Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
m_vaughan said:
Yeah....really??

Yes. They have always shaken hands at the end of the game. Gold, Kamara doesn't consistantly dive and make a meal out of things like Drogba.

Yep Sureshot so many reasons. One of which are some of the people that support it........

Last edited:
Here are some good stats for Liverpool fans ahead of Wednesday's game against Benfica :
. Liverpool have won all three matches against Benfica played in England, 4-1, 1-0 and 3-1.
. Benfica have lost seven of their eight matches in England, their only victory coming in November 1991 at Arsenal (1-3).
. Liverpool are unbeaten at home in the Champions League since Valencia won at Anfield in October 2002 (0-1) - a nine-game streak.
. Liverpool are yet to concede a goal at Anfield in this season's Champions League and have not conceded a home goal for four Champions League matches in total, (only once in all competitions since October 2nd and that was an Own Goal!)

And here are some damning facts against Chelsea ahead of their match :D :
. Barcelona have scored freely against Chelsea at home, winning all four meetings in the Nou Camp stadium, outscoring Chelsea 14-2.
. Other English clubs have rarely been successful at Barcelona, who have played 24 European home matches against English clubs and have lost only once (won 18, drawn five, lost one).
. That sole defeat came in the semi-final of the 1975/76 Uefa Cup, when Liverpool beat Barca 0-1, (just thought I'd like to rub it in)
. Barcelona are unbeaten in their last seven CL home matches. They've won the last four.

I love Pascal Chimbonda!!! The pub was rocking!! Gutted I couldnt get tickets though, there were empty seats! :mad:

:)

themuel1 said:
Gold, Kamara doesn't consistantly dive and make a meal out of things like Drogba.

Really? Since when did you start following WBA and Kamara?(ok I dont follow them either so whatever... :p).

@ Gold639 - Don't agree about Mourinho. What he is brilliant at is making himself the story and taking the pressure off the players.

In a very unprofessional way.

sachin said:
Wishing luck to Barca.Hopefully they have a decent pitch for the game.Unlike Stamforde Beach!

And lets hope Highburied isn't really burried, so the Real v Arsenal game can actually take place.

Highbury is the best pitch in England.

Let's hope Robben and Drogba suffer in some way or form.

Come on Chelsea, id give my right bollock to see them beat barca at their place.

30 minutes to go and it's still 0-0 at Barcelona vs Chelsea. I don't see Chelsea getting through the next round.

Its over for Chelsea now, I have to admit I normally want the English side to win in Europe but I actually cheered when Barca scored.

Edit: That was never a penalty

Last edited:
I agree with that. What was the referee thinking. He just costed me vCash just at the moment I thought I would be cashing it in. :mad:

Also Juventus escaped from being axed from the Champions League by a big mistake of the German keeper.

I have to say that this defeat was all of Chelea's making. They didn't win the group when they should have done and thus got a tie against Barca and then proceeded to wind up one of the if not the best team in Europe with pre-match shenanigans.
Ranieri got sacked for only making the semis so where does that leave Mourinho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread