Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
themuel1 said:
No.....who? :p

LMAO what a hypocrite Mouriniho is!!!! Complaining about diving when he has the worst culpret in the Premiership playing for him - Robben. Also, is it a culture at Stamford bridge to not give blatent handballs!? Jesus christ, first Terry, now Geremi! What was the ref doing?

Have you forgotten about Edmilson's hand ball? :rolleyes:

themuel1 said:
No, his hand was up (very high, for no reason), it doesn't matter if he could have got out of the way.
So you do know a lot more about football than Andy Gray and Rob Hawthorne.

It was 12 vs 10 yesterday, with Barca's star performer being their new Norwegian signing Terje Hauge.

m_vaughan said:
It was 12 vs 10 yesterday, with Barca's star performer being their new Norwegian signing Terje Hauge.
:D

Looking at the replay of the match, Ferreira actually did a much better job than Del Horno at controlling Messi. Messi was making Del Horno look like a schoolboy defender which is probably why Del Horno charged into him. :p

Is Gallas injured? If he's back for the next leg, I'd say our defence would be much stronger. Lampard wasn't much of an influence because half the time he was forced to go back to defend. This was because Essien was missing. Gudjohnsen was great, imo he should play up front and Joe Cole should be sacrificed for either Geremi or Maniche next leg.

m_vaughan said:
So you do know a lot more about football than Andy Gray and Rob Hawthorne.

It's opinion matey. Did George Best know more about football than Ferguson? He never rated Beckham in his prime and yet Ferguson did. Who was right? The handball - he had his hands up when trying to block a shot - end of story.

I'm from the same school of thought as themuel1 regarding handball, if your hands are up or outstretched when you go the block the ball you are asking for trouble and have to accept any punishment you get, if they are close to your body then fair enough, but the way Geremi went to block it, he had his arms extended and thus increased the range with which he could block.

You can never trust British commentators when British sides are in Europe, they are incredibly biased, although no one comes close to Ron Atkinson, who was quality in his bias lol

That said, in my opinion it was never a red card, and the ref had an absolute shocker in general. Seemed to be blowing up for nothing half the time :p

How can anyone call Robben the premierships worst diver... have they never seen Robert Pires play lol

puddleduck said:
I'm from the same school of thought as themuel1 regarding handball, if your hands are up or outstretched when you go the block the ball you are asking for trouble and have to accept any punishment you get, if they are close to your body then fair enough, but the way Geremi went to block it, he had his arms extended and thus increased the range with which he could block.

You can never trust British commentators when British sides are in Europe, they are incredibly biased, although no one comes close to Ron Atkinson, who was quality in his bias lol

That said, in my opinion it was never a red card, and the ref had an absolute shocker in general. Seemed to be blowing up for nothing half the time :p

How can anyone call Robben the premierships worst diver... have they never seen Robert Pires play lol

I like this guy, thinks like me :p Can never have to many Muel's! :D Or smilies! :D I forgot about Pires - but I'm talking about regular starters.

themuel1 said:
It's opinion matey. Did George Best know more about football than Ferguson? He never rated Beckham in his prime and yet Ferguson did. Who was right? The handball - he had his hands up when trying to block a shot - end of story.

To maybe protect his face?

Btw, i very rarely if ever support a Chelsea player.

Sureshot said:
To maybe protect his face?

Btw, i very rarely if ever support a Chelsea player.

wait a minute, are you trying to say Geremi was protecting his face?

Are you having a laugh?

Nah Sureshot the hands were outstretched away from his face, and that's the hand it hit, it could easily have been given and I'd have had no complaints, but at the same time it wasn't given and I don't think Barca can feel too harsly done by. Especially considering some of the decisions that went their way :p

I think I support Chelsea even more rarely than anyone else, afterall I'm almost a QPR fan and we spend most of the time when losing singing about how much "we hate Chelsea"... funny because I don't think most of the current batch of Chelsea fans even know where Loftus Road is lol

Sureshot said:
What?

Messi was the best despite his controversy.

But hey, Argentinian maestro, long hair, silky skills, controversial, remind you of someone?

Ronnie was a bit missing last night.
Yes, Messi was awesome.Imagine if both Ronnie and Messi are on song? :happy

Ohh, and i've got to add this one-"Some might call it Stamforde Beach!"
Great line.

puddleduck said:
funny because I don't think most of the current batch of Chelsea fans even know where Loftus Road is lol

I do know its in London and I do know its the home ground of QPR. :eek:

Well I do know about Loftus Road, and have actually been there (seen it from the outside).

I remember Fulham playing one season there not so long back, and Chelsea going and drawing a game there.

I've been in the away end at Loftus Road on a couple of occasions, back in the days of standing on the lower tier; pretty compact, crowd close to the pitch, good atmosphere.

JamesyJames3 said:
wait a minute, are you trying to say Geremi was protecting his face?

Are you having a laugh?

The thing is, you can't say it was Handball because he had no time to react to move his hands anyway, would never be given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread