Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The form United are in at the moment, I wouldnt rule us out of the title race. Yes, its 9 points, but bearing in mind we still have to play chelsea, which will probably decide our own fate, and Liverpool still have to play Chelsea, anything is possible. Chelsea will lose again this season,, and a few more draws will help us close the gap on them.

The last 3 times Manchester United have been 2nd on Christmas day, they have gone on to win the Premiership.

ZexyZahid said:
Liverpool lost the match against Sao Paulo: 1-0. I would have watched it, but didn't watch it, because I forgot to watch.

Sao Paulo 1-0 Liverpool
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4533980.stm

I watched the highlights of Chelsea vs Arsenal. Arsenal's goal was disallowed for offside for no reason. But in the end Chelsea took the victory. They have now 20 points lead over Arsenal. It will be a big task for Arsenal to even grab the second spot, which is now 11 points away from them.
Arsenal according to me might just manage it to finish in the top 4 by the end of the season. Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U are pretty much guaranteed to end 1st 2nd 3rd respectively, and with Tottenham and Bolton looking increasingly impressive, it will be difficult for Arsenal to get that final Champions League spot.

It's called sportsmanship, all people in sporting positions lik Jose should be sporting. Setting a bad example.

Sureshot said:
It's called sportsmanship, all people in sporting positions lik Jose should be sporting. Setting a bad example.

I agree with that, but it seems pointless if the shake is forced and there gonna slag each other off at the end.

Sureshot said:
Just a bit, mourinho really pisses me off at times.

I mean is it really that hard to shake someones hand?

You're talking about that he didn't give Wenger a hand?

And did you guys also see how he gave hands to his fellow colleagues when the victory was certain. Strange way to do it.

themuel1 said:
I agree with that, but it seems pointless if the shake is forced and there gonna slag each other off at the end.

So, he should be setting an example to the 1,000s of kids who watched the game.

What does he care?
We lost the match because the Linesman forgot to clean his contact lenses :p
Sami Hyypia's goal, it went out and came back in! He must of been seeing things there. Sissoko's goal was not offside Liverpool win the match 2-1! Sao Paulo played well but they are contraversial champions to say the least!

Sureshot said:
So, he should be setting an example to the 1,000s of kids who watched the game.

How would them shaking hands have set an example?! They moaned about each other after the game. You don't think the "voyeur" comment has already sealed the fate of those two, never getting on.

I think its good that Wenger and Mouriniho are arguing. Takes the focus of Ferguson and Wenger. Wenger clearly has problems with other managers.

Shaking hands after a football match wont set much of an example if anything. Most kids watching probably wont know of the feud anyway.

Adults will, but we already know what we should/shouldnt do (with the odd exception ;))

How can the Kids miss the feud, it's right infront of their eyes when they're watching Sky Sports News or Match of the Day! All footballers set a bad example, arguing all the time, some people can get so worked up about tiny little things and then just lash out. It's poisoning the game and it should stop right now!

Sureshot said:
Just a bit, mourinho really pisses me off at times.

I mean is it really that hard to shake someones hand?
For an arrogant fool like him?You bet ya! ;)

And i saw another one of Essiens shocking tackles.He's not playing in the desert with bare feet,i mean,c'mon.Aweful tackle!

Well if your saying kids copy what footballs do, then expect England to do very well in diving at the Commonwealth games next year;)

hondeyho said:
How can the Kids miss the feud, it's right infront of their eyes when they're watching Sky Sports News or Match of the Day! All footballers set a bad example, arguing all the time, some people can get so worked up about tiny little things and then just lash out. It's poisoning the game and it should stop right now!

The feud isnt discussed on match of the day in detail so no its not right infront of them.

Yes it may be on Sky Sports News, but generally kids wont care about the managers. Its the players they look up to.

.::Stevo::. said:
Well if your saying kids copy what footballs do, then expect England to do very well in diving at the Commonwealth games next year;)

And the Aussies lots of shouting at the refs(ala Warney) ;)

sachin said:
And i saw another one of Essiens shocking tackles.He's not playing in the desert with bare feet,i mean,c'mon.Aweful tackle!

Essien says he isn't a dirty player, I'm sure he's not. But he's not very good at tackling and very, very aggresive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread