IPL Final Match: Royal Challengers Banglore vs Deccan Charges

You know what would be awesome? Presenting the trophy to Deccan.

well done to DC and hard luck to RBC,a superb performance by kumble even today....a true legend.These two teams along with the daredevils have now qualified for the champions trophy,which should be awesome with all the respective champions of all major cricketing nations being present.....no team from pak though and they cant even sue this time.

Whoa:eek:
That was a spectacular closing ceremony!

Akon rockd and the fire dance was awesome!!!
and there was something better than that...obviously DECCAN lifting the trophy!

Gilchrist rocks!!!!!
Jai HO!!!

Oh yes Oh yes! I dont care if test cricket died. If the format is strong enough and great enough, it should survive on its own merit. Twenty20 is a platform for business using cricket. You cant stop people from trying out new areas of business. If test/ODI cricket cant survive, its the problem of those formats.

I enjoy T20 cricket more than any format right now. A good tight test match still wins for me, but those are rarities (in T20, even games between unequal teamss bring up tight situations which I love).

...and that's the attitude that could destroy cricket for me.

Modi:hpraise
what a genius,
spectacular final with spectacular closing ceremony,btw simply shocked with miss bollywood choice,the winner women is a simply a copy of rakhi sawant :D
Btw well played jumbo,gilly:hpraise
KKR must learn something form DC:mad:

Last edited:
Modi:hpraise
what a genius,
spectacular final with spectacular closing ceremony,btw simply shocked with miss bollywood choice,the winner women is a simply a copy of rakhi sawant :D
Btw we played jumbo,gilly:hpraise
KKR must learn something form DC:mad:

What's wrong with Rakhi Sawant? :p

Test Cricket>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T20 Cricket

there was no vB on this game today, i would have put my whole bank on DC today :D

MacLovin added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Dune.jpg

well done to DC and hard luck to RBC,a superb performance by kumble even today....a true legend.These two teams along with the daredevils have now qualified for the champions trophy,which should be awesome with all the respective champions of all major cricketing nations being present.....no team from pak though and they cant even sue this time.

The two sides from SA are already picked for that. It will be the Cape Cobras and Diamond Eagles. I suspect Gibbs will have to play for the chargers?? His SA franchise is the Cobras.

Kumble tried hard,but anyway congratulations to DC who were on the last sopt in last year's IPL1 edition,ans RCB were second last i guess,both have done well in this series...

Finally IPL2 comes to an end,thank you players,teams,sponsors,SA and other people who made it possbile...

Chennai and Rajasthan should feel hard done by because they couldnt get the chance to contest in the Champions League last year and this year, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Delhi have got into that league.

The Chargers peaked at the right time and lucky for them their bowlers turned up after their batters put in a par batting performance. Kumble finished the tournament like he started it with a bunch of wickets. Good effort by Bangalore.

...and that's the attitude that could destroy cricket for me.

i'm more of a fan of test cricket but I believe that test cricket should survive on it's own merits and not be molly coddled as the best by default.

I hope for one that the example of the twenty20 tournaments (the wc and two IPLs) will set an example to boards across the world on how to run cricket better.

is it any wonder test cricket is in trouble when the alternative to the IPL was the awful 2 test series in england against the west indies. I watched that and derived almost no pleasure from it ( in the first test it was a bit interesting and some good bowling by england and a rescue job by bopara made it slightly compelling, but it was over about 6 wickets into the west indies first innings)

lesson 1. stop doing it half-hearted. this IPL could easily have been a muted affair given that they had to move the entire thing to another country. that's no small feat. Yet they still managed to go all out, provide a pretty good atmosphere, and to be quite frank, the matches there looked to mean more to these players for franchises (kumble's fist pumping, wild celebrations on winning matches, the deliberation over the death overs with captains conferring every ball) than that series did for the west indies, who moped through the whole thing complaining about the cold. who on earth gives a damn about a hastily arranged series stupidly early in the summer against two mismatched teams, and to make matters worse they put one of the tests as far north as they possibly could.

also, we get the ashes this year and then what? when do the top teams next meet? when do we get a re-run of the exciting border-gavaskar or south africa v australia? oh rights right, in like 4 years because one series they scheduled within 8 months after they'd finished one, and the other they played back to back.

Last edited:
So guys, did you catch the presentation ceremony? What happened there? I mean, who won the various awards? MoT, MoM..etc? I'm curious.

Users who are viewing this thread