Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Features I want to see:

1. Licensed, photo-realistic Rob Key.
2. 221 Mode, where you relive the best moments in Rob Key's illustrious test career (2002-?).
3. Bowling with Rob Key. A tenpin bowling simulation mode. Nothing to do with Rob Key, but might as well milk the license.
4. Story time with Rob Key. Rob Key talks you through obviously untrue anecdotes, both cricketing and sexual.

Last edited:
Danny Morrison and Ian Chappel as commentators if possible. It will be amazing to hear their views even in game.

Features I want to see:

1. Licensed, photo-realistic Rob Key.
2. 221 Mode, where you relive the best moments in Rob Key's illustrious test career (2002-?).
3. Bowling with Rob Key. A bowling simulation mode. Nothing to do with Rob Key, but might as well milk the license.
4. Story time with Rob Key. Rob Key talks you through obviously untrue anecdotes, both cricketing and sexual.

Take it you're a Rob Key fan then? :D

And who needs a license when you can create this:

4vsWNAe.png

I would like to see different animations for different types of player like a conservative batsman will have a very strong defense shot more like Pujara [body leaning towards the ball and defending it]...Brute type of batsman having just strength instead of placing the ball they would hit hard for boundaries and no or less footwork [Mostly for lower middle order]...Aggressive types are perfect in the current game...:)

PS: There are different character in the game like the above but I don't see differences in approach to their game...like a Brute batsman should feel so...This would definitely make a huge difference to the gameplay....

Last edited:
There are different character in the game like the above but I don't see differences in approach to their game.

Personally, I felt a difference when I changed the batsman's mentality in the nets probably because of keenly observing even minute details. There was a difference in the sound upon impact, the speed at which the ball left the bat, and the placement. It could be just me but I certainly was able to notice the difference though on a minor scale.

Last edited:
Personally, I felt a difference when I changed the batsman's mentality in the nets probably because of keenly observing even minute details. There was a difference in the sound upon impact, the speed at which the ball left the bat, and the placement. It could be just me but I certainly was able to notice the difference though on a minor scale.

Maybe it would feel such a way when we play matches...Hope so...:cheers

I did too!! Playing with Brute mentality does make the batsman time the lofted shots much better in the nets!

I can't put my finger on exactly what the difference is, but I often play with either brute or precision and I seem to get more out of precision. That is probably due to the way I play (not a big hitter) fitting more with that mentality

Like this?

Yes but like in this video at 51st second, it would have been nice if we are given option manually to switch to side view.

I know it might be just too much to ask from this already amazing game. But just was wondering if that was possible for next iteration.

By the way even after looking many times at the above video of BARS sneak peak, that faint nick on the bat in hot-spot still looks amazing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ragdoll physics rather than canned animations.

And also this - better product release management.

Replays should be able to be saved (possibly uploadable).

Users who are viewing this thread