FA Cup

Here's the cup draw then:

Sheffield United or Middlesbrough v Cardiff City
Manchester United v Portsmouth
Bristol Rovers v West Brom
Barnsley v Chelsea

Not such a bad draw for United, it could have been a lot better, but it could have been worse, Pompey away would have been very tricky. The tie of the round is Barnsley vs Chelsea, it should be comfortable, but I'm not so sure with it being at Barnsley. One of either Bristol Rovers or West Brom will be playing at Wembley then. Its been really good stuff in the cup this season, probably one of the best we've had for a few years.

COME ON SHEFFIELD UNITED!!!

If they make the final over Chelsea/Man Utd I shall become very moist.

I might be goin too! We can have a PC day out, I'm only going because I met a bloke called Eric and sang ooh ahh cantona, it turned out he was a united fan and he'll take me along to any of the cup finals :D So that makes it 12 straight prem teams? It's a joke.

Come on the giant killers!

Any team who knocks Arsenal out is, therefore, inilegible to win the cup. I wonder how many Prem teams Chelsea have drawn in the last 2 FA competitions?

Last edited:
IT'S FIXED I TELL THEE!!!

Seriously though, if Barnsley beat Chelsea I will allow Will to make me moist.

This is a brilliant video: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
lol...well chelski get a lower league side AGAIN...but yh...pretty good tie all around i suppose...anybody can get the 4 semi spots available for me...

IT'S FIXED I TELL THEE!!!
Funny you say that, these are the draws United have had since 98/99.

2007/08 - Villa / Spurs / Arsenal / Portsmouth
2006/07 - Villa / Portsmouth / Reading / Boro / Watford / Chelsea
2005/06 - Burton A / Wolves / Liverpool
2004/05 - Exeter / Boro / Everton / Southampton / Newcastle / Arsenal
2003/04 - Villa / Northampton / Man City / Fulham / Arsenal / Millwall
2002/03 - Portsmouth / West Ham / Arsenal
2001/02 - Villa / Boro
2000/01 - Fulham / West Ham
1998/99 - Boro / Liverpool / Fulham / Chelsea / Arsenal / Newcastle

Thats 30 out of 38 games that we've been drawn against Premiership opposition and Fulham in 2000/01 were promoted to the Premiership that season, so were Pompey in 2002/2003 and we weren't actually drawn against Millwal in the final of 04.

Now lets look at Liverpools over the same time period...

98/99 Port Vale, Man Utd
99/00 Huddersfield, Blackburn
00/01 Rotherham, Leeds, City, Tranmere, Wycome, Arsenal
01/02 Birmingham, Arsenal
02/03 City, Crysal Palace
03/04 Yeovil, Newcastle, Portsmouth
04/05 Burnley
05/06 Luton, Portsmouth, Man Utd, Birmingham, Chelsea, West Ham
06/07 Arsenal
07/08 Luton, Havant And Waterlooville, Barnsley.

So out of 28 Fa cup ties, Liverpool have played 14 of them against lower league opposition, and have played lower league opposition in all but two of their 3rd round games. Barwick's been the chief executive of the FA for the past few years, so it shouldn't come as a shock that they got 3 lower league sides this season. Perhaps they use hot and cold balls, but somethings not right.

Oh and look, Gallas got away with the kick on Nani, what a suprise, if that had been Rooney he'd have got a three match ban.

Let's not start that Phil. It was hardly a full blown swipe was it?

It was a kick out. Plenty of players have got away with a yellow card at most so don't start this inconsistency rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread