Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sureshot said:
Oi, the world clock revolves around GMT :p
Oi,Pommie!We get New Years before you! :mad: Now that is settled,lets move on.

JamesyJames3 said:
Was in row 1 at Old Trafford yesterday. I hate being at the front though. You cant see half the action nearly aswell as you can 20 rows back.
Is that because the ground is curved?

sachin said:
Oi,Pommie!We get New Years before you! :mad: Now that is settled,lets move on.

Is that because the ground is curved?

Nope,nothing to do with the ground shape. Its just to look right down the line you have to look over about 200 other people. Its not so bad if your behind the goal in front row, but on the sides its awful!

Boxing day I was 3rd row and it was just as bad! I hope I dont get a seat like that with my season ticket next year.

Everytime i think of pommie i think of Apple :D

Mouthwatering game on Tuesday night between Arsenal and United, United will win it.

Smell the sarcasm between me and Sachin :D

I would say between that match Manchester United is the favourite for me too. And there always happens something around that match. I wonder how many red cards there will be this time.

ZexyZahid said:
I would say between that match Manchester United is the favourite for me too. And there always happens something around that match. I wonder how many red cards there will be this time.

Probably none, seeing as Viera and Keane have both left the clubs. However, yes I agree, United should win this one. If we control Henry we will win.

Sureshot said:
Everytime i think of pommie i think of Apple :D

Mouthwatering game on Tuesday night between Arsenal and United, United will win it.

Smell the sarcasm between me and Sachin :D
I don't really like Apples,bananas are more my go :) I'll bet we loose,bloody no-hopers :mad:

JamesyJames3 said:
Probably none, seeing as Viera and Keane have both left the clubs. However, yes I agree, United should win this one. If we control Henry we will win.
Which is the problem with Arsenal at the moment,you shouldn't be able to control Henry and think you'll win the match just because you control him!

sachin said:
I don't really like Apples,bananas are more my go :) I'll bet we loose,bloody no-hopers :mad:

Which is the problem with Arsenal at the moment,you shouldn't be able to control Henry and think you'll win the match just because you control him!

Well, the rest of Arsenal's team is pretty average. This year I would say 5th best team in the Premiership, and I think you will finish 5th. with the top 4 being United, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool (in no particular order).

Liverpool 2-2 Bolton. Bolton are sooooooooooo boring :p. Liverpool deserved to win.

Game of the day: Wycombe 4-5 Macclesfield.
Maccleseifled went 3-0 up.
Wycombe went 4-3 up
Then Macclesfield 5-4 :eek:

Dont miss out the mighty Bradford's game with Brentford!

Brentford 2-0 up inside 25 minutes, then Bradford pulled it back before half time to 2-1. After half time Brentford go 3-1 up but with 12 minutes to go Wetherall makes it 3-2 to make things interesting. Then in the 89th minute Bradford get a penalty and the rest is history. Finishes 3-3 and we were unlucky not to win it at the end :D

Drewska said:
Liverpool 2-2 Bolton. Bolton are sooooooooooo boring :p. Liverpool deserved to win.

Game of the day: Wycombe 4-5 Macclesfield.
Maccleseifled went 3-0 up.
Wycombe went 4-3 up
Then Macclesfield 5-4 :eek:

Chelsea are the most boring side to watch.

themuel1 said:
Chelsea are the most boring side to watch.

Sometimes they can be, but how can you call them boring when they score 2,3 or 4 goal's in alot of their games! Thats a class side, whether you United fans like it or not. I'm not a Chelsea fan by the way.

stevie said:
Sometimes they can be, but how can you call them boring when they score 2,3 or 4 goal's in alot of their games! Thats a class side, whether you United fans like it or not. I'm not a Chelsea fan by the way.

Quite easily. Chelsea use a boring tactic of sitting back until they can break and grab a 1-0 lead. Then they do more boring stuff by defending that lead until they know the opposition throw everything at them. Then they counter and kill the game off.

On the other hand an exciting team is always looking for more goals. This is United and how Arsenal used to be.

stevie said:
Chelsea score goals, but only against the West Ham's and Sunderland's of this world, against the big teams they score and then shut up shop, they did it against Wigan a couple of weeks ago (not saying Wigan are a big team but a prime example of it)

I cant wait to see Barcelona demolish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread