Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually great timing. Pakistan has just won the match and now I can watch that match, which will start about 17 minutes from now.

I don't know if you can watch it Zexy just noticed that it is only for Aussie and Engish viewers :(

Australia score! 1-0, go you good thing.

I am liking the way as soon as Australia win a match to get into the World Cup, all of a sudden you Aussies flock into the Football Thread ;)

Any other time you wouldnt look twice at this thread :p

"You only sing, when your winning! sing when your winnnnnnning! You only sing when your winnning! sing when your winning!

;)

Because we have nothing to talk about that we can take pride in. We could talk about our players but you would disregard them. We could talk about the new A-League, but you would see it as inferior and not worth interest.

You wouldn't walk into a thread to declare how much you suck would you?

Otherwise we are mainly discussing the English Premier League and UEFA, which isn't particularly easy to follow in Australia. You can keep up with results and the ladder, but even A-League games aren't on free-to-air.

angryangy said:
Because we have nothing to talk about that we can take pride in. We could talk about our players but you would disregard them. We could talk about the new A-League, but you would see it as inferior and not worth interest.

You wouldn't walk into a thread to declare how much you suck would you?

Otherwise we are mainly discussing the English Premier League and UEFA, which isn't particularly easy to follow in Australia. You can keep up with results and the ladder, but even A-League games aren't on free-to-air.

Why would we disregard your players? Almost all of them play in England.

Also, hard to watch? The Premiership is broadcast all around the world. Pretty much every other nation gets more games live than we do in England, which is bizarre I know. Go to a pub/bar. They will air games.

aussie1st said:
I don't know if you can watch it Zexy just noticed that it is only for Aussie and Engish viewers :(

Australia score! 1-0, go you good thing.

Like I said they were showing it on TV, because of Hiddink's involvence. But still thanks for telling that.

I didn't watch such match with that amount of foul play for a long time. If I was referee I would have redcarded 2 persons on both sides at the end of the nineties minutes. Luckily the referee knew what's in stake and he kept his temper.

Last time Australia was in the World Cup was in 1974. 32 years of wait. :clap Finally they can play again with the big boys I hope for them they do better then last time when they finished fourth in the first round.

JamesyJames3 said:
Why would we disregard your players? Almost all of them play in England.

Also, hard to watch? The Premiership is broadcast all around the world. Pretty much every other nation gets more games live than we do in England, which is bizarre I know. Go to a pub/bar. They will air games.

Its not on free to air. So if you don't have Pay tv you obviously can't watch it. Plus the time zone difference. Only the hard out soccer fans would watch the EPL.

ZexyZahid said:
Like I said they were showing it on TV, because of Hiddink's involvence. But still thanks for telling that.

I didn't watch such match with that amount of foul play for a long time. If I was referee I would have redcarded 2 persons on both sides at the end of the nineties minutes. Luckily the referee knew what's in stake and he kept his temper.

Last time Australia was in the World Cup was in 1974. 32 years of wait. :clap Finally they can play again with the big boys I hope for them they do better then last time when they finished fourth in the first round.

Thats good at least you didn't miss our great keeper saving 2 goals out of 4 penalty shoot out. What a legend he is.

Results from tonights other World Cup Playoffs:

Bahrain 0-1 Trinidad & Tobago (Trinidad win 2-1 on aggregate)
Czech Republic 1-0 Norway (Agg: 2-0)
Slovakia 1-1 Spain (Agg: 2-6)
Turkey 4-2 Switzerland(Agg: 4-4, Switzerland win on away goals)

Full list of qualifers (by zone):

African Zone (5 Teams)

Angola
Ivory Coast
Togo
Ghana
Tunisia

Asian Zone (4 Teams)
Japan
Iran
South Korea
Saudi Arabia

European Zone (14 Teams)

Germany (Host)
Ukraine
Netherlands
Poland
England
Croatia
Italy
Portugal
Sweden
Serbia and Montenegro
France
Switzerland
Spain
Czech Republic

North, Central American and Caribbean Zone (4 Teams)

USA
Mexico
Costa Rica
Trinidad and Tobago

Oceanian Zone (1 Team)

Australia

South American Zone (4 Teams)

Argentina
Brazil
Ecuador
Paraguay

Jarryd said:
Why was my post from last night deleted? Thats a bloody joke.

COME ON!! YEAHHH!!
because like this one, it was spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread