English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, Rodwell is not worth 10m + Carrick. Don't get why people are jumping on Carrick's back after one bad season.

Saying that though I'd say Rodwell has the potential to be a better player than Carrick can ever be. Whether ?10 mill + Carrick is a good deal is debatable but in my opinion would be worth it. Carrick is by no means a bad player however.

Just how I see it.

They're different kind of players though. Rodwell is in my opinion a box-to-box sort of midfielder, and we already have Fletcher and Gibson in those roles.

Decent win for Liverpool. Lucas was a little disappointing and Poulsen wasn't anything special but they did enough. Jovanovic was great once more.

A LOT to improve on as a team but we did enough.

Its just to cover up for Torres who rarely plays 4 matches in succession . I just can't watch that N'Gog play whenever torres is ruled out . Horrible talent from PSG :facepalm

It's no fluke that Ngog has a phenomenal goals per minutes played ratio. His movement and pace is top draw. We have more than enough attackers. Jovanovic is our left winger but he's just as good up front if we needed him there, and Cole, Babel, Rodriquez, Kuyt and Aurellio can all play on the wing.

They're different kind of players though. Rodwell is in my opinion a box-to-box sort of midfielder, and we already have Fletcher and Gibson in those roles.

And what kind of role does Carrick play? Basically a deep playmaker and we have Scholes who is a hell of alot better.

And Gibson is shite.

And what kind of role does Carrick play? Basically a deep playmaker and we have Scholes who is a hell of alot better.

And Gibson is shite.

I'd class Carrick as a genuine central midfielder. His positioning is fantastic and he links up play very well. Pretty much like Denilson at Arsenal. When Carrick is playing well and he's in the team, our ball retention is much better.

Gibson still needs to improve in some key areas such as his first touch but he's a talented player. Fletcher was shite for a long time but he gradually improved and has become a key player in the Utd side. I think Gibson will do the same.

I'm gonna put it out there, but you have a very very good knowledge of the game.

I'd class Carrick as a genuine central midfielder. His positioning is fantastic and he links up play very well. Pretty much like Denilson at Arsenal. When Carrick is playing well and he's in the team, our ball retention is much better.

Gibson still needs to improve in some key areas such as his first touch but he's a talented player. Fletcher was shite for a long time but he gradually improved and has become a key player in the Utd side. I think Gibson will do the same.

Agreed with all of that, I reckon our midfield has a good future. I'd just like to make it clear that I don't believe ?10m + Carrick for Rodwell is a good deal, I was just announcing what I'd read - as you said, one bad season doesn't make a good player bad. :)

Gibson has also got a habit of crashing them in ala Scholes in his younger days (and the other day v Fulham). :)

Last edited:
I wrote ?10, didn't I? :doh :doh :doh :doh :doh :doh

OK, now I have a headache. Can't believe I was that careless!! :p :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread