English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah good point mate, we were better in the first half in my opinion, and if we could of went 2-3 goals up then who knows what would of happened. But credit to Spurs for their excellent second half. It was all in all a good end to end game and draw would of probably been fair.

War

Chairman of Selectors
LOLBridge. Joke player.

You mention Konchesky not being good enough then bring up a complete wasteman like Wayne Bridge.

You are bing a bit harsh on Bridge. This is same Bridge that has been a unfortunate understudy to Ash Cole for club & country all these years & the same Bridge that Capello certainly would have taken to the world cup.

He probably hasn't been that great since he went to Man Cityy, but he is certainly not a wasteman my friend. He would definately be better suited to playing @ Liverpool than Konchesky once he is playing to potential.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
You're right in the end. We dropped more points!

A mistake by first Mikel and then Cech that gave Newcastle an early was really pathetic! That was another example of giving the opposition a cheap goal when they rarely threatened much throughout the game. We did it last week against Birmingham and now against Newcastle. :facepalm

Having said that, we barely created many clear cut chances despite having more than Newcastle. Good goal by Kalou for our equalizer and missed a rather great chance to win it late on! Typical Kalou! :mad

A draw was perhaps a fair result as Newcastle defended well and we rarely troubled them. The only positive thing we can take is we did not lose(again!) and have Michael Essien back for next week's game. Hopefully Lampard will be back too.

Credit to Man United for thrashing Blackburn yesterday and now sitting top of the table.

That was Utd in top gear. :yes Chelsea have got one hell of a run coming up, including Utd's visit to Stamford Bridge, over Christmas. This period could have a big say to the final destination of the title. Blackpool next for us - we must make sure it's not a case of 'after the Lord Mayor's show' - we need a good result there and to go on from this. Our forthcoming fixtures are no picnic either:

04 Dec Barclays Premier League Blackpool A 17:30
07 Dec UEFA Champions League Valencia CF H 19:45
13 Dec Barclays Premier League Arsenal H 20:00
19 Dec Barclays Premier League Chelsea A 16:00
26 Dec Barclays Premier League Sunderland H 15:00
28 Dec Barclays Premier League Birmingham A 20:00

I wanna be in one of Andy Carroll's orgy. What an absolute lad.

?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

You are bing a bit harsh on Bridge. This is same Bridge that has been a unfortunate understudy to Ash Cole for club & country all these years & the same Bridge that Capello certainly would have taken to the world cup.

He probably hasn't been that great since he went to Man Cityy, but he is certainly not a wasteman my friend. He would definately be better suited to playing @ Liverpool than Konchesky once he is playing to potential.

Maybe because he doesn't get enough games there - another decent England player that City are intent on ruining. Roll on UEFA's Fair play rules, let's see them splash the cash then. It'll actually affect them far more than us - we're making enough to service our debt. City on the other hand made a huge loss - 2009/2010 - loss of ?121m.

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm sorry but Wayne Bridge is garbage. The only reason Bridge was ever in the England squad was because Sven and McClaren just assumed that he was good because he played for Chelsea. He's got no pace, poor positioning, shoddy passing, poor delivery and he's a complete nob end. So ****ing what if Terry shagged your missus, you're a joke of a player and if your country asks you to play you ****ing play.

Wayne Bridge is possibly the luckiest player in the world. He's warmed the bench for the two richest teams in England, whilst at the same time getting undeservedly called up for his national side because of two managers who didn't have a clue.

Ayub 95

Club Cricketer
So ****ing what if Terry shagged your missus, you're a joke of a player

TBH he took it too far Bridge. I mean IIRC weren't they separated when Terry shagged her? What was the logic when Man City actually signed him, obviously they were going to buy somebody better aka Kolarov.

Bridge is a ████████.

/end hate

War

Chairman of Selectors
I'm sorry but Wayne Bridge is garbage. The only reason Bridge was ever in the England squad was because Sven and McClaren just assumed that he was good because he played for Chelsea. He's got no pace, poor positioning, shoddy passing, poor delivery and he's a complete nob end. So ****ing what if Terry shagged your missus, you're a joke of a player and if your country asks you to play you ****ing play.

Wayne Bridge is possibly the luckiest player in the world. He's warmed the bench for the two richest teams in England, whilst at the same time getting undeservedly called up for his national side because of two managers who didn't have a clue.

Totally disagree my friend.

Firslty McLaren wasn't even the 1st to pick him. He was picked under Sven & went to 2002 WC as Cole back-up when he was @ Southampton. Both he & Cole where seen as two bright young left-backs. The A Cole/Bridge situation is very similar to Lizarazu/Candella situation that France had.

He earnt his place @ Chelsea, but managers unfortunately always benched him & saw him as back-up to Del Horno & then A Cole. So you are way off with your assement on him, by claiming he he was simply just licky to warn the best for two of richest teams in ENG.

Yes he has no pace, he is not going to gallop forward like A Cole or Patrice Evra. He is old fashion left-back, in which at his best his position & delivery was always solid.

So i'm wondering if the managers really didn't have a clue. Who was the best back-up left-back in this country throughout the last decade behind A Cole then, if Bridge was such crap?

I'm not going to comment on that story he had with JT, since i'm only concerned about his football ability. Thanks..

Last edited:

JBlues08

Club Captain
I think Wayne Bridge is a good defender. Not great but good and someone that can probably come in to do a job if needed to. And to be fair, he hardly gets a consistent start for the past few years and it's easy to say he is poor and all of that when he hardly gets to have a game time on a consistent basis. Perhaps we should wait for him to move to another club(if that happens) where he in the starting XI consistently before jumping too much to the conclusion.

Last edited:

ARay

County Cricketer
I actually love Baines as a left back, but thats because perhaps I am a huge fan of Everton! :p

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I actually love Baines as a left back, but thats because perhaps I am a huge fan of Everton! :p

baines is a fantastic attacking full back.

He's arguably our most effective attackign threat this season, which is quite worrying.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
We have Arsenal in the cup!

Thought you would have loved to play united ?? :p
haha, united got what they deserved for their over confidence in under estimating west ham and god that boy named spector - got his first goal in 138 games and that had to come against his old club. Way to go man :clap

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Harsh lesson for the youngsters but I think we deserved it because the partnership of Smallling and Evans was not good at all and I guess Evans is getting worse day by day. On the other hand we were bit unlucky with we creating some very good chances but we didnt take it. Anyways it was a Carling Cup game and hope we learn our lessons.

rosewt02

2nd XI Cricketer
Thought you would have loved to play united ?? :p
haha, united got what they deserved for their over confidence in under estimating west ham and god that boy named spector - got his first goal in 138 games and that had to come against his old club. Way to go man :clap

We had United last year, need to beat them again? Nah ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread