Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Briggsey said:
Anyone watching the Barcelona game now, Eto'o is refusing to play after the racist abuse being poured towards him and it looks as if he's broke down into tears as well.

Its absolutely disgusting the amount of abuse towards black players in Spain and it really needs seeing to, FIFA need to act before some of the best players in the world give up playing because of it.

Looks as if Eto'o has been convinced to carry on, he's brave and ive got the utmost respect for him for doing what he's doing because racism has no place in any form of society.

It's disgraceful, just wish the ICC would condemn racism in Cricket, were it not for Zimbabwe our sport would be better.

Briggsey said:
Anyone watching the Barcelona game now, Eto'o is refusing to play after the racist abuse being poured towards him and it looks as if he's broke down into tears as well.

Its absolutely disgusting the amount of abuse towards black players in Spain and it really needs seeing to, FIFA need to act before some of the best players in the world give up playing because of it.

Looks as if Eto'o has been convinced to carry on, he's brave and ive got the utmost respect for him for doing what he's doing because racism has no place in any form of society.

Well, I agree 100% with you. I think though there are still racists at the top of the Spanish FA - remember, they didn't condemn what the Spanish manager said about Henry. Had that been in England, he'd have lost his job instantly. Also, why arn't FIFA banning Spain from Competitions both club and international? We got banned from Europe because of hooliganism, surely racism is just as bad if not worse ?

Liverpool have beaten, no dominated Man City but only managed to find the one goal again. We are now level on points with Man U who will have a game in hand that they will lose :D

4-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIT DOWN SHUT UP!!! SIT DOWN SHUT UP!!! @Briggs :p

Last edited:
Ste said:
At least Alan Smith will be at home enjoying it with his feet up.

Great win for smudge!

He has said personally he thinks he can be back in 8 months!!! That would be great! :)

Muelio your lucky, we would have been saying bye bye to you now if it were not for Manures victory :D

Briggsey said:
Muelio your lucky, we would have been saying bye bye to you now if it were not for Manures victory :D

Hardly a lucky win. Your lucky you didn't sleep with those "girls" cough transexuals cough. You'd have got a nasty suprise, ask Stevie! :p

Liverpool and Man United parade their silverware:

Attachments

• LiverpoolandManyooparadetheirsilver.jpg
    LiverpoolandManyooparadetheirsilver.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 7
Ste said:
Liverpool and Man United parade their silverware:

LiverpoolandManyooparadetheirsilver.jpg

Maybe I should of done this in 99 Ste! :mad:

That is your last trophy for another 5 years, so enjoy it!

Well, if it hadn't been for a crumbling, over confident AC Milan, Liverpool would have lost. I think the league is more revealing to how good a team is than the Chamions League. As we saw Liverpool can score in the CL and then defend all game = a boring specticule. When Liverpool next (if they ever do again) win the League, come back and brag Ste.

themuel1 said:
Well, if it hadn't been for a crumbling, over confident AC Milan, Liverpool would have lost. I think the league is more revealing to how good a team is than the Chamions League. As we saw Liverpool can score in the CL and then defend all game = a boring specticule. When Liverpool next (if they ever do again) win the League, come back and brag Ste.
And Bayern didnt crumble then, oh no that was a supurb fightback wasnt it :rolleyes:

kevmead said:
And Bayern didnt crumble then, oh no that was a supurb fightback wasnt it :rolleyes:

I don't disagree.....point is we won the league and FA Cup aswell and played entertaining football all season in Europe. The fact that United had Keane and Scholes, arguably the best midfielders in the world then suspended, DID make a huge difference.

themuel1 said:
I don't disagree.....point is we won the league and FA Cup aswell and played entertaining football all season in Europe. The fact that United had Keane and Scholes, arguably the best midfielders in the world then suspended, DID make a huge difference.
The fact that Bayern also thought they had the match won also made a HUGE difference as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread