Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sureshot said:
If they were serious about stamping it out is a fine of 800 Euros justifiable when 5,000+ fans are making racist chants?

Not sacking Aragones?

Blatter was right, they've still got a long way to go but we shouldn't mock them for making the effort.

No, you're right, it's good they are making the effort.

But when the clubs don't ban racists and when the Spanish FA, don't do anything with Aragones and give measly fines of 800 Euros for thousands shouting racist abuse, it doesn't bode well.

Aragones is without doubt the most ignorant of all people within Spanish football, has anyone read the article on BBC? it says

Luis Aragones does not think there is a racism problem in Spanish football.
The Spain coach's comments come after Barcelona and Cameroon's Samuel Eto'o tried to leave the field when Zaragoza fans made monkey noises at him.

"Eto'o may have confused things. Insults take a different form here, so I don't think there's racism," Aragones told the Efe news agency.

"Eto'o has taken literally some things which were said to him and the affair has been exaggerated."

Racism has one form all over the world, and by saying that monkey chants being aimed at a black person were not racist is absolutely ridiclious. Clealy this guy is racist and should not have anything to do with football and FIFA really need to take action against him and the ridiclious Spanish FA.

Briggsey said:
Aragones is without doubt the most ignorant of all people within Spanish football, has anyone read the article on BBC? it says

Luis Aragones does not think there is a racism problem in Spanish football.
The Spain coach's comments come after Barcelona and Cameroon's Samuel Eto'o tried to leave the field when Zaragoza fans made monkey noises at him.

"Eto'o may have confused things. Insults take a different form here, so I don't think there's racism," Aragones told the Efe news agency.

"Eto'o has taken literally some things which were said to him and the affair has been exaggerated."

Racism has one form all over the world, and by saying that monkey chants being aimed at a black person were not racist is absolutely ridiclious. Clealy this guy is racist and should not have anything to do with football and FIFA really need to take action against him and the ridiclious Spanish FA.

If Spain our serious about defeating racism, he needs to go. All the time he remains there it gives off the impression the Spanish FA don't care no matter what else they do.

Just wondering.....Liverpool fans making "monkey chants" at Gary Neville during FA Cup final.....if it was say William Gallas or Sol Campbell......would it be considered racist??

Though I do not agree with Mr. Aragones, I dont think, booing a player who happens to be black, needs to be looked as racism.

In this weekend's Premiership game between West Brom and Chelsea, when Didier Drogba was substituted, got a lot of stick from the crowd. If he wanted he could have made an issue out of it, and we would probably blame the crowd for being racists.

Just an opinion.

m_vaughan said:
Just wondering.....Liverpool fans making "monkey chants" at Gary Neville during FA Cup final.....if it was say William Gallas or Sol Campbell......would it be considered racist??

Though I do not agree with Mr. Aragones, I dont think, booing a player who happens to be black, needs to be looked as racism.

In this weekend's Premiership game between West Brom and Chelsea, when Didier Drogba was substituted, got a lot of stick from the crowd. If he wanted he could have made an issue out of it, and we would probably blame the crowd for being racists.

Just an opinion.
The crowd were booing Drogba because he tried to get a West Brom player sent off, thats fine enough and I think any player would have got stick for that for trying to get a home player sent off.

That Zaragoza crowd werent booing Eto'o they were aiming monkey chants at him when he touched the ball which can definately be considered as racism, booing them for a reason such as Drogba's though is acceptable because it has nothing to do with their skin colour, it has something to do with an event in the game.

m_vaughan said:

Just an opinion.

What? Booing a player? No thats not racist - the issue is monkey chants at Black people such as Eto. Have you not been reading any of the recent posts?!!!

Why would monkey chants at white people be considered racist? Also, Drogba could have made an issue, but we KNOW it's not racist it's about the fact he is a typical foreign player. Robben showed that he not only dives, he performs disgusting tackles that could end a players career. WE know theres a large problem in Spain whilst theres not one in England.

Well, Chelsea are on course to be the most hated champions in the history of English football. They didn't help themselves yesterday, the coming out late thing was scandalous as was Mouriniho laughing it off.

Robben's tackle was a two footed lunge; now in the laws of the game, thats a straight red without Robben actually needing to touch Greening, which he did anyway.

Mourinhio then sarcastically clapped the ref and when Drogba's dive which is becoming as common as James spam, he had a go at Robson. Then not shaking Robson's hand at the end was very unprofessional, even Fergie and Wenger do it.

Good old Henry.22 for the year,not a bad effort.Unfortunately i'll be on a big bike riding camp,but maybe i'll get myself up in time for it(Champions League vs Madrid).Hope so!

themuel1 said:
and when Drogba's dive which is becoming as common as James spam, he had a go at Robson. .

Actually if I recall correctly, Robson got angry when Drogba dived, and he shouted something at Mourinho which caused the 2 to go at each other.

And if you noticed at the end of the match, Diomansy Kamara nearly got a yellow card for a blatant dive in the penalty area. But of course, that gets overlooked and Drogba gets criticised. :mad:

At the end of the match, some Chelsea guy said that they came out late because Mourinho was berating them or something at half-time....but why did Drogba and Gallas come out late? Drogba must've needed time to put his hair band thingy right. :D But Gallas? He probably saw the New Zealand vs West Indies cricket match highlights at half time and got scared that his pants would come down like Vincent's did so he needed more time. :p :S

Tbh though I do like Chelsea, Mourinho's getting a bit annoying. He should change his attitude soon.

Good luck Chelsea tonight. I reckon 3-2 to them :p

@ Gold639 - Don't agree about Mourinho. What he is brilliant at is making himself the story and taking the pressure off the players.

Well both clubs have been reported to the FA and are likely to face charges. Probably some silly little fine and a slapped wrist as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread