Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anleo89 said:
chelsea 1-0 newcastle

i hope its not liverpool v/s chelsea in the semis i want 2 see both in the finals

No, I personally hope the Hammers get into the final and win it. I couldn't care less who won out of Cheatski (oh yes, new nickname down to Drogba, Del Horno (the camp version of Wayne Bridge) and suprisingly SWP who I'm appalled at. Moving to Cheatski may well prove to be a big mistake by him.

Changed my mind. I'd love to see anyone beat Cheatski in the final, a last minute Del Horno, Drogba or Terry own goal would be fitting :D

sid_19840 said:
Id go for a 3-1 win today in the Merseyside derby to Liverpool.

Gerrard off!!!! Easy decision, that tackle was reckless and he stupidly kicked the ball away. Go Toffees!!!

Question: Why are some players wearing "08" instead of 8 and some wearing plain old single numbers e.g. 4?

themuel1 said:
Question: Why are some players wearing "08" instead of 8 and some wearing plain old single numbers e.g. 4?

I think its something to do with charity( I think Alan Parry said that).

Perfect predicition from myself.The real hero's for me were Jamie,Xabi and Peter.

kevmead said:

lol,I wouldnt have predicted that if I knew that Stevie G would be sent off.

Can anyone count the total no of cards(no. of yellows and red's ) in that game?

Everton 7 yellow 1 red
Liverpool 3 yellow 1 red

sid_19840 said:
The ref is a spammer(of cards) ala zorax :p

Well, I think the ref was good today, he carded all of those that deserved to be carded. Not sure about the Everton sending off, I've only seen it once. Sending off people?

themuel1 said:
Gerrard off!!!! Easy decision, that tackle was reckless and he stupidly kicked the ball away. Go Toffees!!!

That is because Liverpool is bidding to become European capital of Culture 2008, hence the 08.

Brilliant win as Gerrard was sent off. Van Der Meyde elbowed him in the face, had to be a red card. Also Kewells goal was awesome tbh.

Drewska said:
That is because Liverpool is bidding to become European capital of Culture 2008, hence the 08.

Brilliant win as Gerrard was sent off. Van Der Meyde elbowed him in the face, had to be a red card. Also Kewells goal was awesome tbh.

The "08" thing absolutley true? Nothing to do with charity? United now have 3 games in hand over Liverpool.

themuel1 said:
The "08" thing absolutley true? Nothing to do with charity? United now have 3 games in hand over Liverpool.

Yes, the number 8s from both team had "08" on their shirt instead as Liverpool is European Capital of Culture in 2008.

Liverpool are now 1 point ahead of United. 3 games in hand doesnt mean anything until you win them!

Ste said:
Yes, the number 8s from both team had "08" on their shirt instead as Liverpool is European Capital of Culture in 2008.

Liverpool are now 1 point ahead of United. 3 games in hand doesnt mean anything until you win them!

Birmingham.........ok...If we lose that, I'll run naked round Trafalgar Square........(Swear I said that before.....) :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread