Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah chelsea have lost it

2 british teams to got through i can see Ranger and Arsenal, maybe liverpool but not Chelsea

The mighty Barca showed Chelsea who the daddy is :D

I jumped for joy when Eto'o scored, what a moment :)

Barca to cruise through and lose in the final to Thierry Henry :D

Del Horno was unlucky, was a terrible tackle, I don't think he intended to go for the ball in the first place he was that late.

Never a Red though.

What I saw he clearly attacked the legs. I watched two different channels and they said the same. But red was a bit too harsh. But it affected the outcome of the match. Don't understand why the first Barcelona goal was given to Terry. I have seen some bigger deflection given to the original shooter of the ball.

Nonetheless, it was a great day today. Ajax came 2-0 at half time and gave away their lead to Inter Milan, who went on to draw 2-2. Rangers also drew with the same score with Villareal.

But the biggest surprise of the evening is Werder Bremen beating Juventus with 3-2. Although I still favour Juventus to go through.

And here is a picture. Something you wouldn't expect before today.

Last edited:
I think Red was fair, awful tackle by Del Horno. I was laughing so much when Terry put it in his net - 2 own goals in 2 games, Chelsea's defence is at it's weakest. Barca will win the second leg - they've just got too many fans for the Chelsea fans to out voice them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4737848.stm

Here's something that'll cause an argument - diving to get a player sent off? Your players do that job mate *cough*Robben*cough*

Last edited:
Go Henry!Gi Henry!Go HENRY!Maybe a touch late..............but go Arsenal!Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!I watched Chelsea v Barca and i thought the Red card was a bit soft. Chelsea were lucky they didn't concede more goals,Barca were killing them near the end of the game.

honeydho said:
Chelsea's defence is at it's weakest.

Not true. Barca could have scored 5 by the end of the game if it wasn't for great defending, they were thrashing us after the equalizer. Harsh on Terry, he was by far the best player on the pitch, and he did not deserve to be on the losing side. :p

Del Horno shouldn't have been sent off, but it was a horrible tackle. He was clearly going for the player, not for the ball.

We could've held on to 1-1, if Mourinho would have brought on Maniche instead of SWP. Bringing on SWP was a very poor decision.

What?

Messi was the best despite his controversy.

But hey, Argentinian maestro, long hair, silky skills, controversial, remind you of someone?

Ronnie was a bit missing last night.

Sureshot said:
What?

Messi was the best despite his controversy.

But hey, Argentinian maestro, long hair, silky skills, controversial, remind you of someone?

Ronnie was a bit missing last night.

No.....who? :p

LMAO what a hypocrite Mouriniho is!!!! Complaining about diving when he has the worst culpret in the Premiership playing for him - Robben. Also, is it a culture at Stamford bridge to not give blatent handballs!? Jesus christ, first Terry, now Geremi! What was the ref doing?

Nah Geremis was ball to hand, no way could've got out of it, would defy human reaction if he did.

Sureshot said:
Nah Geremis was ball to hand, no way could've got out of it, would defy human reaction if he did.

I disagree. Geremi's arm was up hit him on the arm in the box. Thats a penalty, no doubt. You have to keep your hands down in that sort of situation, only then is it ball to hand.

Sureshot said:

No, his hand was up (very high, for no reason), it doesn't matter if he could have got out of the way.

Puyol should have been red carded. Chelsea were extremely unlucky, but I thought Barca were the better time on the night. We did well to take the lead with ten men on the pitch.

The game at Camp Nou will be our most important game in recent times. If we can somehow manage to make it through to the last eight, really it will be as good as winning the final itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread