English Football Thread

Which team will perform beyond expectations this season?

• Total voters

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
In our second friendly of the pre-season we beat Stevenage 2-0, with Jack Lester scoring both.

I should be going to our Leeds friendly at the City Ground Saturday after next.

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
Kev said:
you can discuss lower league football here, its not just for priemiership football.

I know we can discuss it here, but the thread is going to be so dominated by talk of Premier League it will be hard to form any sort of discussion about it.

Sheffield Wednesday kicked off their US pre-season tour with a 1 all draw against Wilmington. Wilmington play in the US 2nd division.

sachin

International Coach
Damnit!Sanderos out until late October.Centre-Half please!C'mon Arsene get you groove on!
http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.r....fapl.website.news.NewsItem&categoryCode=News

aitzaz said:
Well usy u will see who are Man U left with in 2 week times ;) we are getting Guttasso it is confirmed more over Tony,Canavaro , Pirlo ,Torres and Carrick might be comming ! Torres has a great chance
What a lot of rubbish!If you think that all these star players are going to come it would be better if you gave a link(As it seems so ridiculous).

themuel1

International Coach
sachin said:
Damnit!Sanderos out until late October.Centre-Half please!C'mon Arsene get you groove on!
http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.r....fapl.website.news.NewsItem&categoryCode=News

What a lot of rubbish!If you think that all these star players are going to come it would be better if you gave a link(As it seems so ridiculous).

Yep, Always a lot of rumours pre-season, fact is, United will probably get one in the end, two at a push. I would rather see Owen Hargreaves then Gattuso.

Bala

International Coach
Whoa! O'Leary quits even before the season begins! Kev got this correct, I should say.

sachin

International Coach
I'm not surprised.O'leary has been linked with the disparaging comments by the players about the head of the Club.He is not liked and the way Aston Villa has performed lately it really should have happened earlier.

Bala

International Coach
DOL is a pathetic excuse for a manager. He sunk Leeds with the purchase of greedy gits and was total poo when he had no money at Villa. Whereas men like Allardyce (though he is a whiner!), Moyes and O'NEill are good in operating with shoe string budgets!

sachin

International Coach
Very good point.The players have called for the team to settle down and think about Football which is exactly what needs to happen.Did anyone see that cartoon thing that the FAPL have got themselves involved in?Well some ball shaped Aliens get themselves through challenges (which are these other Alien shaped-Dislikables-balls),with teamwork and other good things.Seems like brainwashing to me(aimed at 5-9 year olds).Anybody have an opinion on this?
http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.r...ews.NewsItem&categoryCode=NewsSpecialFeatures

Sureshot

Executive member
Viewers in England can watch Dennis Bergkamps testimonial at Ashburton Grove on 5 atm.

It's a gorgeous ground.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm a little confused about this Arsenal game; I've had it on Sky Sport score centre all day and it was 1-1 until I realised it was on Channel 5. I tuned in to Channel 5, were I found that it was 1-0. At first I thought it was a graphical error, but when Kanu scored, the commentators said that it was 2-0 instead of 2-1. Then the referee blew the full-time whistle on 81 minutes!

Can someone clear this up for me? Am I going insane here?

Users who are viewing this thread