Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
barmyarmy said:
Ranieri got sacked for only making the semis so where does that leave Mourinho?

But Ranieri had also just got 2nd place in the league(albeit against a brilliant Arsenal). If Chelsea win the title this year I reckon Mourinho will get another chance. After all, I doubt he's gonna resign anytime soon, and if Chelsea terminate his contract they'll lose millions(not that they care :p).

I agree with you, if Chelsea would've won the group they'd have played Benfica and Liverpool would've played Barca.

Ah well, I'll be cheering on Arsenal tonight. :)

ZexyZahid said:
Also Juventus escaped from being axed from the Champions League by a big mistake of the German keeper.

Yep, I watched that match side-by-side with the Chelsea v Barca one. When Micoud scored I thought it was over for Juventus, because they were just pathetic in the first half. Wiese was absolutely magnificent until that second-half error, which was absolutely heart-breaking. Juve might've deserved to win the match after all those chances created, but Werder deserve to go through. I hope they get drawn with Barca for the quarter-finals! Should be a cracker. :)

Did anyone see the game between Villarreal and Rangers?

Last edited:
I don't think Mourinho will be sacked. He will have another opportunity after 6 months or so, when the new competition begins.

Yeah, the German keeper made some great saves. But it was his own fault. He could have easily fetched the ball, without rolling through, which caused the ball slipping out of his hands. And I heard the bus of Villareal got targeted by Rangers' fans.

What a poor performance from Chelsea. Jose got the tatics wrong big time, time to play better football chelsea if you want to do better in europe. Very dissapointing.

ZexyZahid said:
I don't think Mourinho will be sacked. He will have another opportunity after 6 months or so, when the new competition begins.

Yeah, the German keeper made some great saves. But it was his own fault. He could have easily fetched the ball, without rolling through, which caused the ball slipping out of his hands. And I heard the bus of Villareal got targeted by Rangers' fans.

6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Were it not for him they'd have lost. Poor bloke.

Mourinho is certainly a bad loser who never blames a bad outcome on himself! I HATE HIM SO MUCH!

Same here Blonda. He reckons Barcelona only won because of Del Horno's sending off, saying "They couldn't win against 11 men" which is bull.

Simao has scored and Liverpool need 3 goals to win it now - they can do it like they did against Olympiakos last year but it'll need something special :(

Well the nine time champions are out once again. I still cant believe how Raul's shot dint go in.

Good performances by Benfica and Lyon. AC Milan producing a clinical display as well.

Seems to be a trophyless season now for Mr. Rafa Benitez.

Ye, We'll give Gerrard the Fa Cup. Really poor performance from the strikers, and Benfica's second goal showed that. Fowler scored again, and it got disalowwed again. Morientes MUST GO!!!

I am hoping that Ajax will qualify for the next round, but it will be difficult. They actually just gave away a 2-0 lead in Amsterdam. But Huntelaar of Ajax is in form. Maybe he can do something there.

Here is something I found about the Rangers incident.

Team bus pelted by Rangers fans
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4784322.stm

Rangers upset with Spanish safety
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4785184.stm

Rangers fans hit back at critics
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4788004.stm

Last edited:
I must say the result of the Milan vs Munich match was totally shocking! I was expecting to see a tight match, but Milan absolutely destroyed Bayern.

Excellent job by Lyon too, they've now got their revenge against PSV. Good performance by Benfica. The pick of the match was Real vs Arsenal. So entertaining! Real were very unlucky, they deserved atleast one goal.

m_vaughan said:
Seems to be a trophyless season now for Mr. Rafa Benitez.

Did I dream going to Monaco to see this?
:D

mob3982_1125120387.jpg

I think Liverpool might get the FA Cup this year, although I don't think they'll beat Chelsea for it. Somebody else will knock them out and Liverpool will win the final, I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread