Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldinho and Henry play in a identical position.

It just wouldn't work, like Bridge and Cole playing in the same England team.

No its not like Bridge and Cole playing in the same team. You can play Henry as a striker, and Ron behind him in an attacking midfield position.

m_vaughan said:
They have won 9 more European championships than your Arsenal though.

And I dont see why Ron and Henry cant play together. The former can play just behind the latter. Excellent combination imo, and deadly.

Both Ron and Laporta have said that they want Henry in the team next season, and Laporta even went to the extent of saying that he would do all that it needs to get the French striker to the Nou Camp.

I think it is pretty clear where he will be going come the end of the season.
Sorry :rolleyes: They REALLY(!) suck at the MOMENT!They may as well have no defence at all ;) I would be extremely disappointed if Henry left for Spain. :noway

m_vaughan said:
No its not like Bridge and Cole playing in the same team. You can play Henry as a striker, and Ron behind him in an attacking midfield position.
Are you going to play him with Et'oo?Or just dump Et'oo?

I don't think it will happen. Barca will bring Messi through aswell. Henry isn't a striker, RVn is a striker, Henry is a Forward, like ronnie.

Another interesting news: I mentioned a few months ago that Huntelaar from SC Heerenveen will be next big thing coming from the Netherlands. Guess what. He's taken the major step now and is gone to Ajax for 4.5 years. :) PSV and Feyenoord were also interested in him, but he took the wise decision to go to Ajax. And Heerenveen is the same club for which Van Nistelrooij played before he went to PSV to team up with Luc Nilis the frontline attack. I am guessing in that 4.5 years Huntelaar will be sold for a club, who has more money in Europe.

Tottenham Hotspurs are talking about Vlaar, defender from AZ. He is being called the next Jaap Stam, who plays for AC Milan. A good player, but a thing to mention about him. When the Netherlands against Italy with 1-3 he costed all the goals, including one own goal.

hassan1823 said:
arsenal have got van persie a star striker in the making

Manchester United have Wayne Rooney a star striker already (Forward actually) :p

Meh, he still scores and obeys the offside rule (Unlike school footie), 140 in 170 for RVn, that's brilliant, whether he scores from 1 yard or 20.

Sureshot said:
Commons is back in contention for us tomorrow :D

Brilliant news.

Who is this Commons?

hassan1823 said:
arsenal have got van persie a star striker in the making

He is supposed to follow up Bergkamp's spot. He didn't have a great start. But this year he is finally having a breakthrough. But still I wouldn't favour him playing in the final eleven of the national side, just because they are way better players then him.

And just to tell an interesting story: I saw this guy in real life from some meters from my nose. Felt an itchy feeling in beating him, since he used to play for Feyenoord. And not cause of that: he had a bad attitude also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread