Euro 2008 - Who Will You Support?

If you're a proper football fan, you'll watch it because of the quality of football! Because lets face it, we always bring the standard down!

People like you annoy me greatly, theres no such thing as a proper fan.

Haven't you heard, Will? You have to support someone in the 48th Division to be a proper fan.

Shut up will, the 48th division is for glory fans. They get entered into the local village 5 a side tournament and are 9th favourites out of 8 teams. I do like the way you have to support a team that loses often to be a 'real' fan. I watch my local club every week and follow man utd. But utd won the league and my local team lost in the play offs semi finals, im such a glory fan :(. Why can't i be a real fan?

It's alright you're a proper fan if you go to every game home and away for the next 15 years having no proper job or life in the process.

You know your stuff:p

Changed my mind about Portugal now, hope they go out quickly so the Ronaldo situation is sorted. Holland for me.

Agreed, not that I'd want Portugal to go far anyway, I can't bloody stand them! Hopefully they'll do an Argentina from WC 2006: start really well and then just fall away.

People like you annoy me greatly, theres no such thing as a proper fan.
Seriously, I agree with what you're saying. However, you're a bit of a hypocrite. A few weeks ago, towards the end of the season, I said "I hope we do...". "We" meaning United, can't remember what I was saying about. Then you criticised me for saying "We" as you obviously don't think fans are part of a club, then you said the real fans will be out tomorrow watching proper football, on a boggy ground somewhere.:rolleyes:

And here it is:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1046156&postcount=2610

Last edited:
Seriously, I agree with what you're saying. However, you're a bit of a hypocrite. A few weeks ago, towards the end of the season, I said "I hope we do...". "We" meaning United, can't remember what I was saying about. Then you criticised me for saying "We" as you obviously don't think fans are part of a club, then you said the real fans will be out tomorrow watching proper football, on a boggy ground somewhere.:rolleyes:

And here it is:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1046156&postcount=2610

That is a seriously daft thing to say! Everyone knows that the fans can be the team's twelfth man, if they do their bit!

That is a seriously daft thing to say! Everyone knows that the fans can be the team's twelfth man, if they do their bit!
Exactly my point. But apparently, United fans aren't allowed to refer to United as "we".

There's no 'we' in team!

But yeah, I do refer to my team as we and always will. I play for Everton technically just as every other fan plays for their team technically.

I`ll be rooting for Portugal although Iam an Arsenal fan.
Their flair and attacking style makes for great viewing.
Does the draw allow a possibility of a Portugal-Spain final/semifinal ?

Users who are viewing this thread