tevez's problem. No ones worth ?25 million. He's also said he can't learn English. Been here for 4 years now. I'm fed up with footballers going home, giving interviews and slagging clubs and managers off here. Don't like it, go home. At least here families of footballers arn't kidnapped.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

I completely disagree with that - how can Sir Alex think Owen and Rooney are too similar? I'd say they compliment each other and should be given a prolonged run in the team. If Owen/Rooney can rekindle the partnership they had while playing for England, that can only be beneficial to Man Utd and England. It's not as if Owen's getting injured all the time in training or whatever now; give him a go, Sir Alex!

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Again papers say now, Madrid have appointed Pini Zahavi - best agent - to take away Rooney from United to Bernabeu. Is the financial crisis so worse that we will need to sell him at then end of this season? I am hating these news :(

themuel1

International Coach
Again papers say now, Madrid have appointed Pini Zahavi - best agent - to take away Rooney from United to Bernabeu. Is the financial crisis so worse that we will need to sell him at then end of this season? I am hating these news :(

Put it this way - if Rooney leaves, Ferguson will. The "worlds best agent" will have no effect. If United don't want to sell, they won't. I don't think Rooney wants to leave the country anyway. Whats's the appeal? I've been to Spain - It's nice for a weeks holiday but theres no way I'd ever wanna live there.....

All this is is The Sun and various other crap papers having nothing to write about because nothings happening in the transfer window. We get specualtion on so many rumours that I don't believe anything until I hear the club actually anounce it.

D

Deleted member 11215

Put it this way - if Rooney leaves, Ferguson will. The "worlds best agent" will have no effect. If United don't want to sell, they won't. I don't think Rooney wants to leave the country anyway. Whats's the appeal? I've been to Spain - It's nice for a weeks holiday but theres no way I'd ever wanna live there.....

All this is is The Sun and various other crap papers having nothing to write about because nothings happening in the transfer window. We get specualtion on so many rumours that I don't believe anything until I hear the club actually anounce it.

I'd imagine its all papertalk Rooney has a young family can't see him wanting to move abroad.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Rooney's pledged his future to the club, so I reckon we can put all this Barcelona rubbish to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread