Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sureshot said:
Marco Materazzi should be banned for the whole of next season for that disgraceful elbow he gave to Sorin.

Disgrace to Football.
Are you joking?A year,for an elbow! :eek: Red card,thats all that was needed.

hondeyho said:
I know, I saw that elbow aswell and it was just appauling.

The game of football really needs to sort it's head out with all these divers, cheaters, bad decisions, bad sportsmanship, awful tackles, it's a disgrace to football - a simple game which unfortunatly for us is full of Drogbas.
Wow!What a great post.............line(?) :D
I can see we share similer view on good old droggy ;) :cheers :D

I mean a years ban in that competition.

What he did was no different to punching someone in the face.

It was intentional, he did it to hurt Sorin, for no other reason.

Sureshot said:

I agree with you about the same as punching in the face but I think the punishment is way to harsh. People doing 2 footed tackles get 3 games max! That may end someones career whilst an elbow won't.

He's argentine......I'm he'll get over it.... :D

At least with a 2 footed tackle someone is attempting to get to the ball.

Materazzi wasn't.

Infact if I were the opposing player I'd get the police involved for GBH.

Sureshot said:
At least with a 2 footed tackle someone is attempting to get to the ball.

Materazzi wasn't.

Infact if I were the opposing player I'd get the police involved for GBH.

Now you are going way over the top. It happens all the time, its a contact sport, you expect these sorts of things to happen. Give it a rest. It's boring me.

Barca win 2-0. :(

I really thought Benfica would grab an equalizer late on. I think if Simao had scored Benfica would've managed to hold on to 1-1. Benfica should never have conceded the first goal, terrible mistake by Beto.

Arsenal manage to hold on to 0-0. Tbh, the match was pretty dull, Juve never looked in form, Arsenal were always in control. When Nedved got sent off it was pretty much over.

Looking forward to the semi-finals. I reckon Arsenal will beat Villarreal and Milan will scrape through against Barcelona. They've got the defence to hold off Ronaldinho and enough attacking power to score. I predict a draw at the Nou Camp and a win at San Siro. :p

Yeah bad game to have to watch. The first leg was much better.
We had to watch it on small screen as well as the pub was using the big screen for Celtic vs Hearts.

Sureshot said:

Even if he did punch someone in th face(which he didn't.An elbow and a fist,there's a difference.),he doesn't deserve to get banned for next years comp.

JamesyJames3 said:
Now you are going way over the top. It happens all the time, its a contact sport, you expect these sorts of things to happen. Give it a rest. It's boring me.
Wait,did you just say contact?'Lets pretend i was hit and fell over','Yeah,i just felt like doing a superman into the box'. :D

gold639 said:
Barca win 2-0. :(

I really thought Benfica would grab an equalizer late on. I think if Simao had scored Benfica would've managed to hold on to 1-1. Benfica should never have conceded the first goal, terrible mistake by Beto.

Arsenal manage to hold on to 0-0. Tbh, the match was pretty dull, Juve never looked in form, Arsenal were always in control. When Nedved got sent off it was pretty much over.

Looking forward to the semi-finals. I reckon Arsenal will beat Villarreal and Milan will scrape through against Barcelona. They've got the defence to hold off Ronaldinho and enough attacking power to score. I predict a draw at the Nou Camp and a win at San Siro. :p
Yeah that Simao goal was a gimme. Good to see Arsenal through! We should thrash Villa.......There defence was aweful in the first leg against Inter. Well i hope Barca get through.Milan didn't deserve to get through yesterday,lucky *******s!

JamesyJames3 said:

Contact sport?

It's common assault ffs.

He purposefully elbowed him, it wasn't part of the game.

Sureshot said:
Contact sport?

It's common assault ffs.

Yes, it's a contact sport and a man's game. Ok, elbowing is illegal, but it happens, get over it.

Banning players for a year isn't going to solve anything. If we do this, it will set a tone and every player will be getting banned for years. Thus bringing the quality of the game down. Silly suggestion to say the least.

Last edited:
Sureshot said:
Contact sport?

It's common assault ffs.

You said earlier at least their trying to get the ball - have you seen some of the two footed tackles this season? What are you talking about?!!!

So many of the tackles are done in frustration and the ball is an afterthought!

Common assault LMAO! - Nothing of the sort!

How is not common assault then?

He's working in his job, no different to someone working in the office.

Btw, JJ3 I think you have misunderstood me, I mean to ban him for next seasons European Competition, not Serie A.

Sureshot said:

Btw, JJ3 I think you have misunderstood me, I mean to ban him for next seasons European Competition, not Serie A.

So, are you saying that some bad tackles in football should result in Police intervention?!!! The game used to be FAR worse in the 40's, 50's, 60's etc.

themuel1 said:
So, are you saying that some bad tackles in football should result in Police intervention?!!! The game used to be FAR worse in the 40's, 50's, 60's etc.
It can happen, especially when the player actually says he went to do him, like the Keane and Haaland situation a few years back, cant remember if there was some police involvement in that but I see no reason as to why they cant be brought into it if the player actually went in with serious intentions to harm the opposition player.

I wouldnt go as far as saying its common assault as you can hardly compare a football field to an office environment, you wont get people sliding about for a start!

Sureshot said:

It's not common assault because we expect physical action. Thats what the game is about. These things happen. He is not the first to elbow someone and he won't be the last. It hurts, but not as much as a clash of heads. It's not that big a deal.

Even banning him just for the Champions League is way too far. If they choose to take action a 3 game ban should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread