Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JamesyJames3 said:
That offside comment is the stupidist thing I have ever read.

I'm sure you will top that when you become a journalist :p

Yes, it was stupid.

themuel1 said:
I'm sure you will top that when you become a journalist :p

Yes, it was stupid.

The most important thing is I will be getting paid for stupid comments ;)

JamesyJames3 said:
The most important thing is I will be getting paid for stupid comments ;)

That's a very good point :D .

I'm calling for Robben (the complete opposite to the superheros sidekick) to recieve at least a three game ban for that dive. Yeah, I know it won't happen, but wouldn't it be nice?

I should run the FA, Elisha Cuthbert shall be my secretary..... :D

themuel1 said:
Offsides - otherwise strikers could hang around the goal all game, making for an incredibly boring specticle. The point in football is that matches are generally close, it takes some skill to actually score. Many of us English believe your take on "football" to be just as boring as you find "soccer". Remembering matches are only 90 minutes opposed to an all day test.
I understand what your getting at it hear,but there is no way AFL (in general) can be called boring.You may not like it,but it is not boring.

Mido has been banned by the Egyptian team for 6 games (international games) and has been released by the Coach, so is available for spurs next game.

----

Wembley not expected to be ready for FA Cup final. :mad:

Last edited:
News Flash!!!!!!

The venue for beach volleyball at the London 2012 Olympics has just been confirmed. Below is an artists impression of venue

Attachments

• london2012.jpg
    london2012.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 12
Kevmead you are a legend! How come they can play with world-class players week in week out and yet not be able to maintain a pitch. Question is who ate all the pies?

hondeyho said:
Kevmead you are a legend! How come they can play with world-class players week in week out and yet not be able to maintain a pitch. Question is who ate all the pies?
Its not a new problem either
press1.jpg

this is stamford bridge in 2003

kevmead said:
Its not a new problem either
press1.jpg

this is stamford bridge in 2003

Wish that were Brighton Beach! :D

.....the tide could come in and sweep all of the Chelski players away! :p

Pitches always get like this at this time of the year. Fixture congestion results in the pitches getting torn up. Old Trafford is exactly the same at the moment. United dont have a home games for 5 weeks now though, so it will get time to recover.

Charlton 2- Liverpool 0 WOOHOHOHOHOHOO!O!O!!!!!!!

Real Zaragoza 6 Real Madrid 1 (shock)

oh yeah, that Russain team won aswell.

Another thing: I think the Glazer's are reconsidering this Old Trafford rename. They would be wise not to do it!

JamesyJames3 said:
Pitches always get like this at this time of the year. Fixture congestion results in the pitches getting torn up. Old Trafford is exactly the same at the moment. United dont have a home games for 5 weeks now though, so it will get time to recover.

No excuse when you've got as much money as they have.

Bring in turf from Abroad lay the whole pitch in 2 days.

Fine them like they do in cricket.

And not all pitches are like that, in fact to the contrary I would say out of the Top 2 divisions + Forest (the Wembley groundsman is our old groundsman) the majority have better pitches.

Right. Morientes needs to f*ck off. Fowler needs a half decent ball to do something with. Sissoko needs to learn hwo to kick a ball straight. That is all.

And Crouch needs some weight training to be evacuated from the posh spice club.

Sureshot said:
No excuse when you've got as much money as they have.

Bring in turf from Abroad lay the whole pitch in 2 days.

Fine them like they do in cricket.

And not all pitches are like that, in fact to the contrary I would say out of the Top 2 divisions + Forest (the Wembley groundsman is our old groundsman) the majority have better pitches.

With all due respect, the leagues below the Premiership dont have as big a fixture congestion due to them not being international players.

Also clubs cant keep buying new pitches. It is a waste of funds as pitches do recover. Plus the top players should be able to play on surfaces like this. After all, they have been brought up on this sort of pitch, like me and you have played on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread