English Football Thread

Which team will perform beyond expectations this season?

• Total voters

jer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i'd suspect the latter no matter what the truth! :)

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I wasnt really watching it but basically I think they played it as 2 seperate 45min games.

Sureshot

Executive member
40 minute halfs I think Kev.

Van Basten nearly replicated his infamous goal.

sachin

International Coach
Can you give me a bit more info Sureshot?Would have been great to watch...Really suck that people in other countries can't watch these type of matches.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Bent signed a new four-year contract with the Addicks this summer but may miss the start of the season after newspaper reports claimed he had sliced his finger when making a sandwich.
:rolleyes:

Sureshot

Executive member
sachin said:
Can you give me a bit more info Sureshot?Would have been great to watch...Really suck that people in other countries can't watch these type of matches.

Well there's not a mass ammount to say.

It was Bergies testimonial and the first ever game at Ashburton Grove. ALOT of substitions, infact I thought I saw Sven crying :p

Not a great game of football, but a good atmosphere with alot of legends on the pitch.

Google Bergkamps Testimonial there's alot of decent stuff out there, might be some Youtube videos on it too.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
On a different note, Everton played Celtic at Parkhead today; Celtic won 1-0 but in my entirley unbiased point of view, Everton had the better of the game. Andy Johnson always looked threatening and Jolean Lescott made a decent first impression at centre-back. Hoepfully we can get a UEFA cup spot this season.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I know, unfortunately. But you never know. Spurs do look good with their new signings Berbatov and Zokora, adding more quality. Everton have AJ.

But then all of them combined are still less than that cheat who wears the Number 14 Jersey for the Gunners.

sachin

International Coach
Your say his a cheat after two incidents?!Anyway,you follow Madrid and Cheatski(note:the name says it all),the biggest divers in the game(apart from maybe Portuhal!:D

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Liverpool appear to have signed another Attacking midfielder ;) Pepe Reina replaced Luis Garcia in a friendly last night and had 2 decent shots on goal.

HopaWhitey

Club Cricketer
Fulham held Real Madrid nil all overnight. The Cottagers have had an inconsistant pre season but their new signings look good. Franck Quedrue made his debut for the club.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Wenger knows that Ashley Cole is leaving the club, and hopes he goes to Madrid rather than Chelsea to make Mourinho angry :D.

Users who are viewing this thread