Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hondeyho said:
I'm also keeping my eye on Scotland v Paraguay and Ireland v Sweden, two other teams in our World Cup group.
I think you mean Wales v Paraguay, it ended 0-0

Scotland lost 3-1 at home to Switzerland.

barmyarmy said:
Loving this picture. You can tell the game was at Analfield... :D

_41393900_crouchnumbers203.jpg

LOL! At the Beanpost!

gold639 said:
Did Gary Neville play yesterday? I wonder how the Liverpool fans treated him. :D

I was utterly ashamed how he was treated. There were some disgusting chants during the game aimed at him which I could not believe! I hope we never here the like at Anfield again :( :( :(

usy said:
I like your sig BTW, i dunn like that Player too...

Once a blue always a red in our hearts you are :gundown :getyou
Aye. Somebody made that sig for me a while ago on a football forum.

There was a great match yesterday. Italy beat Germany with 4-1 and the Germans were pretty down at that time. And the result could have been worse for them. And they even called Klinsmann to the office to explain the loss.

Argentina also shockingly lost to Croatia. After the 2-1 for Argentina, many thought they would overclass them. But in the end it was 3-2 for Croatia. Messi played a great match. He is one of the players to watch for.

Also Sweden lost to Ireland with 3-0.

Italy were the clear winners right from the beginning. The match was decided after 7 minutes when Italy made it 2-0. I dunno what Germany were trying to do. :S

m_vaughan said:
And Spain beat Ivory Coast 3-2 thanks to goals from David Villa, Juanito and Jose Antonio Reyes
It was great to see the anti-racism banners being displayed before the kick off by both teams, and also the Spanish fans applauded the Ivory Coast national anthem which was also a nice touch.

Sureshot said:
So the Spanish team held anti-racism banners up?

Now that's Irony!
Its a good thing to see. Ive always said that its just a certain group of lunatics who cause the problem, and the entire nation is blamed.

I think it shows they're serious about stamping it out and we should be applauding it. I remember being at Stamford Bridge in the late 80's when they were still throwing banana skins onto the pitch.

barmyarmy said:
I think it shows they're serious about stamping it out and we should be applauding it. I remember being at Stamford Bridge in the late 80's when they were still throwing banana skins onto the pitch.
We've come a long way since those days in this country and I dont recall a premiership match in the last 10 years or so which has been effected by racism. Its always going to be around though because there are always going to be the few ignorant and intollerant people about that feel it is their duty to make someone's life hell based on their skin colour.

m_vaughan said:
Its a good thing to see. Ive always said that its just a certain group of lunatics who cause the problem, and the entire nation is blamed.

The Spain FA are also to be blamed, they did nothing when Aragones racially abused Henry and they fined Zaragoza just 600 Euros when they abused Eto'o last year. Hopefully they've now changed.

barmyarmy said:

If they were serious about stamping it out is a fine of 800 Euros justifiable when 5,000+ fans are making racist chants?

Not sacking Aragones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread