Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
m_vaughan said:
Fulham did score a second goal after Manure's what should have been disallowed one.

Haha, when was the last time you scored 7 goals in a match anyways?

No, because if the goal would have been disallowed it would have been 2-1 and a whole different game. Do you actually know what your talking about?

My guess at the last time we scored 7 would be against Forrest I think when we won 8-1 away. season 1999-2000

Norwich City 1-2 Ipswich Town. A decent match, and the Ipswich winner should have been disallowed. Disappointment again for Canaries fans.

Ste said:
Does anyone else think that Football should be played on grass?

LOL - Yeah, I've noticed a massive deterioration in Premiership pitches this year, what the hell is going on? Anything to do with the lack of rain?

United's pitch is usually one of the best around.....

Drewska said:
Football the man's game + Arjen Robben.

LOL - I'd love to see a player, after being sent off, proper Duncan Ferguson punch a diver and cheat such as Robben. He should be the one being banned, not Reina. If Robben hadn't fallen to the floor, Reina wouldn't have been dismissed.

These foreign flimsy's such as Reyes (the worst one, I swear he's gay) and Robben should be chucked put of English football.

themuel1 said:
These foreign flimsy's such as Reyes (the worst one, I swear he's gay) and Robben should be chucked put of English football.

Yeah, and Mr. Christiano Ronaldo should be awarded the most honest player in the Premiership award. Right?

JamesyJames3 said:
No, because if the goal would have been disallowed it would have been 2-1 and a whole different game. Do you actually know what your talking about?

My guess at the last time we scored 7 would be against Forrest I think when we won 8-1 away. season 1999-2000
Whats wrong with you? Fulham score their second before Manure scored the 4th goal. It was 3-2 for most part of the game, and without that offside goal, it would have 2-2.

m_vaughan said:
Yeah, and Mr. Christiano Ronaldo should be awarded the most honest player in the Premiership award. Right?

Whats wrong with you? Fulham score their second before Manure scored the 4th goal. It was 3-2 for most part of the game, and without that offside goal, it would have 2-2.

No Ronaldo doesn't, but he does go down after being slapped. He's more respectable than Mrs Robben.

Whats wrong with James? Whats wrong with you?!!! For christ sake. Yes, the score would have been 2-2, but whos to say what would have happened in the second half? Remember, Manchester United scored again, so working on your principals, the score was 3-2!!!

m_vaughan said:

No, you cant say that. If the goal would have been dissallowed, it would have been 2-1 and a whole different match. Who is to say Fulham would of scored. You cant make acqusations like that.

JamesyJames3 said:

Oi :mad

United would've won anyway, with Rooney, Saha and RVN, they'd have found a way to goal past that Fulham defence.

Reina should have been sent off anyway after that tackle on Gudjohnsen. :eek:

And I heard Rafa went to visit Robben in the hospital! :p

Ok as an Aussie i find Soccer (cant call it football) extremely boring.
I follow Liverpool(kewell) and will occasionally watch them play.
Plus any time Australia plays i will watch that.

Why dont they make the goals a total of 5 foot wider and 1-2 foot taller. To allow more goals.
A soccer match would be like going to the cricket and only seeing 2 boundaries hit all day or just 2 wickets all day and no boundaries.
So boring.

Plus why do they have offsides?
I cant see any point for them to have that rule, yes i understand how it works but i see no point.

gold639 said:
Reina should have been sent off anyway after that tackle on Gudjohnsen. :eek:

And I heard Rafa went to visit Robben in the hospital! :p

It wasn't the greatest tackle but no more than a yellow, he did win the ball but it was from behind.

Sman-21 said:

Why dont they make the goals a total of 5 foot wider and 1-2 foot taller. To allow more goals.
A soccer match would be like going to the cricket and only seeing 2 boundaries hit all day or just 2 wickets all day and no boundaries.
So boring.

I cant see any point for them to have that rule, yes i understand how it works but i see no point.

Offsides - otherwise strikers could hang around the goal all game, making for an incredibly boring specticle. The point in football is that matches are generally close, it takes some skill to actually score. Many of us English believe your take on "football" to be just as boring as you find "soccer". Remembering matches are only 90 minutes opposed to an all day test.

Sman-21 said:

So boring.

That offside comment is the stupidist thing I have ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread