English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I dont get it? Why Keegan? He's won nothing in management, he was crap with England and the blue scum. He's been out of management for 3 years after being sacked by Ciddy, and you gotta be bad to be sacked by Ciddy:p. He showed his weakness when at Newcastle before. I really dont understand the hysteria at Newcastle today.

I'll tell you this though, come 23rd February, I will love it, love it if we beat them!:p

D

Deleted member 13648

Kevin Keegan, la la la, Kevin Keegan, la la la!

2-0 up and a man down. It's the Keegan era alright!

Oh, we're playing Stoke City...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I dont get it? Why Keegan? He's won nothing in management, he was crap with England and the blue scum. He's been out of management for 3 years after being sacked by Ciddy, and you gotta be bad to be sacked by Ciddy:p. He showed his weakness when at Newcastle before. I really dont understand the hysteria at Newcastle today.

I'll tell you this though, come 23rd February, I will love it, love it if we beat them!:p

He took Manchester City to respectable Premier League positions in all but his final season as their manager.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
That's not really anything spectacular. They should have gone for Alan Curbishly if respectable mid table finishes is what they wanted.

PhilD123

International Coach
He took Manchester City to respectable Premier League positions in all but his final season as their manager.
As Matt said, Newcastle fans dont want respectable mid-table positions, they want to be getting into Europe at the very least. Plus, you mention in all but his final season as manager, well as his final season didn't go very well then he didn't exactly take them anywhere and was just a pointless waste of 3 years, as I think he could be at Newcastle. It just seems like he's been appointed on sentiment and not managerial skills.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
But Kevin Keegan is a Newcastle 'legend'.

He did win the Football League First Division, runner up in Premiership and runner up in charity shield at Newcastle.

PhilD123

International Coach
But Kevin Keegan is a Newcastle 'legend'
Thats exactly the attitude I'm on about, its way too sentimental. I'd be more than annoyed if United got someone in just because they're a legend at the club.

He did win the Football League First Division, runner up in Premiership and runner up in charity shield at Newcastle.
Wow, he won the First Division, plenty of sub-standard managers have done that, take Gary Megson for example. Being a runner-up in the Premiership means nothing, they didn't win it! What! He was the runner-up in the Charity Shield, which he only got to because United won the double! He must be a miracle worker!:upray:p

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Thats exactly the attitude I'm on about, its way too sentimental. I'd be more than annoyed if United got someone in just because they're a legend at the club.

Wow, he won the First Division, plenty of sub-standard managers have done that, take Gary Megson for example. Being a runner-up in the Premiership means nothing, they didn't win it! What! He was the runner-up in the Charity Shield, which he only got to because United won the double! He must be a miracle worker!:upray:p

Come on Phil, I'm trying my best here, If he did anything that was remotely good than I could easily convince you(;)) but he hasn't given me much to work with... :help

At every club that he managed, he won promotion as champions in his first season.

PhilD123

International Coach
But surely a good manager has to have won something proper, not just promotion. You can see what I mean though, you said it yourself, he hasn't done anything convincing enough to justify the decision on managerial skills.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
The best manager never to have won anything in the Premiership is David Moyes and he quite rightly give the middle finger to Newcastle. He will have won something when we beat Chelsea at Goodison next week and then hammer the Arsenal under 18's......

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Personally I think Newcastle are being realistic, they aren't going to win the Premiership in the near future and let's face it, win or lose, they certainly played their best football in the last 20 years during his previous reign. Or at least their most entertaining.

PhilD123

International Coach
Moyes is still in his relatively early stages of his managerial career though so he doesn't need to prove himself yet. Whereas, this is probably Keegan's last managerial job.

I should have phrased that better, you can be a good manager without winning anything, Harry Redknapp for example, but the Newcastle fans expect the manager to have something special, surely you've got to have won something proper to be considered special.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I'm actually thrilled that Keegan's back! Lets face it, Newcastle have looked closest to winning anything in the last 20 years during Keegan's reign. I'm not saying they'll be playing CL footie in the next 2 years but he should be the most likely to get them to Uefa Cup spot. Although, he could fail horribly and quit since he doesn't tend to stay around when things get tough.

I've just contradicted myself like 5 times but I don't care because Keegan's back.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm actually thrilled that Keegan's back! Lets face it, Newcastle have looked closest to winning anything in the last 20 years during Keegan's reign. I'm not saying they'll be playing CL footie in the next 2 years but he should be the most likely to get them to Uefa Cup spot. Although, he could fail horribly and quit since he doesn't tend to stay around when things get tough.

I've just contradicted myself like 5 times but I don't care because Keegan's back.

I always used to think that Newcastle are one of the most un-luckiest teams in England. Cant really see what Keegan will do to change their fortunes. I think first of all they need to find a way to reduce their bloody injuries. Every player who goes to St. James Park gets injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread