Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal face Juventus in the Champions League tonight, big games, Arsenal need to win 2-0/3-1 imo to face a chance in the second leg.

Tbh pathetic performance by Juve towards the end, getting 2 silly red cards like that is disgraceful. They've now got 3 players suspended for the next match.
Arsenal played very well.

Juve will be stronger with Del Piero and Nedved back for the next leg, but they'll be missing Vieira, and in his place I think they'll play Blasi, who's no where near as good.

If Arsenal play like they did tonight in Turin, they will be through no problems.

I think Juve will score in the next leg, but I also think Arsenal will too!

Arsenal-Inter in the semis me thinks and we all know (well most of us!) what happened last time Arsenal played Inter at the San Siro! :D

Briggsey said:
If Arsenal play like they did tonight in Turin, they will be through no problems.

I think Juve will score in the next leg, but I also think Arsenal will too!

Arsenal-Inter in the semis me thinks and we all know (well most of us!) what happened last time Arsenal played Inter at the San Siro! :D

I wouldn't be so sure about Inter. Figo is out and Inter've been horrible in front of goal lately. All Villarreal have to do is contain Adriano.

What a great match! We looked fairly poor during the first Half an hour,with alot of passes being misdirected,but in the last 10 mins we were rampent.Great tackle on Veira by Pires to set up first goal.Apart from the first five minutes,the second half was completely ours.We thrashed Juve.Henry and Fabregas were superb. Hopefully we can maintain some momentum into the next leg. :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy

Sureshot said:
Arsenal face Juventus in the Champions League tonight, big games, Arsenal need to win 2-0/3-1 imo to face a chance in the second leg.
Good prediction there. Can't stand the gooners myself, but must agree they outplayed Juventus tonight. Probably deserved to win by at least 3 goals. That Fabrigas looks like a class player - and he's still only a kid. This Arsenal team have a very promising future.

Yeh not bad prediction, Juventus fell apart like Vaughans stumps at the beginning of the Ashes.

the barcelona benifica match was a bit dull
i had expected barca 2 score ........atleast once

I didn't get to see much of yesterday's matches. :(

Villarreal scored in the first 45 seconds in the match, but Inter came back to win 2-1. I'm actually gonna tip Villarreal for the return leg, since they have home advantage and if Figo doesnt play then I'm sure Inter won't score.

AC Milan dominated the first half, Lyon dominated the second half. Shevchenko was surprisingly poor, he had many great opportunities. Milan have home advantage for the return leg, but Juninho returns for Lyon. Can't wait for next week. :)

Yes,i hope Villarreal get through too!It will be alot easier for us.if we make it through to the last four. Their defence is quite poor,and apart from Riquelme and Forlan don't(Maybe you could count Tacchi-something,i don't know how to spell his name) have a whole lot of Depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread