FOOTBALL Fifa 12 - console and PC!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just a sidenote.. If you play 2 player manager mode above professional be prepared to lose a friend.

I swear it causes brain snaps, brain damage and fights. The cpu seem to be able to control possesion 60% of the time. Then on the rare moment you get a chance its been a whole half of football and you make a meal of it.. resulting in your partner to go bananas. :facepalm

Unless you've played football games with the same mate for the last 5 years. We actually can't play each other, it's pointless. Always finishes 0-0 in the most dire games ever. Legendary, playing together though, and even that's too easy :p

----------

Defensively, just try and mark your man, and have one of you use R1 to pressure with the Cpu. Only one of you! Also, if playing together, being good at using manual through balls really helps :)

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unless you've played football games with the same mate for the last 5 years. We actually can't play each other, it's pointless. Always finishes 0-0 in the most dire games ever. Legendary, playing together though, and even that's too easy :p

----------

Defensively, just try and mark your man, and have one of you use R1 to pressure with the Cpu. Only one of you! Also, if playing together, being good at using manual through balls really helps :)
:eek:

Legendary.. Too easy? Feck you must have a good mate.:p

My mate drives me nuts.. We play good football for 2 thirds of the pitch, but whether its greed for goals or just dumbarse-ness we just fail at getting good chances.

Although lately we decided to give up our Arsenal save (him being a Chelsea fan, me being a United fan we had to go a neutral team) and chose Athetico Madrid in the La Liga and are now dominating..

I think its because we've decided to talk to each other now when creating chances.. Yeah we sound like nobs but it works haha. Its a must when trying to pinpoint through balls and making runs towards goal. Noob question.. R1 to pressure with the CPU? Is this somethin' introduced this year, didn't even know about it? We play on the 360 with 'alternate' controls (cant let go of PES6:p) so reckon it will still be the R1 equivalent?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
R1 to pressure is on the old versions, not with the new defending.

Love playing with my mate, even if we do blame each other when things go horribly wrong. I remember on FIFA 10 we did a Crystal Palace season. We finished 2nd by a point or something, and he said it was because of one single moment: me scoring an own goal from our halfway way line whilst leading 1-0 in a mid-season game :p

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
471021740.png

Built my team on pace :p.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors

----------

lol same here. Legendary is actually too easy for me so if I want proper competition I have to use a weak team or go online.

I play with my brother and I have a really defensive style of game while he has a more attacking style. I win about 70% of the time. I understand my defence and all that. I can also do an attacking style of play but that usually leads to me losing more games due to exposing my defence. With my defensive game I dominate possession and just pass it all day, until I see a good pass, I might do a chipped through ball or on the ground. He will go the whole game without getting a chance sometimes :D

I use to play Football(soccer) and I was in the regional team lol so I know a lot about it. For defence I make sure I always...ALWAYS have 4 men acting as a wall. I try make my midfielders do the tackling so I have as many defenders as possible. If I don't have a choice then yeah try tackle with 1 defender, just don't leave any holes exposed.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Sounds like you have put too much thought into it ;)

I'm a pretty good FIFA player, as the guys who have played me on here will testify, and my mates who I beat most of the time. Haven't got FIFA12 yet though due to a lack of money, and my PS3 is broken now anyway.

Think me and a couple of mates are going to have a session tomorrow night. Last time I failed to lose any. Got to love bragging rights!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Sounds like you have put too much thought into it ;)

I'm a pretty good FIFA player, as the guys who have played me on here will testify, and my mates who I beat most of the time. Haven't got FIFA12 yet though due to a lack of money, and my PS3 is broken now anyway.

Think me and a couple of mates are going to have a session tomorrow night. Last time I failed to lose any. Got to love bragging rights!

Pffft, you're average :p.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Yea, online only works when the other person has a great connection and you do too. Just a second of lag and you can play a through pass and put a player through on goal. Last person I played online was Ollie. Don't remember how it finished but I remember he was a lot better than the first few times I played him.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I just signed David Villa for ?30m! Whoo!

He's bloody injury prone!! In his first three matches, he's had a sprained ankle and a femur contusion. He's spent more time in the treatment room than on the damn pitch!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
R1 still pressures on the new game. It brings a CPU controlled player to close down the man. With a combination of that and using X yourself to maintain position should barely ever leave too many spaces. The moment you commit yourself in FIFA, is the moment they dance through you and score. In the middle of the park, using R1 is essential as you can watch the runner or the men in space and make them run out of options. (Alternate obviously as well, who the hell didn't get used to Pro buttons!)

So far online, I'm sitting at a rather healthy 26 wins, 10 draws and 6 defeats (10, but 4 of them were my internet disconnecting while leading, not impressed).

For the record (like anyone was keeping one) I actually play by myself on World Class still. I like not having to pay too much attention when playing FIFA which I find tough on Ledge. Which is a good thing, as every football game since Sensible Soccer has been dumped straight on the hardest level and become challengeless after about a week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread